1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TH was a much better, believable Rhodes than DC.
oub0k4.gif

li92p.jpg

Not knowing if this has already been discussed in here, without scrolling through 100+ pages. Is the Iron Patriot going to be released in non diecast?

Considering they did a Mk 42 in PPS and diecast, I wonder if they will do a PPS of IP? Definitely don't see them doing an MMS non-diecast, but maybe? a PPS?

Reception of the movie has probably made HT rethink their plans.

In what way? The movie has been wildly popular, and Hot Toys has had a boatload of items they've already put up for order for it. I don't know that they could put out much more much faster than they already are?

There are things they've only teased that aren't even up for order! I think they actually did a lot more before the movie came out, so the "silence" isn't that weird, to me.

IM 3 has already grossed over $750M in the 2-3 weeks it's been released...been very popular imo. Though I'm disappointed with the screen time that the suits are given, I still can't wait for the HT Heartbreaker!

My point is that they were chugging right along, providing lots of photos, figures going up for preorder and then we've had nothing since right about the time that the movie actually came out? I just would have thought that with all of the hype leading up to the release, that they would have at least released 1-2 new figures along with the movie?

So I would say at this point that either:

1. They are moving ahead as planned, nothing has changed.

2. They have changed plans and are narrowing down the # of pieces they actually make, based on the movie.

Sure the movie is hugely popular and a big money maker, but there are plenty of collectors who aren't interested in spending $300 on a suit because it was in the movie for 5 seconds.

I'd be really, really curious to see the sales numbers on all of the items already up for preorder. I wonder how the WM 2.0 is doing, since it wasn't even in the movie at all, and how the Red Snapper is selling since it was in the movie for 5 seconds, but is a sweet looking piece.

In what way? The movie has been wildly popular, and Hot Toys has had a boatload of items they've already put up for order for it. I don't know that they could put out much more much faster than they already are?

I was thinking along these lines:

2. They have changed plans and are narrowing down the # of pieces they actually make, based on the movie.

Sure the movie is hugely popular and a big money maker, but there are plenty of collectors who aren't interested in spending $300 on a suit because it was in the movie for 5 seconds.

I'd be really, really curious to see the sales numbers on all of the items already up for preorder. I wonder how the WM 2.0 is doing, since it wasn't even in the movie at all, and how the Red Snapper is selling since it was in the movie for 5 seconds, but is a sweet looking piece.

How the movie turned out has changed a lot of people's minds about this suits.
Some posts here in this forum alone show that.
What more about less crazy people who'll find it hard to spend $300 on an action figure. :lol

Hot Toys historically, have never released figures at the time of a films release, so I think some of you are reading too much into things?
As for wether something is in the movie or not or for how long is irrelevant. If it looks good, youre a completest or you're a fan, you'll buy it regardless.

I'm not a completionist or a super fanboy i just want to get any cool looking suit from IM3 i can.
I missed out on IM 1&2 and wont miss out on IM3, there one suit for sure i won't buy though, War Machine mk2.
It's the exact same IP suit repainted wtf! I mean since it's made up and not in the movie you think they could been creative
and done some new war machine design just for fans. :dunno

It's the exact same IP suit repainted wtf! I mean since it's made up and not in the movie you think they could been creative
and done some new war machine design just for fans. :dunno
It's not "made up," it's the star of the prequel comic and it has it's own section of concept art in the art book. Probably cut from the movie at some point, but that doesn't make it any less valid of a recolor than Milk War Machine, Mark IV Secret Project or Mark III Gunmetal Grey.

It's not "made up," it's the star of the prequel comic and it has it's own section of concept art in the art book. Probably cut from the movie at some point, but that doesn't make it any less valid of a recolor than Milk War Machine, Mark IV Secret Project or Mark III Gunmetal Grey.

It's not just that its a repaint, it's the fact they try to pass it off as a new figure when it's identical to the IP aside from it's color.

I too get the feeling HT was under the impression that the multiple suits were going to be utilized more and have since shifted gears because of the final release of the movie. Even the cheap toy figures gave the impression that there was going to be more use of them. After following all the release leading up to the movie, I was let down not seeing more screen time.

Back