1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

This piece looks good.
I hope I can get one before they're sold out.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to diecast...could someone please tell me how much a HT diecast 'figure'(?) differs from a DX figure(such as Joker 2.0)? I get that it's made of metal...
but can you still pose it? Is it more fragile? Cheaper? Better detail?

Are they only doing diecast with Iron Man? Cause it kinda makes sense that he is made of metal. IF there was a portrait under the mask(like there is with the upcoming Whiplash), is THAT made of metal too?

Thanks.

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to diecast...could someone please tell me how much a HT diecast 'figure'(?) differs from a DX figure(such as Joker 2.0)? I get that it's made of metal...

Are they only doing diecast with Iron Man? Cause it kinda makes sense that he is made of metal. IF there was a portrait under the mask(like there is with the upcoming Whiplash), is THAT made of metal too?

Thanks.

All good questions, it is a new line so we all have the same questions.

i think its crazy that there are still a lot of people line up for this figure in hk since the day it was announce, when the new tony stark figure was announced the line last like 2days? or 1 maybe

The only thing I'm surprised about is how people jumped on this thing so quick without knowing what parts are actually metal. It looks like the head and arm is plastic while the chest area is metal and I'm guessing the joints. Pretty sad if this thing isn't even 80% metal.

Thanks.

DX = PERS, die-cut + foam packaging, accessories-laden and diorama and/or unique stand/base.

HT diecast = all we know is on the specs list.

It is an articulated figure so will be poseable. Grounded poses will likely be fine, but aerial poses... only if the stand is up to supporting it.

Fragility is an unknown. Diecast won't snap like plastic can, but can shear or chip. I think it's safe to say that diecast figures won't come without their own set of issues. Loose joints over time will likely be one.

Cheaper? No, but comparable MSRPs. Regular MMS and DX figures range from around $200-300.

Better detail? I'd say a similar level of detail, though depending on how the paint is applied, the paint thickness may cause some finer detail to be lost that likely would remain in a plastic figure.

We are only one or two rumours away from HT apparently updating their entire production line to diecast-only figures. But that's bollocks. If this line sells well, then other similarly-armoured figures might get the diecast treatment. But clothed figures, nope.

Some of the components, including the head sculpt, will not be made out of metal.

All of this is speculative. I'm just taking a guess.

For a lot of people, the fact that its die cast probably doesn't mean much anyway.

they want the latest 1/6 Iron man collectible.
It looks good on a shelf, which is where they sit 99% of the time.

Pre ordered one and used my points, so this will cost me about $75 when it comes out. Die Cast or not, I was buying it anyway.

Thanks.

I would doubt the unmasked face is made of metal

DX = PERS, die-cut + foam packaging, accessories-laden and diorama and/or unique stand/base.

HT diecast = all we know is on the specs list.

It is an articulated figure so will be poseable. Grounded poses will likely be fine, but aerial poses... only if the stand is up to supporting it.

Fragility is an unknown. Diecast won't snap like plastic can, but can shear or chip. I think it's safe to say that diecast figures won't come without their own set of issues. Loose joints over time will likely be one.

Cheaper? No, but comparable MSRPs. Regular MMS and DX figures range from around $200-300.

Better detail? I'd say a similar level of detail, though depending on how the paint is applied, the paint thickness may cause some finer detail to be lost that likely would remain in a plastic figure.

We are only one or two rumours away from HT apparently updating their entire production line to diecast-only figures. But that's bollocks. If this line sells well, then other similarly-armoured figures might get the diecast treatment. But clothed figures, nope.

Some of the components, including the head sculpt, will not be made out of metal.

All of this is speculative. I'm just taking a guess.

Solid guess. I say bring it on. It's worth a shot at least once and a nice way to close out my IM section.

Yum-yum bubble! :lecture

Koto Artfx is coming out with their own IP. Looks to be like a PPS kind of figure. If anyone can translate it would be great.

I seriously want this magazine. Seems to be so much more in it that we aren't seeing.

392696_443717089036163_95038090_n.jpg

483708_505647809497214_185081800_n.jpg

Is HT hiring some serious psychologists..
getting closer to POing this.. :lol oh well at least it's only a $2.50 NRD..

Koto Artfx is coming out with their own IP. Looks to be like a PPS kind of figure. If anyone can translate it would be great.

I seriously want this magazine. Seems to be so much more in it that we aren't seeing.

392696_443717089036163_95038090_n.jpg

That is a really terrible pose they chose.

Without color, that koto could be war machine

photo-4.jpg

Do they make full size figures and then make them 1/6? Seems like something you could do on a computer a lot easier.

i think that could be the behind the scene stuff from the movie, not hot toys

At this point, it's either you buy what they spit out or you don't. They have the market cornered and us by the b@lls. They can make a $500 gold plated Iron Man figure and you can bet people will line up for it.

Nothing is going to change until another company steps up and competes with them. We have no options and that's the problem here. We can't say "That sucks, lets see what (insert other company name here) will do."
All we can say is, it's either you get this figure or no Iron Man figure at all.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I'm really hoping I can make a clean break from collecting after my HT Avengers team is complete. However, every time I try to quit 1/6, something cool comes out and sucks me back in. :thud:

I know your pain. First this with Thor 2 and MOS on the horizen too. :thud:

Back