1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's my problem. Getting it shipped from the US to the EU is going to cost way too much (about $100 more), so even with coupons and whatnot it's not going to be feasible for me. I have to get it from a local (well, it's in another country but shippingwise it's "local") dealer instead of from Sideshow.

Oh, sorry. Didnt realize you're in Europe.
I feel bad for you guys, cause this hobby is already expensive enough. Cant imagine paying all those extra import fees on top of it.

I know, I'd probably go back to the old days of hunting figures at toys r' us. he he.

You know, it's funny you said that. My nerd buddy and I got all excited the other day after hitting a bar and decided that we were going to make a TRU run. After getting there we realized... Hot toys has destroyed any store bought toy line.

Except for Legos...

I honestly don't think I'd be able to collect

It is more expensive, but it's not THAT bad. For the AOU Cap, if' I'd manage to make up my mind in time, it would have been around $40-60 more depending on shipping costs in the US. So yeah, it's about a figure's worth for every 4 we get or something...

Which is why I should probably be happy with just my Stealth two-pack...

You know, it's funny you said that. My nerd buddy and I got all excited the other day after hitting a bar and decided that we were going to make a TRU run. After getting there we realized... Hot toys has destroyed any store bought toy line.

Except for Legos...

At least there I'm in luck, as I am from the country of Lego. Denmark :yess:

It is more expensive, but it's not THAT bad. For the AOU Cap, if' I'd manage to make up my mind in time, it would have been around $40-60 more depending on shipping costs in the US. So yeah, it's about a figure's worth for every 4 we get or something...

Which is why I should probably be happy with just my Stealth two-pack...

I'm sorry you missed out on AoU Cap. Does SS not ship to where you live?

I was able to snap a quick pic this morning. Got him Tues night, perks of living close to SS.

This figure is pretty amazing, the sculpt is spot on from a certain angle due to his nose being slightly too long. I love the die cast shield, the paint job & detail in it is amazing. Definitely glad I sold my TFA version for this.

11537701_10155927318370508_7136525686888480214_n.jpg

Except for Legos...

Yeah, I do have lots of fond memories of asking store clerks when they have the inside info on the next shipment, and then going back to the store and try to score some rare action figures when its being stocked.

But after I started collecting Hot Toys, there was no going back. lol.

I was able to snap a quick pic this morning. Got him Tues night, perks of living close to SS.

This figure is pretty amazing, the sculpt is spot on from a certain angle due to his nose being slightly too long. I love the die cast shield, the paint job & detail in it is amazing. Definitely glad I sold my TFA version for this.

Grats man. Yeah, and sweet pose.

nice pics
Yeah, I do have lots of fond memories of asking store clerks when they have the inside info on the next shipment, and then going back to the store and try to score some rare action figures when its being stocked.

But after I started collecting Hot Toys, there was no going back. lol.

well i still have friends that would do that for hot wheels. :lol

Just got mine delivered! This is my 6th Cap and is by far the best of the bunch. Despite all the flaws with Strike Cap, a lot of them didn't really bug me at all and I was still pretty darn satisfied with it.....but my god AOU Cap looks so so soooooo much better. My only gripe is that the Avengers "A" on his right shoulder was not glued down entirely and the bottom edge is beginning to curl and I would think will eventually fall off down the road:huh

Should also mention that the colors are much more subdued than how they appear in the pic........and also apologies for the slight blur, camera battery died on me!

tumblr_npupmd5XRU1tkwmwko1_1280.jpg

Back