1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

Iron Man vs My Little Pony

My Little Pony destroys Iron Mans pansy ***!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

At this point, it's either you buy what they spit out or you don't. They have the market cornered and us by the b@lls. They can make a $500 gold plated Iron Man figure and you can bet people will line up for it.

Nothing is going to change until another company steps up and competes with them. We have no options and that's the problem here. We can't say "That sucks, lets see what (insert other company name here) will do."
All we can say is, it's either you get this figure or no Iron Man figure at all.

of course all this is implying you NEED these figures like you cannot live without them or somehow suffer. at the end of the day it was ALWAYS a buy it or don't buy it decision regardless of company or competition

F.U Hot Toys.
The release of this Diecast series is the Deathknell to this hobby as we know it.

As much as I don't like where HT seems to be going with price and materials, I think this pic of a line in Hong Kong to PO Iron Patriot Diecast shows HT isn't worried @ any loss of fan base or that change might kill the hobby.

733972_442693702471835_300361907_n.jpg

F.U Hot Toys.
The release of this Diecast series is the Deathknell to this hobby as we know it.

I think the price increase is a bigger problem, this is the cheap one.

Of course, for as much as some of the older HT figures go for on eBay i could be wrong :dunno

of course all this is implying you NEED these figures like you cannot live without them or somehow suffer. at the end of the day it was ALWAYS a buy it or don't buy it decision regardless of company or competition

Going to have to disagree on that. Lets say there's another company making 1/6 Iron Man figure. Right now I can say "Booo Hot Toys, let's see what (Company Name) is going to make.)

And then suddenly that company makes a plastic MMS IP. You can bet my @ss will be going to that company to scratch my IP itch but we don't have that luxury because HT is the only company.

Of course we don't HAVE to, that's not the point. At the end of the day I want a IP figure but I can't have a decent one without paying $310 for it.

As much as I don't like where HT seems to be going with price and materials, I think this pic of a line in Hong Kong to PO Iron Patriot Diecast shows HT isn't worried @ any loss of fan base or that change might kill the hobby.

733972_442693702471835_300361907_n.jpg

Hell .. they are no worried one bit. For every one fan that is disappointed in the diecast move, there are 5 that still want it. Me included. Also the damn thing sold out already for preorders on BBTS, in like 2 days.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Cheaper LATER?!? :rotfl:rotfl

THIS is the cheapest you will see an Iron Patriot or a Die Cast figure at all. For several reasons: 1) Even IF they make a plastic version it won't be until this is released so that HT won't canabalize it's own sales. That means at LEAST 5 months. If the Mark VII (the last plastic MMS) was $250 when it was put up for preorder on July 30th of last year and HT periodically increases prices about %20 every six months how much would a new MMS Iron Patriot cost if announced 15 months after? Probably around $300. 2) This is an entry level price for the Die Cast line. It's purposely less than many expected (considering other Die Cast Iron Men are quoted in the $420 range) in order to hook new customers. I promise the Next die cast will be more. 4 months from now you could see them at $350.

Again, think it through people. PIPE DREAMS.

:exactly:

Even if they announce a plastic one next week it won't be much cheaper than this.

At this point, it's either you buy what they spit out or you don't. They have the market cornered and us by the b@lls. They can make a $500 gold plated Iron Man figure and you can bet people will line up for it.

Nothing is going to change until another company steps up and competes with them. We have no options and that's the problem here. We can't say "That sucks, lets see what (insert other company name here) will do."
All we can say is, it's either you get this figure or no Iron Man figure at all.

Going to have to disagree on that. Lets say there's another company making 1/6 Iron Man figure. Right now I can say "Booo Hot Toys, let's see what (Company Name) is going to make.)

And then suddenly that company makes a plastic MMS IP. You can bet my @ss will be going to that company to scratch my IP itch but we don't have that luxury because HT is the only company.

Of course we don't HAVE to, that's not the point. At the end of the day I want a IP figure but I can't have a decent one without paying $310 for it.

Actually there's a bunch of companies doing Movie Iron Man figures now, check this section fir threads.

I agree that HT's is not going to be concerned at all. This board makes up a small number of collectors. There are tons of asian collectors that we don't know about. We can debate this issue, but at the end of the day, it will come down to buy it or don't. Don't hold your breath for a plastic IP anytime soon. I personally want a IP and since there are no other viable options at this time for a high quality IP, I will order this one.

I agree that HT's is not going to be concerned at all. This board makes up a small number of collectors. There are tons of asian collectors that we don't know about. We can debate this issue, but at the end of the day, it will come down to buy it or don't. Don't hold your breath for a plastic IP anytime soon. I personally want a IP and since there are no other viable options at this time for a high quality IP, I will order this one.

