Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, what's the purpose of the styrofoam if the parts are gonna break. Unless they threw in there broken like that.

Dude you are trying to hard to find stuff to whine about, thousands of the statues have been sent out and you are focusing on the ONE that has a broken spear? Yeah, must be a flaw with the styrofoam :slap

With these latest wonder woman statue pics i've been re-inspired by this piece :), though its unfortunate about the broken spear and chipped ax-arm and josh-a-tron i don't know what kind of camera your using but those wonder woman pics look amazing :O.

Question is the ex axe, helmet and the sword that goes into the base made of polystone or plastic?

Dude you are trying to hard to find stuff to whine about, thousands of the statues have been sent out and you are focusing on the ONE that has a broken spear? Yeah, must be a flaw with the styrofoam :slap

Its kinda hard not to, i'm afraid i've been doing the same thing as most pictures that people seem to post are of there damaged pieces.

With these latest wonder woman statue pics i've been re-inspired by this piece :), though its unfortunate about the broken spear and chipped ax-arm and josh-a-tron i don't know what kind of camera your using but those wonder woman pics look amazing :O.

Question is the ex axe, helmet and the sword that goes into the base made of polystone or plastic?

Standard version here but I'm guessing is the same on EX:

Shield = plastic
Sword = plastic
Helmet = polystone
Axe = sorry no EX yet

The helmet is my guess since its very solid and heavy and the other aforementioned pieces don't weigh a thing.

Its kinda hard not to, i'm afraid i've been doing the same thing as most pictures that people seem to post are of there damaged pieces.

See, it would have made sense if he was simply complaining about the damaged spear, but complaining about the styrofoam because of one broken spear out of a couple of thousand is just stupid.

I just ran across this thread and remember when I first heard about this statue and saw the preview. It's three years later, I've paid for the exclusive edition, and I'm still waiting for it. Sometimes it seems like they are being held back on purpose which I don't understand. I keep getting emails about delays for this and other figures (Star Lord for example) and it is very frustrating. It reminds me of the announced Halo Cortana figure that never happened and disappeared off the site.

I agree. I paid as soon as I could and am still looking at "processing" when I go to Sideshow.
Congrats to all the people getting waitlist conversions! However, if your statues ship before mine I'm going to lose my **** on SS. :lecture

Exactly who knows. Wish they would pack their items like XM does.

Well final pose for the night. Just emailed SSC about the broken spear so probably wont hear anything until next week

View attachment 164509

Sweet Pic and Score on WW, Neighbor, really dig the way you displayed the Shield, was Lucky with mine, picked her up yesterday, no issues, the only thing I was surprised by, I thought the band-era would be real cloth hanging off the spear, not unhappy, Good Luck with your Spear Tex

Be Cool
Al

Breathe, relax, don't bust the blood vessels in your brain with my comments. I was discussing why and how a spear can snap like that inside a protective styrofoam that actually failed or some foul play is involved. Maybe the guy in the grassy knoll did that. Is that ok?

Breathe, relax, don't bust the blood vessels in your brain with my comments. I was discussing why and how a spear can snap like that inside a protective styrofoam that actually failed or some foul play is involved. Maybe the guy in the grassy knoll did that. Is that ok?

I'm backed hyped for this statue, i figure i have a 50/50 of getting a good one, but thats a chance i'll take considering if i wait to get an ex second hand off ebay without any issues i'll be paying atleast 200$ more considering alot seem to be damaged.

I'm backed hyped for this statue, i figure i have a 50/50 of getting a good one, but thats a chance i'll take considering if i wait to get an ex second hand off ebay without any issues i'll be paying atleast 200$ more considering alot seem to be damaged.

I love this WW, I won't be discouraged in getting her. There's always options when you have something like that of the delicate nature. There's a guy on youtube called Rafael Robledo Jr. and people send him their SS statues for repaint/repair. This guy is like a master modeler and he does wonderful work. He's got techniques that would improve anybody's abilities in the world of art. Check it out.

I love this WW, I won't be discouraged in getting her. There's always options when you have something like that of the delicate nature. There's a guy on youtube called Rafael Robledo Jr. and people send him their SS statues for repaint/repair. This guy is like a master modeler and he does wonderful work. He's got techniques that would improve anybody's abilities in the world of art. Check it out.

He's good i'm surprised i haven't seen his work before, a person who inspired me to learn how to paint PF's is this guy named vincente torres he did a repaint of red sonja which blew me away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5a08blGcsk . Redsonja1.jpg Though wonder woman imo is near prototype quality and doesn't need a repaint, i could only imagine what could be done.

Wasn't just one broken spear. Wish my post wasn't overlooked my spear arrived broken as well. Packaging isn't great.
Actually I don't think it was the packaging because the spear comes in its own slot in the foam and is also wrapped in extra foam to protect against the very break that happened to yours. I'd almost have to say who ever packed yours broke the spear while trying to put it in the foam and was afraid to say anything and left it.

Its speculation of course but the way mine was packed the only othe explaination is that the box was struck at that very location sharply and snapped the spear, but in doing so would have busted the foam.

Actually I don't think it was the packaging because the spear comes in its own slot in the foam and is also wrapped in extra foam to protect against the very break that happened to yours. I'd almost have to say who ever packed yours broke the spear while trying to put it in the foam and was afraid to say anything and left it.

Its speculation of course but the way mine was packed the only othe explaination is that the box was struck at that very location sharply and snapped the spear, but in doing so would have busted the foam.

That, if true, is a much worse reflection on SSCs QC than if the styrofoam was just misdesigned.

Back