1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered the little runt from Hong Kong while the prices are still low.

Supposed to be in stock "very soon".

Very soon will be in a month or two. They always tell me first ones are at a higher price. Low price is when the distributor run gets done. I guess from that main run they also end up at Sideshow eventually too. But typically still quicker from HK.

Just wait a few months after it ships and sells out, hot toys will do another batch run like it did with obi wan, solo, and chewi, and then u will be able to get yoda $30 off the regular price like the previous 3 mentioned

987.gif

:lecture :exactly:

It's the shot that has me wanting to place an order...

When I saw the way it looks when he put the arms up in a pose..Wow! Best posed Yoda ever :hi5:

I literally could hear Frank Oz's voice coming out of it :horror

The head tilted down hides the sculpt issues nicely, pretty much 100%. I'm really glad there's a great iconic pose that still shows most of the face yet hides the aspects that seem off.

Part of me feels like the open-eyes HT head is like a much better detailed and painted resculpt of the mentor Sideshow Yoda rather than a sculpt of Yoda from ESB. The underlying shape of the head and the facial details just remind me more of that SSC figure more than they do of onscreen Yoda.

I do wish this had been one of those eerily-good, 100%-nailed sculpts that HT pulls off occasionally, but everyone's right - this will be it for 1/6 Yodas for at least the next five years, and it really is a pretty drool-worthy release when looking at the unboxing vids.

Ok. Actually looks pretty amazing in that video. Thanks for posting.

And I love how they're at a cafe table.:lol

I see Cosby so differently now - even just seeing his face gives me the creeps.

I see a gif with him shaking his head "no" and I'm thinking I should be saying "yes.":lol

I do wish this had been one of those eerily-good, 100%-nailed sculpts that HT pulls off occasionally, but everyone's right - this will be it for 1/6 Yodas for at least the next five years, and it really is a pretty drool-worthy release when looking at the unboxing vids.

Stop being so demanding! They've already had three in the Star Wars line (Leia, old Han, Chirrut), how many more do you want!!!? And those three display perfectly together. Only SW figures you need--plus you can have Han creeping on young Leia. Cosby would approve.

I really can't wait for this figure either. Each time I look at my DX07, I imagine this Yoda next to to him. Makes for a great pairing to capture the essence of ESB.

I love how this figure looks with the head tilted down in that Asian video.

This review shot really sold it for me. Although I'd already pre ordered him anyway, this pose gets me really exited about him!

IMG_2358.jpg

:lecture :exactly:

It's the shot that has me wanting to place an order...

Stop being so demanding! They've already had three in the Star Wars line (Leia, old Han, Chirrut), how many more do you want!!!? And those three display perfectly together. Only SW figures you need--plus you can have Han creeping on young Leia. Cosby would approve.

Old Man Han creeping out over young Leia with a blind man watching.:rotfl

Come to think of it, HF flies a plane like a blind man and was a lecherous 15-years-older man during his affair with CF during ANH, so that combo does kinda work.:dunno

I was watching loonentoys and wzlucky on Ebay as they were the two cheapest options.

When loonentoys sold out I went with wzlucky: $219 delivered, which is better than Sideshow with tax even after a code.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272253838694?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Did you already check all the various dealers online before going to eBay? Wondering if any of them have a discount going. I'm guessing with it selling out in a few places, probably not.

It's amazing that not so long ago, people were totally stunned by the idea of a DX Vader costing $250, now here we are happily shelling out $200 for a Yoda.:lol

I checked the usual Hong Kong retailers but didn't see any pre-orders available.

UK prices are a lot higher as normal.

Yep.

I really want to order him but I am struggling at the £200+ price point.

I guess I need to see him in person before I make a final judgement.
I was really impressed with the Sideshow Darth Maul for example... but not £229 impressed.

Just wait a few months after it ships and sells out, hot toys will do another batch run like it did with obi wan, solo, and chewi, and then u will be able to get yoda $30 off the regular price like the previous 3 mentioned

Oh, no, you misunderstood me. I was pissed for a bit, complained on the internet about it and then I hit the buy button like a good doll collecting boy. :rotfl:slap

:exactly:

This review shot really sold it for me. Although I'd already pre ordered him anyway, this pose gets me really exited about him!

View attachment 334315

Precisely the pose I plan on putting him in (same goes for many others I presume). He's on his base, but I assume that he won't have any issues standing on his own in that pose without the diorama base.

Old Man Han creeping out over young Leia with a blind man watching.:rotfl

Come to think of it, HF flies a plane like a blind man and was a lecherous 15-years-older man during his affair with CF during ANH, so that combo does kinda work.:dunno

:exactly:

Back