Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just got mine it looks like they painted over the button on the base to turn on the lights so its stuck and wont budge there is also several chips in the paint. So i will be calling sideshow now but he doesn't look as terrible as i was expecting but that might be because he is in low light, nevertheless i will be getting a refund hopefully.

So wait the concensus reading through the last few posts, is that if you have it, dimly lit, far away and lit up it's badass? :lol

i dont really give a damn about the paint, cos it all changes and depends on how u display it eventually and how much lighting is there, in the foto in which lights are dimmed , it looks really good i dont know how much better this Pf can look, repainted or no this will be among the most desired villain pf out there in a few years in my opinion, (maybe Ultron will have a guest appearance in the movies or end credit as villain in the sequel :dunno)

Move over Doom PF!

just watched the video, suprised with the box and packing, i think there will be a lot of damage reports coming in on this one specially international orders

IMG_2893.jpg

I have to agree, if this was painted like lets say Dr. Doom it had potential to be a grail of a statue!
The size and sculpt is amazing! The paint right now as it stands is just OK

Great comparsion pic there! Thanks! This Ultron PF is big! I hope the new Dr. Doom PF will come with a similar pose like Ultron!

The first Doom PF is perfect, I hope with the next they get a slightly more action pose, not like Ultron because it really doesn't fully fit IMHO but something subtle, like this:

doctor-doom-14.jpeg

IMG_2893.jpg

I have to agree, if this was painted like lets say Dr. Doom it had potential to be a grail of a statue!

The thing with ultron is there won't be another made for a very long time if ever. So if you miss the ex version now, it's gone. So at $350 it may still be worth it to have the ex considering the size and sculpt. I know i changed my opinion a bit after looking at the latest photos, the first closeup at the midtown comic shop looked absolutely horrible, but all the subsequent photos really dont look so bad.

alex, i think a lot of us are waiting to see how your repaint comes out before deciding to go this route or not, although i am not too keen on a glossy finish as oppose to sideshow's matte finish but with better details/highlights. It will be exciting either way!

The first Doom PF is perfect, I hope with the next they get a slightly more action pose, not like Ultron because it really doesn't fully fit IMHO but something subtle, like this:

doctor-doom-14.jpeg

hey,Mr spoiler :rotfl

I think some people dont know this end :lol

The thing with ultron is there won't be another made for a very long time if ever. So if you miss the ex version now, it's gone. So at $350 it may still be worth it to have the ex considering the size and sculpt. I know i changed my opinion a bit after looking at the latest photos, the first closeup at the midtown comic shop looked absolutely horrible, but all the subsequent photos really dont look so bad.

alex, i think a lot of us are waiting to see how your repaint comes out before deciding to go this route or not, although i am not too keen on a glossy finish as oppose to sideshow's matte finish but with better details/highlights. It will be exciting either way!

There are different methods of paining this. I am not going for the Chrome look. I wanted to but changed my mind. I am going to leave it to the painter for the most part to come up with the look. Although I have asked for the torso to be darker and all the cool wires to be darker than the rest of him.

There is one big problem.....SS has not even shipped it to me! :gah:

IMG_2893.jpg

Ultron really looks like an over sized toy we used to play with when we were 3; but that is not Sideshow's fault..that is what Ultron looks like in the comic books and SS remained faithful to source material

There are different methods of paining this. I am not going for the Chrome look. I wanted to but changed my mind. I am going to leave it to the painter for the most part to come up with the look. Although I have asked for the torso to be darker and all the cool wires to be darker than the rest of him.

There is one big problem.....SS has not even shipped it to me! :gah:

cant wait!

i am getting mine tomorrow :)

Ultron really looks like an over sized toy we used to play with when we were 3; but that is not Sideshow's fault..that is what Ultron looks like in the comic books and SS remained faithful to source material

Yes its for sure not Ultrons fault!! :lol

Hey,

I don't know where to post this to get a quick answer so I figure to post it here since the thread is still hot.

I wonder about reward points when you purchase from SSC. I have purchased the Ultron PF and will earn 325 points after 40 days. What about the "5% back in rewards"? On their Rewards Q&A it says "Each purchase will earn 5% back in Rewards", so will their customers get another 5% of 325 points, which is around 16 points???

Hey,

I don't know where to post this to get a quick answer so I figure to post it here since the thread is still hot.

I wonder about reward points when you purchase from SSC. I have purchased the Ultron PF and will earn 325 points after 40 days. What about the "5% back in rewards"? On their Rewards Q&A it says "Each purchase will earn 5% back in Rewards", so will their customers get another 5% of 325 points, which is around 16 points???

It's referring to the idea that Reward Points are 1/20 (or 5%) of a dollar. So 100 points = $5.

To answer your question though, you would not get an additional 16 points.

Back