Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no personal interest in Wonder Woman but I have to admit, it's a great statue. Very commanding. Love it.

Sigh. Stuff breaks. Have you seen those videos where UPS/FedEx/whatever truck drivers throw boxes around the truck? I've talked to a truck driver that told me he kicks and jams boxes into the trucks until they fit just enough for the door to close. Of course, good packaging always helps. SS hasnt always made the best packaging for their statues (Gandalf pf) but theres only so much you can do sometimes when boxes are kicked and thrown around and there's other **** dropped on it.

Also, surely there are a ton of people who have received their statues in great condition, but theyre not reporting because theyre not part of this forum. It goes both ways.

He's good i'm surprised i haven't seen his work before, a person who inspired me to learn how to paint PF's is this guy named vincente torres he did a repaint of red sonja which blew me away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5a08blGcsk . View attachment 164570 Though wonder woman imo is near prototype quality and doesn't need a repaint, i could only imagine what could be done.
oh yeah, i've seen his work too on Youtube. That's another guy that will paint and enhance the paint-job on your PF and make a superb masterpiece of it.

fqT0EFQ.gif

This statue looks so good. Ss normally is very helpful for damage statues. They have improved since last year. They even help me with the chip ivy plant. I don't see why they would not help anyone who gets a broken spear or chip part of the statue.
Mine will be a while but I'm in no rush. Hope they sort out any QC issues first. I do love the tiny frame holder idea for the shield. Super idea, I will buy a few soon to prepare for the best statue to date. Anyone knows what Steve is sculpting next? I can see it now he will be sculpter of the year with the statue of the year. All his sculpts are spot on likeness men and women. Just amazing!

^^ Nice. That's how I plan on displaying them--with Bats front and center. And with WW, my DC statue collection will be complete! Unless, of course, they decide to make some classic Titans statues, or Beetle and Booster. Don't you do it, SSC!

^^ Nice. That's how I plan on displaying them--with Bats front and center. And with WW, my DC statue collection will be complete! Unless, of course, they decide to make some classic Titans statues, or Beetle and Booster. Don't you do it, SSC!

:lol I wish my DC buying were even close to being done. I'm still hoping for a better Hal Jordan, Flash, Aquaman Martian ManHunter, Nightwing, Robin, Two Face, Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Ras Al ghul....you get the point...

Here's my EX. After reading all the issues out of box from fellow board members, I was very anxious opening this......Thankfully, no issues, comparatively speaking (does everyone have the issue with the right foot not sitting flush in the base?). I saw a lot of problems with the pegged parts but found mine to fit snug and in place with some due diligence. My solution to the hairpiece is below the pics.

If you're having trouble with the hairpiece, I found a solution for mine:

It took a lot of work to get the peg in but with patience, it will go. The keyhole in her head that the square key fits in had a nub of polystone in a corner. I carefully chipped it off with a knife. Doing so allows the hairpiece to sit flush in the keyhole. I applied Vaseline to the hairpiece peg and slowly was able to insert the hairpiece. This literally took nearly 4 minutes as it only went in a millimeter at a time. Now my hairpiece sits without any forehead showing. It took some time, but I was able to get her to look as envisioned by Sideshow. I hope this helps.

PS.....Any remedies for the left leg not allowing the right foot to sit inside the keyhole all the way?

Here's my EX. After reading all the issues out of box from fellow board members, I was very anxious opening this......Thankfully, no issues, comparatively speaking (does everyone have the issue with the right foot not sitting flush in the base?). I saw a lot of problems with the pegged parts but found mine to fit snug and in place with some due diligence. My solution to the hairpiece is below the pics.

It took a lot of work to get the peg in but with patience, it will go. The keyhole in her head that the square key fits in had a nub of polystone in a corner. I carefully chipped it off with a knife. Doing so allows the hairpiece to sit flush in the keyhole. I applied Vaseline to the hairpiece peg and slowly was able to insert the hairpiece. This literally took nearly 4 minutes as it only went in a millimeter at a time. Now my hairpiece sits without any forehead showing. It took some time, but I was able to get her to look as envisioned by Sideshow. I hope this helps.

PS.....Any remedies for the left leg not allowing the right foot to sit inside the keyhole all the way?

Great looking collection! Who's the woman in the wonder woman poster?

Awesome pics!

As far as the foot goes I took a q-tip with some alcohol, dribbled a bit into the hole then took a small pipe cleaner, the kind used for krafts not the metal kind, and cleaned out the hole. She went right in after that. I did the same for the hairpiece it took a little wiggling but it went in as well.

Awesome pics!

As far as the foot goes I took a q-tip with some alcohol, dribbled a bit into the hole then took a small pipe cleaner, the kind used for krafts not the metal kind, and cleaned out the hole. She went right in after that. I did the same for the hairpiece it took a little wiggling but it went in as well.

Thanks for the compliment. However, I don't think your remedy will work for me. My left leg is propped on the broken pedestal and is resting on it therefore not allowing the right foot to drop any lower into the base.

Back