1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone get an AOTC or ROTS version if HT made it.. seems like HT is avoiding the PT characters, idk if it's because SSC has the rights :dunno

Should HT make a AOTC or ROTS version..was Yoda really any different other than the light saber :lecture

Looks better in that video, is that an actual production piece?

But does it look better only because the color of the video is a bit washed out?

Which is truer to what we will have in hand, are the close ups with the obvious different colored nose higher saturated then reality or is this video under saturated compared to what we would see in hand?

I think judging by the blogger pics, that HT made the nose dark so it would blend in more with the really intricate detail of the wrinkles on Yoda's face. I think if the nose was too light of a shade of green it might be too distracting to the eye in certain lighting :lecture

But does it look better only because the color of the video is a bit washed out?

Which is truer to what we will have in hand, are the close ups with the obvious different colored nose higher saturated then reality or is this video under saturated compared to what we would see in hand?

looks alright to me

Which is truer to what we will have in hand, are the closeups with the obvious different colored nose higher saturated then reality or is this video under saturated compared to what we would see in hand?

looks alright to me
:slap
...unless you are looking at the figure in hand you are in no way engaging in what I have asked. :rotfl

Looks much better in that video. Like others have said howver; whether that's an accurate depiction of how it would be in hand is the question.

...I haven't committed yet but have to remind myself the figure's head is probably about the size of my thumb, so the large blogger pics are showing it way out of scale as compared to the figure in hand.

I haven't been following this figure at all. When did they add the rooted hair?

I might have to get this now looks pretty great.

Pulled the trigger on this today and PO'd from SSC using my remaining RP, to bring it down to $171.

My only nits are the overly green nose and the dirt effects in the wrinkles on his head, but I really do think those are going to be barely noticeable in hand while he's displayed on the shelf, given his diminutive size. I do believe this is probably the best one available on the market.

Being that this is probably going to be the only Yoda figure made for at least the next decade (don't see them doing another one from any other SW film), I have a feeling this is going to increase in price on the secondary market after it's sold out, given his popularity as an OT character also. I really want a Yoda to pair with my DX07 Bespin Luke, so I figured I'd better pounce on this one while it's still at retail and I can apply some points to it.

I have a feeling they may have gotten the dirt in the crevices idea from here:

star-wars-yoda-life-size-figure-400302-01.jpg

Actually, jeez, now that I look at it, it looks like they imitated the sculpt of it too. Could explain a few things? They likely had this on hand when working on it.

I haven't been following this figure at all. When did they add the rooted hair?

I might have to get this now looks pretty great.

Well, as far as i know there was no update in between prototype reveal and recent production release. Might even be the very reason behind the delays.

Yoda pic.jpg

mbMefjX.gif

I think sculpt wise it's pretty damn good, just a bit too much symmetry. Hopefully someone here will experiment with some paint apps.

17635503_10154344592812344_6270051827481437263_o.jpg

Yeah you can definitely see it here. Looks like they just painted what was going to be the hair green and glued some hairs on top. Hmmm...

Also not sure whey they added dirt to his crevices. That's not movie accurate:

Yoda%20-%20ESB.jpg

I think they were going for lighter in the wrinkles but they should've used the base green and not brown

Back