1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chest armor alone of the original IP model is too broad to accommodate
the articulation HT is going for.

Some sacrifices are really being made for the MMS :(

As for how paint on die cast will look like, we only need to look at the
promo pics HT has released.

The below message was posted on facebum, and if it's true then it sucks and crap it i will just buy ones i really want:

For those of you wondering how HT will go on with their Ironman line, according to none other than Mr. Howard Chan in an interview with a Japanese figure magazine by the name of "Figure-Oh" (not kidding!), HT is planning the MK42, another MK3(!) and the Whiplash Armored version ALL in this Diecast series and Mr. Chan said he believes that it will be the same for all other Ironman figs from now on.

He also added that there are NO present plans to release any Ironman figs in the previous plastic versions. In short, it was a big FU to most of us collectors who were THE ones that made what HT is today. Well, to be honest with how HT has recently (always?) been treating us fans, it's not surprising but still sad. My dear friends, it's time to raise your voice and be heard!

The below message was posted on facebum, and if it's true then it sucks and crap it i will just buy ones i really want:

For those of you wondering how HT will go on with their Ironman line, according to none other than Mr. Howard Chan in an interview with a Japanese figure magazine by the name of "Figure-Oh" (not kidding!), HT is planning the MK42, another MK3(!) and the Whiplash Armored version ALL in this Diecast series and Mr. Chan said he believes that it will be the same for all other Ironman figs from now on.

He also added that there are NO present plans to release any Ironman figs in the previous plastic versions. In short, it was a big FU to most of us collectors who were THE ones that made what HT is today. Well, to be honest with how HT has recently (always?) been treating us fans, it's not surprising but still sad. My dear friends, it's time to raise your voice and be heard!

While I admire you for taking a stand what are you really protesting bro? Being able to buy 4 IM armors a year instead of 3?! LOL Actually its more like 5 instead of 6 becuase who we kidding $50 x 3 in not even a plastic IM.

Whilst prices will continue to increase and i can adjust for that as i have since i bought my 1st hot toys fig when they 1st started. The main thing is i just didn't really want figures i want made out of metal
it's as simple as that.

Anyway if it will be this way from now on fine because at least it's only amroured figures and not all figures.

HT is planning the MK42, another MK3(!) and the Whiplash Armored version ALL in this Diecast series

That's funny because there were only 3 IM figures I would've wanted in die-cast and those were the MK III, MK 42 and Iron Patriot:clap Armored Whiplash is a plus. Can't wait.

I really hope the final product will resemble something like this:

396021_542735342403856_888964995_n.jpg

Where is that from?

That's funny because there were only 3 IM figures I would've wanted in die-cast and those were the MK III, MK 42 and Iron Patriot:clap Armored Whiplash is a plus. Can't wait.

Maybe i'm getting a bit OCD as i'm getting older but it will bug the **** out of me having a MKIV and War machine made out of plastic and other's partially Die cast.

I do hope the Diecast can hold a pose, doesn't chip or break easily and isn't too heavy so it falls over and scratches the glass in my Detolf's. Those are my only concerns now.

Last edited:
While I admire you for taking a stand what are you really protesting bro? Being able to buy 4 IM armors a year instead of 3?! LOL Actually its more like 5 instead of 6 becuase who we kidding $50 x 3 in not even a plastic IM.

:goodpost: You're actually right. I never thought of it that way. I guess my problem was POing a figure for that amount. Seems a bit hard to swallow. But good point nonetheless.

Maybe i'm getting a bit OCD as i'm getting older but it will bug the **** out of me having a MKIV and War machine made out of plastic and other's partially Die cast.

I do hope the Diecast can hold a pose, doesn't chip or break easily and isn't too heavy so it falls over and scratches the glass in my Detolf's. Those are my only concerns now.

That's understandable but my only other IM figure is MILK Machine and the upcoming MK VII so I have faith it wouldn't bother me too much.

I do agree with your second part. Luckily, I use boring "museum" poses so holding poses will be the least of my concerns and I've kept PF's inside detolfs before and they've held so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I think they can hold up to 15 lbs without any problems anyway. The chipping and breaking is the only thing on the back of my mind but I'll worry about it when I have this in-hand.

Well it is what it is. I have preordered Mark 7, and Iron Patriot. I will most likely get the Mark 42 and Iron Whiplash.

It will be a change to go from all plastic to a mix of plastic and diecast, but I am sure they will all look awesome either way.

What a slap to the face to collectors who have been with them since they started.

The only good news I see is that they do plan on making a Mark 3. Going to buy that 100% but still a shame to hear that they won't in fact make anymore plastic figures.

Guess we'll just have to buy this or never own a IP MMS figure.

This looks more & more badass the more I look at the pics. :gah:

Anyone found the cheapest place to PO this?

This looks more & more badass the more I look at the pics. :gah:

Anyone found the cheapest place to PO this?

Your best best is AlterEgo. $297 and you get their reward points.

Or you can pay about $5 more for SSC and get on the Flexpay.

Might have to skip out on this one. Going to be hard funding this, 42 and Mark 3 Diecast.

:yess::yess:

NOW PASSING ON EVERYTHING IRON MAN DIE-CAST UNTIL mk3 GOES UP FOR PO

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9PhfUsFvj0[/ame]

No, you are not skipping this one. You collect Iron Man. You have to have this. :nana:

No, you are not skipping this one. You collect Iron Man. You have to have this. :nana:
I'll be doing the same!

It'll be a good $900+ to get the Mark 3, 42, and IP in diecast at this rate.

Will wait until they actually tell us what part is metal and what is plastic. For all we know this can be 25% metal.

Back