1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Collectible Figure (Teaser)

I honestly don't think he constructs a new body out of pure vibranium, but just coats his final form with it before confronting the avengers... hence the darker version of his final form, or Prime/Ultimate in the lego sets... the design is the same, but one is dark grey, the other is silver... But like you said, it's all speculation. Either way, the more ultron the better.

Last edited:

well it is Ultron... he can do a lot of things humans can't

That's true. But unless it's "smart" vibranium or he can control metal like magneto I don't think jumping in a pool of molten metal will result in a perfect coating on a pre existing armor. I know half the stuff in the MCU is magic or beyond current understanding of physics and science, but they at least try to make most things seem plausible. To me, that wouldn't. You can't even paint that way, let alone make something out of metal. Again, fake universe can have fake science. I get that. But this is something that doesn't need to be "magic". Other then the metal being fake the process is something we do in real life. Chrome plating, powder coat, painting, ect...u don't see why you would take a real process and muck it up when you have enough suspension of disbelief stuff as it is.

yeah its just a theory.... but at the moment it appears to be the best one
The one thing that makes me doubt it is that the form has holes and gaps that could be exploited, but I guess as long as his circuits are covered he's fine

In a sense, that's what kinda bugged me about the Mark I in the first Iron Man to a point. There are so many holes that there had to be at least one bullet that got to Tony. XD

I think I"ll be getting the Sentry Ultron.. it's most similar to the comics IMHO. I wonder if the trailer version (the one where he is shooting lasers from his fingers is the Vibranium version? or pre?

I think I"ll be getting the Sentry Ultron.. it's most similar to the comics IMHO. I wonder if the trailer version (the one where he is shooting lasers from his fingers is the Vibranium version? or pre?

I think thats pre-vibranium.... the Vibranium version being similar in design.
If its the same armor as the laser shooting one, it can be seen in the first trailer being attacked by Quicksilver and Cap.... you can see pieces breaking off(hence the lack of vibranium indestructibility)

I just took a look at that part, yeah for sure that's Ultron cause of the red piping/glow. I did notice however, the back doesn't look like it's the laser shooting one though. (You can compare to the after credits scene where Ultron turns around in Trailer 2). I think it looks more like the Sentry version. I'm not quite sure though.

I just took a look at that part, yeah for sure that's Ultron cause of the red piping/glow. I did notice however, the back doesn't look like it's the laser shooting one though. (You can compare to the after credits scene where Ultron turns around in Trailer 2). I think it looks more like the Sentry version. I'm not quite sure though.
I always thought that was a Sentry too. The frame seemed different, and size-wise it seemed too small for it to be Ultron's main form (I could be wrong though).

I can see the theory of Ultron applying the vibranium after already acquiring his main form. I doubt the molten metal look would be the literal way of applying it. There's a lot more to the process of shaping metal, and I can see Ultron using heat to allow him to form the coating accordingly. It doesn't help that vibranium is plenty strong, so a little "heat" is definitely required to shape that onto Ultron frame. For all we know the molten metal segment could just be Ultron constructing his main body or a new "mold" entirely.

As for the holes and gaps. I don't really see them being a problem. Most of the time, Ultron ends up being strong enough that any sort of odd design element becomes a non-issue for him. In his strongest forms, often it takes a gigantic plot device or some way of breaking up his logic that ends up beating him.

Hot Toys Ultron Prime 1:6 scale figure - official pictures

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So a figure and a stand?
Looks like the hands are poseable?
Shouldn't be over $200
It will be though.

Re: Hot Toys Ultron Prime figure

Not sure if it's just the pics but certain angles it seems the eyes are movable and possibly movable jaw?

Re: Hot Toys Ultron Prime figure

Not sure about the eyes but the jaw certainly looks like it might be movable. :)

2300HKD =300 USD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back