1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm an interior designer and I'm designing a custom built shelf in my room just for this piece. The challenge is how to design this shelf to be "little boy" proof as my baby boy is growing up fast. Need to prevent him from hulk smashing my hulkbuster. Haha

You just need to teach children to respect your stuff; and even though it looks like a toy it's not. My kids always did great with my collectibles.

I'm an interior designer and I'm designing a custom built shelf in my room just for this piece. The challenge is how to design this shelf to be "little boy" proof as my baby boy is growing up fast. Need to prevent him from hulk smashing my hulkbuster. Haha

Yeah, I'd love to see what you do. I'm considering a similar setup. My kids are teens which is really just as bad! haha

I think, at the very least, I'll order a custom made pedestal with a custom acrylic cover...maybe try and incorporate some LED lighting in there...I'll probably throw another 1:6 figure in with it to show the scale...(Mark 43?)

I think it will look like a HIGH END movie maquette...this is my first HT purchase, and I can see it's my entry drug into a dark world :panic:

Doesn't look like 14 inches to me...

Becuase you can accurately judge that from a photo?

I have a photo of the wtc from long ago..it looks to be about 3 inches tall. You can't tell the size of something from a photo without a lot of info we just don't have. I'd be a lot more apt to believe people who have seen and handled it in real life then judge it based on some photo.

Kinda of what stopped me, well that and the price tag. :lol

I was still on the fence a couple of weeks back, and then I found myself looked around the room and just couldn't really find a place for it, well not without having to do some DIY and the thought of having to wall mount some display cab was enough for me to walk away :thud:

You just need to teach children to respect your stuff; and even though it looks like a toy it's not. My kids always did great with my collectibles.

Yeah, I'd love to see what you do. I'm considering a similar setup. My kids are teens which is really just as bad! haha

I think, at the very least, I'll order a custom made pedestal with a custom acrylic cover...maybe try and incorporate some LED lighting in there...I'll probably throw another 1:6 figure in with it to show the scale...(Mark 43?)

I think it will look like a HIGH END movie maquette...this is my first HT purchase, and I can see it's my entry drug into a dark world :panic:

I think children will be children. But indeed have to teach them.

Darth whitey, looking forward to your set up.. I might be using my MK 42 for a size comparison. Never imagine that my mk42 will end up being just a supporting piece as mk42 itself is already a very nice piece. Haha

Back