1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Damn what the hell? He looks badass in the helmet there but I guess it's harder to pull off in live-action.

not hard to pull off in live-action...they can easily make a lightweight,form fitting helmet (like a football helmet) BUT Chris Hemsworth doesn't want to wear it and he whined about it when doing fight scenes with it in the first THOR movie and they did away with it

not hard to pull off in live-action...they can easily make a lightweight,form fitting helmet (like a football helmet) BUT Chris Hemsworth doesn't want to wear it and he whined about it when doing fight scenes with it in the first THOR movie and they did away with it

You'd think he'd put up with it for the $$$$$$$$$$ he gets :lol

An exclusive should never be some important plot piece. How POed would you be if they had an exclusive to secret base only that was say a red light ultron sentry or a mk43 BD or swappable arm Thor or So on. The exclusive was never designed to be some special important item...it's a freebie that ups the "collectable" market value. That's it.
Tell that to Threezero.

You'd think he'd put up with it for the $$$$$$$$$$ he gets :lol

I don't know the actual contract numbers, but I'm fairly certain it's not as much $$$ as you might believe (the rough estimate I saw was he only got $1 million for Thor 2). It's still a lot to us, but it's not nearly as much as he'd get for other leading roles. That's the Marvel trade-off- lower salary for more exposure. And also why it'll be really hard for Marvel to get the actors to extend their contracts when they expire.

Yeah they're only infinity stones :lol not important at all :rotfl

Not yet, and not done like that. For most people it's a small accessory that usually stays in the box, gets sold(beciase anything "exclusive" in collecting has value, or may sit on a shelf and never get noticed. They may be more important to the story as a whole...but not that character. If you where buying star lord already the exclusive item may have (big maybe) got you to go with ssc..but chances are if you didn't want star lord the exclusive wasn't going to make u buy it. And if you bought it elsewhere your figure doesn't feel incomplete. And that's what it's designed for.

It's not like Thor's hammer, or say star lords alt uniform or his guns or something like that.

Not yet, and not done like that. For most people it's a small accessory that usually stays in the box, gets sold(beciase anything "exclusive" in collecting has value, or may sit on a shelf and never get noticed. They may be more important to the story as a whole...but not that character. If you where buying star lord already the exclusive item may have (big maybe) got you to go with ssc..but chances are if you didn't want star lord the exclusive wasn't going to make u buy it. And if you bought it elsewhere your figure doesn't feel incomplete. And that's what it's designed for.
It's not like Thor's hammer, or say star lords alt uniform or his guns or something like that.

Yes I agree, to the character some of those items are irrelevant, like the Aether, I never saw Loki with that thing, but I still would keep it beside the figure on its base or in his hand, its a cool little thing, but yes not very important to the character.....

The Orb though I would say is important to Starlord, its pretty much the center of the movie and so is he, its not Majorly important to him but I think its still somewhat important......

:duff

If Threezero made Marvel figures, Mjolnir would be exclusive, same with Cap's shield [emoji38]

Better look at the magazine scan. Hair is sculpted. The figure looks pretty damn impressive overall. If I didn't know any better I would have mistaken it for a 1/1 statue or a promo shot for the movie.

HT000.jpg

Ah, ok found it. I skimmed back like 15 pages but guess I had to dig deeper. Surprised this didn't get bumped at all since the OP.

Looks good and what we could have expected. Mostly the same as DW with slight tweaks to the sculpt, pants & armor. Interested in seeing what more will be include or if it's just some lightning effect pieces.

Ah, ok found it. I skimmed back like 15 pages but guess I had to dig deeper. Surprised this didn't get bumped at all since the OP.

Looks good and what we could have expected. Mostly the same as DW with slight tweaks to the sculpt, pants & armor. Interested in seeing what more will be include or if it's just some lightning effect pieces.

This will probably be it...

Ho hum @ that pic. Just give us the full reveal Hot Toys ha

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

From some rumors in HK forum, Thor will finally announce on tomorrow, or batman, we don't know much.
I'm ready to rush to secret base.

:lol

Yea, not much more could've been expected. The DW had blue trim on the skirt, sliver patch on the pants and gold trim on the armor and what this is is what we saw in AoU. At least we got a tweaked expression

Back