1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just got yoda and he has chip marks on his head so I'm sending it back.
Another thing I've noticed is the hair its practically dropping off really poorly done looks shocking.
View attachment 334579View attachment 334580
View attachment 334581

Bummer about the paint chips.

Yeah, that hair was a major afterthought. No doubt it was poorly done and way too much of it. I ordered one from eBay so I should have it soon. Hopefully it will look alright on display like some have mentioned.

Couple of quickies. The only nit I have so far is I'd like more neck mobility tilting upward but I'm pretty sure I can get the same effect with the waist joint. I love the hair. Maybe it suffers in macro but IRL at the this tiny size it gives a good impression of the scraggly puppet hair.

yoder1.jpg

yoder2.jpg

Couple of quickies. The only nit I have so far is I'd like more neck mobility tilting upward but I'm pretty sure I can get the same effect with the waist joint. I love the hair. Maybe it suffers in macro but IRL at the this tiny size it gives a good impression of the scraggly puppet hair.

View attachment 334648

View attachment 334649

Looks good! Can you tell us some quick thoughts pros cons?

Congrats, man. If mine looks anything like this, I'll be ecstatic.

View attachment 334648

Congrats, man. If mine looks anything like this, I'll be ecstatic.

Thanks! I hope everybody is happy with theirs. I'm not usually the guy who buys from HK but Yoda is my fav and my birthday just passed. :)

How pissed would everyone be if 2-3 months after these have been released they announced a 2 pack yoda with training Luke ver :lol

Probly I'd just get that, too. :lol

So, long night, but some first impressions after putting him through the paces a bit -

First, I notice that my Kotobukiya and even a couple of Hasbro Yodas have two pouches on their belt while the HT has only one. No idea which is screen accurate and too tired to go to the videotape tonight.

Thought the left arm bicep swivel was exceptionally loose but realised it had come "unpopped." This body seems very ball-jointy. Lots of "butterfly" movement in the shoulders, which I like. Gives him good hunch.

Not even getting into batteries or floaty rocks tonight.

Stands great. Articulation is very easy, just the right amount of friction (once I popped that bicep in).

Kinda wish there was an open mouth sculpt....maybe in that two-pack?

I really like the fabric and I think it will truly pop with water treatment once you decide on a pose.

Some more pics -

y5.jpg

y11.jpg

y24.jpg

y25.jpg

y42.jpg

y47.jpg

Thanks! I hope everybody is happy with theirs. I'm not usually the guy who buys from HK but Yoda is my fav and my birthday just passed. :)

Probly I'd just get that, too. :lol

So, long night, but some first impressions after putting him through the paces a bit -

First, I notice that my Kotobukiya and even a couple of Hasbro Yodas have two pouches on their belt while the HT has only one. No idea which is screen accurate and too tired to go to the videotape tonight.

Thought the left arm bicep swivel was exceptionally loose but realised it had come "unpopped." This body seems very ball-jointy. Lots of "butterfly" movement in the shoulders, which I like. Gives him good hunch.

Not even getting into batteries or floaty rocks tonight.

Stands great. Articulation is very easy, just the right amount of friction (once I popped that bicep in).

Kinda wish there was an open mouth sculpt....maybe in that two-pack?

I really like the fabric and I think it will truly pop with water treatment once you decide on a pose.

Some more pics -

View attachment 334749

View attachment 334750

Congrats man! Those last two shots are absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you take off the rose tinted glasses and realize a 2 foot tall Yoda being a great fighter makes no sense.

Back