I just pre ordered it, it will be easier to deside if the diecast figures are worth it once I have it

Even if they announce a plastic one next week it won't be much cheaper than this.
Actually there's a bunch of companies doing Movie Iron Man figures now, check this section fir threads.
What other company is making 1/6 Scale Iron Man figures that don't have the quality of a $10 Hasbro toy?

I'm going to wait for the Mark 42 Diecast before placing an order for this one. If it also comes out nice, I'll just have to buy both of them on Flex. :gah:

We can debate this issue, but at the end of the day, it will come down to buy it or don't. Don't hold your breath for a plastic IP anytime soon.

:goodpost:

The anger & indignation over this being Die-Cast and demand for a plastic one has gone on enough.

There is a HT 1/6 articulated figure of this character right here for people to buy if they want to.

That's an option that Prometheus, X-Men First Class, Batman Arkham City, Smooth Criminal & other customers don't have.

Buy it or don't. You have the choice, it's harldy a big injustice.

I'm gonna wait for in-hand impressions as i'm not setting aside $300 of my money until i KNOW it's not a QC ridden mess of a first-attempt of this material.

What other company is making 1/6 Scale Iron Man figures that don't have the quality of a $10 Hasbro toy?

I don't know the names of them offhand but there in this section.

Last edited:

I'm really hoping I can make a clean break from collecting after my HT Avengers team is complete. However, every time I try to quit 1/6, something cool comes out and sucks me back in. :thud:

I don't understand how die cast is making the price of this figure jump up so much. Hot Wheels are made out of die cast metal and still cost a dollar. Are you telling me that they are using $300 worth of Hot Wheels die cast metal on one figure? Oh noes! Shouldn't using die cast be cheaper than using plastic since we are constantly being told now expensive plastic is now a days with he rising cost of oil.
You know, thinking more about it, I have to agree with this.

I've always assumed that the high price of Hot Toys figures stems from the artistry involved (paying top talent to sculpt these things for weeks or months per figure), the sheer number of parts, the tremendous time it must take to paint and assemble each individual figure, and of course the price of the likeness and license itself. In comparison, the materials used likely don't even account for 5% of Hot Toys actual costs per figure - so why a 50% pricehike ($200 to $300) for diecast?

And don't kid yourselves - this figure isn't "only" $60 more than the Mark VII - considering the Mark VII includes what has to be at least $50 worth of additional accessories and features. Either the die-cast figures should still include as many features and accessories for this $309 price, or the price for a barebones diecast release like this should have been $225, tops.

You know, thinking more about it, I have to agree with this.

I've always assumed that the high price of Hot Toys figures stems from the artistry involved (paying top talent to sculpt these things for weeks or months per figure), the sheer number of parts, the tremendous time it must take to paint and assemble each individual figure, and of course the price of the likeness and license itself. In comparison, the materials used likely don't even account for 5% of Hot Toys actual costs per figure - so why a 50% pricehike ($200 to $300) for diecast?

And don't kid yourselves - this figure isn't "only" $60 more than the Mark VII - considering the Mark VII includes what has to be at least $50 worth of additional accessories and features. Either the die-cast figures should still include as many features and accessories for this $309 price, or the price for a barebones diecast release like this should have been $225, tops.
It is. It's being sold for $230 shipped in other parts of the world.

I don't understand why we have to pay $310 when other places get it for $80 less.

IMO, a smart business owner tries to make the most money. So if I were running Hot Toys, i'd be looking at the # of pieces sold and increase prices and monitor the # of pieces sold.

The recent popularity of super heroes, mainly due to all of the movies being made, has no doubt brought in a LOT of new collectors. I'd love to see how many Iron Man Mark VIIs they sold for $250, versus the earlier suits that sold for $150 or so.

They're not in business to make us happy. More than likely, for every long term collector that says "screw you, I'm out", there are ten more new collectors saying "sign me up for a $300 diecast Iron Patriot".

It is. It's being sold for $230 shipped in other parts of the world.

I don't understand why we have to pay $310 when other places get it for $80 less.
What's the Mark VII cost in other parts of the world?

IMO, a smart business owner tries to make the most money. So if I were running Hot Toys, i'd be looking at the # of pieces sold and increase prices and monitor the # of pieces sold.

The recent popularity of super heroes, mainly due to all of the movies being made, has no doubt brought in a LOT of new collectors. I'd love to see how many Iron Man Mark VIIs they sold for $250, versus the earlier suits that sold for $150 or so.

They're not in business to make us happy. More than likely, for every long term collector that says "screw you, I'm out", there are ten more new collectors saying "sign me up for a $300 diecast Iron Patriot".

:clap:clap

Very well put. And every minute that passes, I inch closer to ordering this. Being the FIRST diecast MMS, I would bet it would easily hold its value for me to sell if they ended up making a plastic version.

Why anyone likes IM is beyond me. He sucks *****!

Don't be a wise *** number one and number two, you obviously dont have a clue how much the IM franchise accounts for HT's revenue ;)

Back