1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't really like the color scheme on this at first, however it is growing on me. The prices are out of control, but the diecast aspect could make up for it if only it was a significant amount. I doubt the body is diecast,but a lot of the armor probably is. I expect the silver parts to be clear coated metal.

The below message was posted on facebum, and if it's true then it sucks and crap it i will just buy ones i really want:

For those of you wondering how HT will go on with their Ironman line, according to none other than Mr. Howard Chan in an interview with a Japanese figure magazine by the name of "Figure-Oh" (not kidding!), HT is planning the MK42, another MK3(!) and the Whiplash Armored version ALL in this Diecast series and Mr. Chan said he believes that it will be the same for all other Ironman figs from now on.

He also added that there are NO present plans to release any Ironman figs in the previous plastic versions. In short, it was a big FU to most of us collectors who were THE ones that made what HT is today. Well, to be honest with how HT has recently (always?) been treating us fans, it's not surprising but still sad. My dear friends, it's time to raise your voice and be heard!

Who's Facebook page was this quote on?

I thought so too. I was actually going to point out how the figure is posed in an angle in all shots. There's not one good picture of him standing dead straight. I actually think their trying to hide some proportion flaws.

at the end of the day it's the awkwardly small head and gangly anorexic ken doll proportion that keeps me away from this figure, not whether it's diecast or plastic or even the absurd price tag

I don't know what you've been collecting, but the proportions on these things have never been 100%. Nor can they ever really be unless you take away the articulation. I think the shoulders are forced out slightly more to avoid chipping, which in turn might be giving the illusion that the waist is too narrow. I think they keep improving with each armor set they do. :dunno

I am not thrilled with the way the pricing has increased so quickly on all HT. However, Mark VII was $250. And that went on PO 8 months ago. If nothing had changed, IP and other Armors would have probably been close to or @ $300 anyway.

The only way I would be bothered by HT decision to go diecast with Iron Man Armors would be IF after saying they were only making those characters in diecast, they decided to make plastic versions also. I'm also not going to pretend that these collectible suddenly suck or that HT wronged me by changing the material they used.

Their communication sucks! Even though they should, I don't expect them to improve in that area.

And with that said, when I officially find that the HT ISN'T MAKING PLASTIC ARMORS ANYMORE statement is true, I will PO this and probably all others. I'm not going crap all over HT or collectors who choose to spend their money with HT. As someone said earlier in this thread, THESE ARE HIGH END COLLECTIBLES AND IT SHOULDN'T BE EXPECTED THAT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD THEM.

If this IS the Iron Patriot MMS, thats fine. They may be 10 times better than the plastic MMS Armors.

:exactly: very clear minded and objective post.

How about the aftermarket driving up HT prices? The people on evilBay that are willing to pay anywhere from 25% to 100%+ markups are not going to escape the drooling glaze of Howard and the folks at HT.

I believe his wife will have something to say about that.. :lecture

:lol

:clap:clap:clap Good one!

BTW, I pulled this off the interweb

Die casting vs. plastic molding - Die casting produces stronger parts with closer tolerances that have greater stability and durability. Die cast parts have greater resistance to temperature extremes and superior electrical properties.

Last edited:
:clap:clap:clap Good one!

BTW, I pulled this off the interweb

Die casting vs. plastic molding - Die casting produces stronger parts with closer tolerances that have greater stability and durability. Die cast parts have greater resistance to temperature extremes and superior electrical properties.

Are people planning to put their iron patriot in an oven??? :cuckoo:

and I don't wanna get electrocuted while handling a toy

For a completist, it seems we have no choice here but to buy it now or risk higher price later. IRON whiplash price is what worrying me now.

For a completist, it seems we have no choice here but to buy it now or risk higher price later. IRON whiplash price is what worrying me now.
I'm betting a good $410 for it. It seems to be the same with this figure where it won't come with anything besides the figure itself but since it's bigger I'm pretty sure they're raise the price up a nice margin like the Iron Monger.

I'm betting a good $410 for it. It seems to be the same with this figure where it won't come with anything besides the figure itself but since it's bigger I'm pretty sure they're raise the price up a nice margin like the Iron Monger.

Not to mention the whips, light up chest, and a extra head for unmasked ivan.
It sounds cool though i might try to get it since i don't have a whiplash.

Didnt they say they are currently developing 15 armours though so this, mark 42 are from iron man 3 even if they are die cast what bout the other 13?

Back