1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When IM3 comes out on DVD/Bluray, it might very well be an extended edit which includes scenes with the WM Mark II. Even though it wasn't seen in the theatrical release, it WAS alluded to by Joan Rivers (yuk) when she said, "Same armor, new paintjob."

We might also get a couple of extended scenes with the Snapper, Igor, etc...

I guess if there's one company that would feel aggrieved by the movie plot, it'll be Lego....the final battle with Mandarin playset is just all wrong

Anyone else found it funny that rhodes was wearing polo shirt inside IP while conducting a military operation? :lol either the army has VERY relaxed dress code or due to budget cuts was forced to accept sponsorship money from Fred Perry

I guess if there's one company that would feel aggrieved by the movie plot, it'll be Lego....the final battle with Mandarin playset is just all wrong

:rotfl. I forgot about that! That's weird that they made that...more Manderin misdirection?

:rotfl. I forgot about that! That's weird that they made that...more Manderin misdirection?

Maybe Lego forgot to read the fine print in Marvel's script that said, "NOTE: THIS IS A SCENE HAPPENING ONLY IN TREVOR SLATTERY's IMAGINATION."

But damn i wished that the battle scene of the playset had actually occurred...would've been nice to see Heartbreaker's combat capabilities...

Buy"The art of Iron Man 3",see what those final battle scenes could have been,how creative,how fantastic,how plain damn funny(if a little gory)....

And weep.....

Buy"The art of Iron Man 3",see what those final battle scenes could have been,how creative,how fantastic,how plain damn funny(if a little gory)....

And weep.....

Yea i have one on PO, just to browse through and keep permanent records of the designs of the armors :D

As for wether something is in the movie or not or for how long is irrelevant. If it looks good, youre a completest or you're a fan, you'll buy it regardless.

Partially true, but price is also a factor. I'd bet my left arm they would sell the heck out of the secondary suits if they were "old pricing" around $150-$200.

But for $250-$300? And the fact that IP never even was in a battle, and WM2.0 wasn't even in the movie at all?

I just have to think that affects sales. Of course there are people who will buy Heartbreaker because it looks awesome. But how many more would buy it if that suit was in the movie for 3 minutes instead of 10 seconds?

And I know that in the past they haven't released figures with the movie's release date. But, they had already released several figures, and had shown "coming soon" on Heartbreaker and Igor. We've heard nothing since.

I just would have thought that with multiple figures coming out weeks before the movie, and HT making such a big deal about the movie, that they would have released at least ONE? figure with the movie.

Only time will tell.

Partially true, but price is also a factor. I'd bet my left arm they would sell the heck out of the secondary suits if they were "old pricing" around $150-$200.

But for $250-$300? And the fact that IP never even was in a battle, and WM2.0 wasn't even in the movie at all?

I just have to think that affects sales. Of course there are people who will buy Heartbreaker because it looks awesome. But how many more would buy it if that suit was in the movie for 3 minutes instead of 10 seconds?

I agree with you on the secondary armors. Even with only a few seconds of screen time, Red Snapper is a cool enough design that I might be inclined to get it at $195 to maybe $210, but for $255 its not even an option to me.
But i disagree with you on Iron Patriot. Even if it wasn't used for the final battle, it did appear for a decent portion of the film. I would even go so far as to say there is more footage of Iron Patriot in IM3 than there was of War Machine in IM2. For me the Mark XLII and Iron Patriot are THE armors to get from the movie, all the other ones are more for completionists or for people who want something different in their Iron man display or just really like a particular suit. That being said, I would be a lot happier if they were closer to the $250 mark and plastic than partially diecast and $300 +.

He does fire the chest RT in the final battle... But if you blinked you wouldn't notice it. I didn't till I saw the movie again.

I meant a really big one like what was shown in a storyboard posted here earlier. :monkey2

~~~~

A friend of mine just came from a trip to HK.
He said these new die-cast figures were close to SOC figures. :clap

945291_525907827469588_1827398740_n.jpg

Yeah, what are SOC figures? I see a clapping smiley, so I'm guessing it's a good thing?

Back