1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an old classic character, back in the 80s I think, originated in the 50s. Very popular manga. Probably why not many people are familiar with him because it is foreign and some collectors are younger nowadays. I'm sure for people growing up with the Space Pirate, this will be like a collector's item for them.

10303778_10152077138657344_7255332349004628902_n.jpg

l44dS3M.jpg

It might just an artifact of the sepia tone on the group shot but I hope the color hasn't skewed to the yellow like it looks it has. The look of 42 suffers a lot when the color is wrong. To wit:

ysy3e5ev.jpg

gege4yre.jpg

3anemy6u.jpg

And a comparison pic with the proto and repaint...
azu4yby3.jpg

I think it's mostly the lighting causing those differences. The single figure photo is using a very very soft clean light. U can see shadows as close as the other side of the figure..like the top left of the helmet Ect...where as the group shot has a much brighter harsher lighting causing crisper longer shadows. That can cause a huge color shift. And, honestly, unless you have a very special high end monitor almost all screens have some form of color shift. The standards adopted for color reproduction are very old and inaccurate for the most part. So it could have a completely different hue in person.

That said, my guess it's lighting difference between photos that represent the color change u see between them on screen. My point was, though, that both may not be "true" color representation and it may appear more or less pleasing in hand and to remember that when ordering.

Do you have individual cases for every figure?

I usually prefer to display them on their own, I have 14 cases stored and now another 4 still boxed. I havent had any figures on display for a while now but when I did have them set up most had a case to themselves, but I would put some figures in pairs

I preordered yesterda using the may the fourth discount code. Hopefully there won't be any more delays :lecture

Once this is released, I think my Iron Man collection will be done! Keeping it to CUSTOM Tony, Mechanic, Mk7, WM Mk1, IP, and Mk42. Only exception I'd make would be Die Cast Mk3 if that is made, but I really don't want to fall in the trap of owning every single IM armor.

Once this is released, I think my Iron Man collection will be done! Keeping it to CUSTOM Tony, Mechanic, Mk7, WM Mk1, IP, and Mk42. Only exception I'd make would be Die Cast Mk3 if that is made, but I really don't want to fall in the trap of owning every single IM armor.

I already did :slap
all I'll say is
its_a_trap_meme_by_krow000666-d4i2eot.jpg

Trap indeed! Over half my collection so far is iron man stuff. Don't know how it happened. I have the mandarin and snapper en route, with the mk33 and 42 on preorder. Sitting here now thinking about star boost and heartbreaker

Back