1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt they say they are currently developing 15 armours though so this, mark 42 are from iron man 3 even if they are die cast what bout the other 13?
PPS. The line was designed to push out the different suits featured in the movie. I'm guessing we'll see 3-5 max in MMS form and the rest will be pushed out in PPS form over time.

So IF the MK III metal version is coming Im and both excited and afraid. For those who have them whats the ab/chest articulation like? Do they rub against each other when posing? After researching diecast toy repairs Im convinced that chipping is inevitable and will be a PITA to fix. We will all have to disassemble the figure,completely strip the paint(sometimes includes dissolving in solutions,where if left too long will ruin the metal and your SOL, and then paint it up with the exact paint colors(hard) to make it look new again. Basically its alot of work. And chipping paint on one of these figures will look gross. Example below of what chipping/scrapes ect would look like on these. Maybe thats why HT has been putting all those little scrapes and **** on the plastic versions,to prepare us for the metal real deal.:horror

DSC02285.JPG

So IF the MK III metal version is coming Im and both excited and afraid. For those who have them whats the ab/chest articulation like? Do they rub against each other when posing? After researching diecast toy repairs Im convinced that chipping is inevitable and will be a PITA to fix. We will all have to disassemble the figure,completely strip the paint(sometimes includes dissolving in solutions,where if left too long will ruin the metal and your SOL, and then paint it up with the exact paint colors(hard) to make it look new again. Basically its alot of work. And chipping paint on one of these figures will look gross. Example below of what chipping/scrapes ect would look like on these. Maybe thats why HT has been putting all those little scrapes and **** on the plastic versions,to prepare us for the metal real deal.:horror

DSC02285.JPG

why are the torso and legs different shades of red?

How lucky for collectors who just started collecting Iron Man recently. All the past Iron Mans will probably made again in diecast so they can probably get all those ones they missed too.

Metal:
MKI
MKII
MKII Armor Unleashed
MKIII/Ex
MKIII Battle Damaged
MKIII Special Version
MKIV/Ex
MKIV Battle Damaged
MKIV Secret Project
MKV
MKVI/Ex
MKVI Battle Damaged
MKVII/Ex
War Machine

@$300+ a piece...Do the math.
Frankly Im not excited about this:explode:

Well as much the new price will suck i missed out on WM, MK6, MK4, MK3, and the MK1.
So to have them at all is good for me but man all that money.
I dont see why the need to make them metal though, that cost them more money to make which in turn they balance out by charging us more.
It makes more sense to just charge the 250ish they've been doing that way they get bought for sure and they dont lose any money. :dunno
On the plus side guys at 300+ each+SSC rewards=Not so bad. :banana

A 5% bonus per figure is kinda clutching at straws when those figures can be had from elsewhere for 90% of Sideshow's pricing or better...

True. I save most of my SSC purchases for exclusives if I can help it. When you think about it, it's not worth cashing in on points until you can get an item completely free (outside shipping lol). You can't earn em on the same purchase you spend em.

what an exciting time to be a hot toys iron man fan. i'm not sure yet if i'll be buying into this diecast thing or not, but these hype and energy is quite enjoyable. :)

It's the international shipping price that wins my orders at SSC. Pretty much cancels all the discounts given at other places. Plus they seem to get it quicker, ship it promptly, & they are good at helping out with any order problems.

Metal:
MKI
MKII
MKII Armor Unleashed
MKIII/Ex
MKIII Battle Damaged
MKIII Special Version
MKIV/Ex
MKIV Battle Damaged
MKIV Secret Project
MKV
MKVI/Ex
MKVI Battle Damaged
MKVII/Ex
War Machine

@$300+ a piece...Do the math.
Frankly Im not excited about this:explode:

The funny thing is, the new figures aren't entirely diecast either. So completionists will be paying for the same figures they own, with new metal pieces. Theres no way Hot Toys is going to make that many new molds.

It's the international shipping price that wins my orders at SSC. Pretty much cancels all the discounts given at other places. Plus they seem to get it quicker, ship it promptly, & they are good at helping out with any order problems.

:exactly: shipping from SS has always been cheaper than anyplace else. The shipping charges to Alaska takes away any discounts from other venders.

Also there customer service dept rocks. I have canceled 3 orders over the last month and they have returned my NRD on each one.
I canceled a statue today and they let me transfer my NRD to another figure.
When I've had a QC issue with a figure, it's been very quickly fixed. I have no complaints about SSC.

Back