1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

I think this may be the end of the road for me and Hot Toys... Spending $300 for a figure is starting to get a little silly. Beautiful piece though. More power to you if you can afford it.

:exactly: I would like to have a few HT IM3 figures but this has left me cold. I did place an order with BBTS and I am 99% sure i will not keep it.
Maybe this is the Hot Toys gods way of telling me to be happy with the IM figures i already have. :(

What im mostly disappointed in, is this figure has ZERO features. No air brakes, no hip flares, no arm missiles, no battle damage parts. Do the back of the legs open up? Does the chest panel come off? Can the laser gun switch shoulders? And no full Don Cheadle head sculpt ( AGAIN?! :gah: They've had 4 chances to make that sculpt :mad: ) Its completely devoid of any intricate details whatsoever.Its got nothing going on. Its just made of metal. Pretty boring figure actually.

If we don't get a plastic IP with all the fixin's this will be a major let down.

:goodpost:
They are saving all the BD parts for the more expensive die-cast Mark 42.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

18? When I got mine last night there were 130+. Thats crazy.

It looks like the outside of the figure is sculpted plastic, if thats true the paint wont chip off. I bet were looking at 40% die cast parts.

Down to 10 now!

Am I the only one who actually doesn't care about the extra battle damaged parts? XD

It looks like the outside of the figure is sculpted plastic, if thats true the paint wont chip off. I bet were looking at 40% die cast parts.
That would pretty much defeat the purpose of me wanting it. What good is a diecast figure, if the metal alloy is on the inside, & not outside. That would be so disappointing. I'd rather risk paint chipping than having it be made of plastic.

CSC has it for 289.99. Really tempted now, I just hate that they charge a cancellation fee.

Am I the only one who actually doesn't care about the extra battle damaged parts? XD

We don't even know if the IP gets any Battle Damage. I have not seen anything in trailers.

Might get some parts added after the movie is released :dunno

lack of accessories is turning me off, compared to the amount of accessories the VII has.

$289, $309, whatever, this price is high for me. May be the first IM figure I turn down. I hope HT makes a plastic version of this.

Sees price point of where the Ironman line is going

tumblr_lu4vxz52Y01qee7ixo1_250.gif

Welp its been a fun ride ole chaps. Officially done with Ironman after I score a MK III. At these price points collecting them is no longer fun.

I think BBTS' quota will sell out within the next 30 mins or so, but they most likely will have additional POs like they did for the Batpod after their initial quota sold out.

Being metal is no excuse not to add any extras, Masterpiece Optimus Prime was Die-cast and he had an opening chest, light up All spark, moving vents on his legs, articulated hands, moving hydraulics, working suspension, rubber tires And 3 extra weapons Plus it transformed. And it was only like $150 or something at the time.

Point is this is a boring figure. Theres nothing special about it except 'its metal'. If this was the exact same figure in plastic it would be total Meh.

And everyone saying 'well we haven't seen the movie maybe he doesn't have any extra stuff' Come on, this things made by the Military! you know hes gonna be loaded to the teeth. Hes probably got a grenade up his A$$. This is the NERF'D version of Patriot. I'll wait for the real one.

Being metal is no excuse not to add any extras, Masterpiece Optimus Prime was Die-cast and he had an opening chest, light up All spark, moving vents on his legs, articulated hands, moving hydraulics, working suspension, rubber tires And 3 extra weapons Plus it transformed. And it was only like $150 or something at the time.

Agreed, I may have to move back into collecting the Masterpiece line of Transformers instead of HT! :rotfl

considering the price Play Imaginative is selling their diecast Iron Man at, I'd say the HT Patriot is not too overpriced. And bar the hall of armor, they both come with the same amount of accessories - which is zilch. At least Patriot has Cheadle's HS.

2 left at BBTS. I am stunned this figure is actually selling out without anyone seeing in hand pics. I'm betting a **** ton of those get cancelled once reviews come in for how much metal is actually in this figure lol.

Preorder sold out on BBTS. I think that is becouse there is no deposit on BBTS.

damn, $225! now I'm tempted :panic:

Back