1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40% diecast? Not impressed, although, not overly surprised either. The 'Play Imaginative' MkVII is supposedly at least 88% diecast, which seems more impressive. But the plastic to diecast ratio on the Iron Patriot might make for a better figure, so what do I know.

I remember seeing somewhere on this forum that the Mark IV & VI weighed about 450g or so, so if the IP really weighs 3x of my Mark VI, I'll be very pleased!

Only 40% die cast. So why the big price if it's less than half a new material. Compared to what comes with the MKVII and ratio of die cast to plastic this should cost a max of $230

It's because most fans can afford it. :lol Those inflated eBay prices really showed
HT their potential gains.

I really doubt the cost had everything to do with the high price tag.

What i wanna know is why they are not giving us a new don cheadel hs?
It looks the same as the old WM don hs, why does the mk7 get a new one hs but this doesn't?

How lazy of them. 40%?

The Play Ima version is $350, converted to USD of course, for a Mark VII in 80% metal and a HoA that also is part metal.

I was right being worried that the armor is hardly made of metal and it being mostly the joints that's metal. I don't see why they didn't go out of their way to make more of the armor itself metal.

What's the point of making the joints better when the armor parts won't be that heavy to begin with?

Seems that they didn't want to disappoint the fans who love plastic

How lazy of them. 40%?

The Play Ima version is $350, converted to USD of course, for a Mark VII in 80% metal and a HoA that also is part metal.

I was right being worried that the armor is hardly made of metal and it being mostly the joints that's metal. I don't see why they didn't go out of their way to make more of the armor itself metal.

What's the point of making the joints better when the armor parts won't be that heavy to begin with?

did they really say the joints are the only parts made out of metal? this was taken from a fb page and i use the google translate

"The metal part of the big accounting for about 40% of the entire Figure generous, weighing nearly 1.5kg called weight scale in recent years, most generous 1/6 Action Figure. On the other hand, in the past often dumped Color generous briefs bit, PVC changed to ABS materials Do not be afraid again placed resistance becomes pink bottom cross"

did they really say the joints are the only parts made out of metal? this was taken from a fb page and i use the google translate

"The metal part of the big accounting for about 40% of the entire Figure generous, weighing nearly 1.5kg called weight scale in recent years, most generous 1/6 Action Figure. On the other hand, in the past often dumped Color generous briefs bit, PVC changed to ABS materials Do not be afraid again placed resistance becomes pink bottom cross"
Gotta love google translate, "generous 1/6 Action Figure" :rotfl

A member said they redesigned it and it looks like the arm and chest armor is plastic judging by the picture. I'm assuming they'll make certain joints metal corresponding to the armor parts that are metal, which isn't much seeing as it's not even half of the figure.

Makes you wonder which part is actually metal considering you have the:
Head, Chest, Right leg, Left leg, Right Arm and Left Arm.

So 40% of that is metal, unless of course, the joints are indeed made out of some metal to help hold up certain parts for better articulation.

Gotta love google translate, "generous 1/6 Action Figure" :rotfl

A member said they redesigned it and it looks like the arm and chest armor is plastic judging by the picture. I'm assuming they'll make certain joints metal corresponding to the armor parts that are metal, which isn't much seeing as it's not even half of the figure.

Makes you wonder which part is actually metal considering you have the:
Head, Chest, Right leg, Left leg, Right Arm and Left Arm.

So 40% of that is metal, unless of course, the joints are indeed made out of some metal to help hold up certain parts for better articulation.

:lol yeah that was funny though, and i hope the use of ABS plastic helps prevent color fading :pray:

This Diecast series is just another gimmick to justify another ridiculous price point for their products.

That's all. Percentages and all the diesecting of how they did what they did for what purpose is just pointless fodder. I'm glad I'm off the HT grid.

So if the Mark VII is $250, and this new figure is only 40% diecast, and 60% plastic, then the plastic part of this new figure costs $150 at previous plastic prices. So for the metal 40% you're paying an extra $159 bucks! Over half the cost, for 40% of the figure lol.

hmm... only 40% diecast....

Plastic "underbody" and skeleton with metal joints... and metal armor?

you know.... that allmost makes me wanna buy this.

I like mixed plastic and metal. That's fine with me as long as there's some metal there. I'm still glad to get this my first purchase from this line.

Back