1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll end up getting this at some point, but after looking at those pictures a page or two back, I feel like the best display option is the vest/hat/scarf just because it takes away some of the attention towards the unavoidable head seam and some of the red parts of the suit. I'll play the waiting game for now, I don't want to justify spending over 200 just to have him wearing accessories from a 10 second scene though.

I have ex on po but will wait to cancel. If production looks as bad then it is an easy cancel. In the small hope it looks better in production then at least have my ex reserved. Whatayado...

I have ex on po but will wait to cancel. If production looks as bad then it is an easy cancel. In the small hope it looks better in production then at least have my ex reserved. Whatayado...

I missed out on the EX preorder, I had considered waitlisting it but I'd rather wait and then be able to split it out via flexpay if I end up liking it, I'm fine without the exclusives.

The oldest and most frequently stated words here that actually looks past the possibility that not all of the critiques are just talking ****. Some of them are expressing their frustration because the fact is, THEY'D LOVE TO HAVE THE FIGURE, THEY JUST DON'T LIKE HOW IT'S EXECUTED.

"Don't Like It, Don't Buy It" is up there with the most condescending statements including "People say things so as not to feel bad for not buying/not being able to afford the figure/s". Let people moan. It's $200+ they're asking from us, not $10. It's only right to ask for improvements.

:exactly: :goodpost:

But if they dare to do Gwen, I'll be forced to buy this ugly thing to go with her... :slap :lol

Haven't seen this one posted. Sorry if it has been already.

picture share

I don't know if I don't like the figure or the character design... the old spiderman was so much better

I was thinking about preordering this but I have some questions about the whole process that I'd like somebody to help me with.
#1. It doesn't get charged to your card until it ships, correct? What if I use the PayPal method?
#2. Is it better to wait until it's been out for a while to avoid any issue with it? i.e. TASM's shoulder issues.
#3. Is the exclusive really worth it? I've heard it's just the plutonium canister and a piece of cardboard that goes over the display stand.
Please don't tell me how bad the figure is and not buy it. I've read through a lot of this thread and seen almost every complaint.

I was thinking about preordering this but I have some questions about the whole process that I'd like somebody to help me with.
#1. It doesn't get charged to your card until it ships, correct? What if I use the PayPal method?
#2. Is it better to wait until it's been out for a while to avoid any issue with it? i.e. TASM's shoulder issues.
#3. Is the exclusive really worth it? I've heard it's just the plutonium canister and a piece of cardboard that goes over the display stand.
Please don't tell me how bad the figure is and not buy it. I've read through a lot of this thread and seen almost every complaint.
Your card is not charged until it hits the warehouse and if you use Paypal you have to pay the full amount upfront. You could wait until It comes out. I'm guessing it'll be around for a while like the TASM 1 version but if you want to have it right as it is released than I say order it but if you can be patient than wait until pictures and reviews start to pop up. EX and Regular are basically the same but the 2 extra accessories are pretty neat. So to some it's worth it and others it really isn't if you don't care to have the extra little accessories than get the Regular but if you do get on waitlist for the EX. To tell you the truth I really like how this looks so far and I bet Hot Toys will fix any issues with it so we get a good product in hands. Just my opinion we each have one. It's all up to what you want.

1.) If you use PayPal it will charge right away, otherwise they will send an email 2 weeks before they plan to charge you and ship it.
2.) Depends. You could run the risk of it selling out but ultimately up to
3.) Again this is up to you and your preferences. If you don't care about the extras then it's not worth it! For me, it's extra stuff for free so I got the exclusive
Hope this helps!

I don't get why the head joint is so pronounced when the neck has a base/cutoff
The first asm doesn't have a exposed head joint because its under a mask, the exposed joint is at the base of the neck where you pull the head off

Seems like ht could have made the suit one piece all the way up to the head ball socket

Why couldn't they make this figure like Raimi's HT Spider-Man 3?? for the price of this,I don't want to hear they couldn't do it and decided to cheap out using Vinyl

Thank you ApeManRyan and DarkAngel! You both were very helpful. I'm not a fan of putting my credit card info online but I think I may waitlist for the exclusive version of this figure since it's the same price and people seem to be cancelling it. Hopefully I get one!

How do you know when you've been taken off the waitlist and have secured the figure? Email?

Back