1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, what I'm noticing about the "frowning/squinting" eyes is probably the bottom eyelid ridge combined with the nose ridge being too small and not placed correctly or something the others have mentioned

But it's what I notice the most in this figure....a lot more than the mouth being too big

Lord Valefor, for a guy who couldn’t even tell the difference between the screen used ANH mask and the ESB fencing mask (possibly two of the most different filming masks made), you are VERY picky about the most minute details on these figures.

it's not the same thing at all . The ESB fencing masks and ANH mask both look like Darth Vader from the movies. I'd be happy with either reproduced perfectly in a 1:6 figure. I prefer the ESB helmet overall but it's basically the same shape as the ANH helmet with some minor alterations. There's not all sorts of proportion and angle issues going on like this figure and to a lesser degree the RO/ANH figure.

And right now the "least worse" of all the 1:6 headsculpts to date is the RO headsculpt

I'm just hoping HT realizes this and scraps this sculpt for 1/6 RotJ

giphy.gif

I think I've reached my limit with this thread. ESB is a great figure. R1 is a great figure. Neither is perfect.

"The one you bought is the best one." Seen all 1:6 Vaders in hand, hot toys esb and r1 by far the best ones imo. Of the two I prefer the esb.. which is why I passed on r1.

The back reveal helm details and back head sculpt is growing on me. Paint on the skin is lacking but the scar sculpting is pretty spot on, nice to know its there but I'd never display him with the dome off :lol

Some of you get too crazy on the smallest, minute detail that people can hardly tell from the naked eyes. I’m talking about psychotic, obsessive crazy and not in a good way.

Some of you get too crazy on the smallest, minute detail that people can hardly tell from the naked eyes. I’m talking about psychotic, obsessive crazy and not in a good way.

Imagine the therapy sessions :lol

Freak: Doc, I just can't get past my HT vader having a 24 degree slope on his cheek where it should be 32

Down! the tusks are pointing DOWN! And when I look away in disgust and let my eyes rest on my a new hope and rogue one hybrid Vader next to it, it so TALL! Im talking half and INCH too much! *foams at mouth while convulsing on the floor*

Many of us are so familiar with Vader, and considering how long he’s been the subject of high end collectible and the companies who make them, with today’s technology and access to the more obscure details, we’d expect they have the ability to produce at least a convincing likeness...enough to look as if it’s been mechanically shrunk or even created from digital files

But even the. Most obvious weirdness will stand out.

Yes. Shoulderpads don't look huge. Did you swapped with R1 or simply tuck undet chest armor?

This is in my pile of loot but I’m not loving it for the price. Happy with my two ANH versions for now. But don’t want to return and aggravate BBtS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is in my pile of loot but I’m not loving it for the price. Happy with my two ANH versions for now. But don’t want to return and aggravate BBtS

I wouldn’t worry about it unless you’ve cancelled a lot of figures from your POL. If you have 2 Vader figures already I’d save the almost few hundred dollars for something else.

He looks great in that photo.

I think overall this is a solid looking release. My issues come from the way the electronics are rigged up, they really need to leave them out or engineer them to be more user friendly.

He looks great in that photo.

I think overall this is a solid looking release. My issues come from the way the electronics are rigged up, they really need to leave them out or engineer them to be more user friendly.

I hate messing around with them so much I never bother with them anymore. There's gotta be a better solution than these dumb little watch batteries that don't even last long enough to make the pain of installing them worth it. Especially the g**damn lightsaber arms, and Vader's box lights.

Back