1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

i think that could be the behind the scene stuff from the movie, not hot toys

that would make sense :slap

i was thinking the photos were from HT studios but i should have noticed the big IM3 display

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

483708_505647809497214_185081800_n.jpg

oh well at least it's only a $2.50 NRD..

Good point. I might actually pre-order this and wait out to see what happens. Not really liking the dimensions on this so far though, and I was hoping for a full Rhodey headsculpt. Also, I don't think you can even do a "salute" pose with this figure.

Oh well. It will be one Iron Man 3 figure down and just 15 more to go.... :thud:

For those asking about the new Hot Toys Diecast figures. Here is a comprehensive look at EVERYTHING that we know FOR SURE about them. Feel free to use this as reference material moving forward:

1. They are more expensive.

We are only one or two rumours away from HT apparently updating their entire production line to diecast-only figures. But that's bollocks. If this line sells well, then other similarly-armoured figures might get the diecast treatment. But clothed figures, nope.

All of this is speculative. I'm just taking a guess.

Thanks for your reply.
I certainly hope they don't do diecast only figures.
They'd probably lose a lot of business(mine, at least).

For those asking about the new Hot Toys Diecast figures. Here is a comprehensive look at EVERYTHING that we know FOR SURE about them. Feel free to use this as reference material moving forward:

1. They are more expensive.

:lol
Makes sense.

Here's hoping they'll fix the proportions on the actual figure.
1485608-14A3MWT.jpg

They do have the 3D print out based on Marvel's 3D data (pictured center) to refer back to (which looks fantastic and spot on in the Mark 42 pic above...duh) so I'm hoping they'll beef both Patriot and 42 up before release.

They said that with the Mark VII and look what happened. It has a giraffe neck and an undersized helmet.

are there any magazines like that it america?

His proportions looks very similar to the first Mark 3, too slim and a really skinny waist.

I thought so too. I was actually going to point out how the figure is posed in an angle in all shots. There's not one good picture of him standing dead straight. I actually think their trying to hide some proportion flaws.

Sticking my Po in for this at some point this week. I like how it looks and im sure in diecast the colours will pop even more. Also if they do a mark 42 diecast only then i will pick that up too and then leave the IM line be.

The only thing i would not pick up in diecast is iron whiplash, can you imagine the cost of that one :thud:

I thought so too. I was actually going to point out how the figure is posed in an angle in all shots. There's not one good picture of him standing dead straight. I actually think their trying to hide some proportion flaws.

Or y'know....pics don't do it justice:lol

Thank you Hot Toys for helping me kick this addiction! I haven't ordered anything in 4 months! well no thats a lie, I have ordered a few products, all enterbay though (scarface, batman and joker 1/4 scale, Will Smith MIB, soon to order Jordan...).

Hot toys have made me stop buying their figures because 1) they are too high priced for what they are (and this is coming from someone with decent disposible income) 2) nothing has been announced for pre-order that makes me give a damn, its just all more predator and iron man figures, I already have a few of those!

Lets get back to plastic highly detailed figure in the sub $200 range, stop with all the gimmics its just going to lose customers. Make some new figure lines. I understand you want to milk the cash cows, but those cows will soon dry up, then what?

not that I think anyone who works for hot toys actually reads these forums :cuckoo:

I really hope the final product will resemble something like this:

396021_542735342403856_888964995_n.jpg

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Patriot & new War Machine definitely doesn't have the bulk of the IM2 War Machine, but HT still made IP just a little too skinny.

Damn, that looks nice. I'm rather digging the matte paint job compared to the glossy look they all have.

Actually none of the on-screen suits look glossy to me...they do have that little shine, but always seems more matte than glossy (unlike the HT figures).

Here's hoping the use of diecast materials allows HT to apply paint work that more closely resembles the matte/flat paint job on the on-screen IM suits.

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Back