1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i received mine yesterday and I love it. I d have a few gripes though that are more about quality control then the figure. Tha pants on my figure seem to be off. First off they are very high waisted, more more so then in other pictures Ive seen and secondly the knee pads are attached not over the knee. They look like they are attached to the side of the knee so any time i try to pose him with bent knees he looks really funny because his knees look like they are facing inwards.

small things but they affect the overall look of the figure.

I think the knee pad thing was a known issue a while back, too bad HT didn't fix it before the figure's release. My CAP arrives on Monday and will most likely be displayed in a museum pose.

Cap is great, love the new magnet shield feature...except that one of the magnets on his back...is backwards...so the shield actually launches off his back...very interesting!

I thought the magnets would've been stronger. Picked him up and the shield went flying onto the hardwood floor. Ended up chipping the paint. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is arriving Monday. It looks like this particular Cap is quite popular with the fanbase. The Rogers headsculpt and the magnetic shield are huge for this figure. Especially the magnetic shield, as getting the shield on Cap's arm has always been a hassle for me with Hot Toys Cap figures. The Rogers head will look great on my Stealth Suit Cap (I avoided the two-pack because I had a feeling this figure would include the extra head) and I'll have AOU Cap in a museum pose, hopefully with his shield held high (assuming the suit allows that level of articulation.)

Mine is arriving Monday. It looks like this particular Cap is quite popular with the fanbase. The Rogers headsculpt and the magnetic shield are huge for this figure. Especially the magnetic shield, as getting the shield on Cap's arm has always been a hassle for me with Hot Toys Cap figures. The Rogers head will look great on my Stealth Suit Cap (I avoided the two-pack because I had a feeling this figure would include the extra head) and I'll have AOU Cap in a museum pose, hopefully with his shield held high (assuming the suit allows that level of articulation.)

I feel like I'm also getting a two pack with this figure cause of incredible Evans sculpt which will go on my Golden Age Cap. The golden Age Helmeted head is smaller than the other Helmeted Cap heads, and with the puffy shoulders, You have to futz real hard to make it look natural. But with the bigger head size of the AOU Evans head, it looks natural on Golden Age Cap.
So I feel like I'm getting a newer Golden Age figure plus this AOU.
Very Excited, mine should be here tonight!!!

I think the knee pad thing was a known issue a while back, too bad HT didn't fix it before the figure's release. My CAP arrives on Monday and will most likely be displayed in a museum pose.

Ugh, that kind of sucks. I guess I kind of expected with a $240 12 inch figure (that's a lot of money) it would be as perfect as humanely possible. If I'm not paying for attention to detail and quality then what am I paying for.

Anyone else have issues with Cap's pants coming up to his chest?

Complaining aside, it's mostly a really cool figure. I love the shield and the magnets work great for me. Looking forward to IM Mk 43 now so I can pose them together. I'm thinking maybe I'll pose them clasping hands and flexing ala Predator. :lol

Finally decided to pull the trigger on this one as I like the look more than what we've seen so far from CW aaaaaaand.....he's sold out :gah::horror:gah:

Dammit!

At least there's apparently a tiny chance for a bit more stock around August, so just have to wait and see by then. I won't try and get it at places that are more expensive than this as I really want to keep the costs down as much as possible so I can buy more figures. I'm also European so that limits my choices a bit when it comes to cheap places.

Oh well, perhaps two Steves ARE enough...

Finally decided to pull the trigger on this one as I like the look more than what we've seen so far from CW aaaaaaand.....he's sold out :gah::horror:gah:

Dammit!

At least there's apparently a tiny chance for a bit more stock around August, so just have to wait and see by then. I won't try and get it at places that are more expensive than this as I really want to keep the costs down as much as possible so I can buy more figures. I'm also European so that limits my choices a bit when it comes to cheap places.

Oh no that's a shame...that's happened to me many times as well! :gah: Good Luck I hope you manage to get one and for a decent price :)

Dammit!

its not sold out, its just listed as Pre-order, so they're definitely getting more soon.

its not sold out, its just listed as Pre-order, so they're definitely getting more soon.

Where and at what price? I do hope that this one comes in waves and more will be available later. This is what it says:
"Pre-order, incoming in stock early end of 2015 (sold out) restock expected for august 2015".

So it's a bit hard to understand. If the stock for early end of 2015 is sold out, how can new stock be available august 2015...Something's not right here...:dunno

Where and at what price? I do hope that this one comes in waves and more will be available later. This is what it says:
"Pre-order, incoming in stock early end of 2015 (sold out) restock expected for august 2015".

So it's a bit hard to understand. If the stock for early end of 2015 is sold out, how can new stock be available august 2015...Something's not right here...:dunno

According to Sideshow, it just says expecting to ship Jun-Jul. And I'm not sure if that coupon is still valid, but I used a $20 coupon and cancelled my original PO which didnt affect my shipping as I still end up getting a quick turnaround. Mine is shipped and will be delivered tonight.

Marvel Captain America Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys | Sideshow Collectibles

According to Sideshow, it just says expecting to ship Jun-Jul. And I'm not sure if that coupon is still valid, but I used a $20 coupon and cancelled my original PO which didnt affect my shipping as I still end up getting a quick turnaround. Mine is shipped and will be delivered tonight.

Marvel Captain America Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys | Sideshow Collectibles

Yeah, that's my problem. Getting it shipped from the US to the EU is going to cost way too much (about $100 more), so even with coupons and whatnot it's not going to be feasible for me. I have to get it from a local (well, it's in another country but shippingwise it's "local") dealer instead of from Sideshow.

Back