1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not sure if I'll pick up this figure, but I do think that with a repaint and some thinning of that added white hair, it can be made to look more like the puppet we saw in ESB.

Just watched the videos posted and he does look better in the in hand videos than he comes across in the pictures. Not that I thought he looked bad in the pictures, but he looks even better in the videos. The accessories and the base are irrelevant to me because I plan on just standing him right next to the clean DX07 figure.

I wonder if the applied rooted hair will be able to be futzed at all? It seems like it needs to be a bit more frizzed out.

Just watched the videos posted and he does look better in the in hand videos than he comes across in the pictures. Not that I thought he looked bad in the pictures, but he looks even better in the videos. The accessories and the base are irrelevant to me because I plan on just standing him right next to the clean DX07 figure.

I wonder if the applied rooted hair will be able to be futzed at all? It seems like it needs to be a bit more frizzed out.

I love the accessories ..glad HT included the light :lol

I wonder with this new Yoda body if HT could also use it for Jawas with decent joints and cloak material....

Anyone know if this could work height wise ??

I wonder with this new Yoda body if HT could also use it for Jawas with decent joints and cloak material....

Anyone know if this could work height wise ??

Jawas were too much different in size that it would make no sense to use the yoda body. Also remember..Jawas were actual midgets or short people in costume, where Yoda was strictly made to be a muppet.

I think it would be better to have Jawas use a new type of TT from HT

Went ahead and ordered today with a $20.00 code. Glad to have a Yoda after I sold my sideshow version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I love how this figure looks with the head tilted down in that Asian video.

When I saw the way it looks when he put the arms up in a pose..Wow! Best posed Yoda ever :hi5:

I literally could hear Frank Oz's voice coming out of it :horror

mbMefjX.gif

I think sculpt wise it's pretty damn good, just a bit too much symmetry. Hopefully someone here will experiment with some paint apps.

Boy, they really got the ears wrong.

Looks like they could indeed stand to be perhaps a bit more slender, but I really do think the inaccuracies on this figure are just minor nit picks.

****! I hesitated and now the price is raised by ~$30.

Just wait a few months after it ships and sells out, hot toys will do another batch run like it did with obi wan, solo, and chewi, and then u will be able to get yoda $30 off the regular price like the previous 3 mentioned

d624da6a13d917ec71d22219f97d2875.jpg

I'll swap the head out on my sideshow with the open eye Sculpt and use the closed eye Sculpt for a force wielding yoda on the base.

Just wait a few months after it ships and sells out, hot toys will do another batch run like it did with obi wan, solo, and chewi, and then u will be able to get yoda $30 off the regular price like the previous 3 mentioned

Back