1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the purpose of the dagger?

For making Hawkeye a sandwich.

giphy.gif

HBVaGuN.jpg

Ryan-Gosling-Oh-No-You-Didnt-Half-Nelson.gif

:lol

I'm not trying to bash a figure many seem to like, but I'm just not feeling the love on this one. It doesn't look like ScarJo to me at all. And I do not care for the costume. It seems too busy with the contrast of blue and red in it. I guess they are trying to make it stand out from her previous looks.

I do like the body on this one. I think that is much improved. I am leaning toward purchasing the TWS version for my BW...cheaper and coupon applicable.

Does anyone else feel like this one just isn't doing the character justice? They seem to keep missing the mark with the BW figure. Shame. I think she is awesome.

$220 for this new figure with the last sculpt? That's great, they keep raising the prices, last 1 was $189. Why did this 1 shoot up to $220.

More accessories is my only guess. And a "busier" costume, as some have pointed out.

I pre-ordered this one simply because I want the entire AoU set, but I do agree that the head sculpt isn't all that wonderful. I don't have the same complaints as some about the costume. I like the blue, and I'm guessing they'll act as some functional addition to her weaponry in the movie, which seems very Black Widow-y to me, similar to some of the gadgets we've seen in Iron Man 2 and Cap 2. And considering there's definitely no BETTER head sculpt out there than this one, I think it's worth picking up. I also don't have a Black Widow yet, so this will be my first.

Curious to see how the electric effects pieces go on the figure. Also I wonder if this means Scarlet Witch will have some sort of effect as well.

Documented, no. But I am saying over a two year period I have been on hear nearly every day, and days I'm not I go back and read, and during that time I have not seen a single instance of someone saying they canceled because of some catastrophic incident. But I have seen dozens, probably hundreds, of people saying they canceled for the reasons I stated before.

How many of those death or job lost reasons have you seen? And how many for other reasons. I didn't claim it never happens or that it didn't happen and I didn't see it. I said, over two years, I have never seen it, but have seen TONS and of the other kind. How exactly is that BS? As i stated, it's always the first defense and reason given why NRD are bad or why things get canceled...when in reality it's not just uncommon it's rare. Rare enough that it really has no effect on the argument. Yes, I am sure it happens. But not so much that it would make any difference to sales. I'm sure there are more actual collectors that die then having a death in the family be a reason for a figure to not be afforded.

If you add up all the canceled orders how many, or what percentage, do you think are actually becuase of unforeseen circumstances? And how much is becuase of the normal, something new, or I lost interest, or it didn't sell out so now I don't want it or a hundred other things like that?

Serious question:

What is it to you if people cancel because they feel like it?

Are you a shareholder at SSC? HT? Howard's BFF?

Wha makes you give a flying ****?

I hope it is not like the last time where Widow used the scepter to save the day type of use...meaning, please do not have Widow jab the dagger into Ultron's eye to save the day or something like that...

It'll go the other way. She'll stab him in the eye and he'll slap her into next week.

$220 for single figure? What the hell? Is sideshow and hot toys really gonna keep ripping off collectors?

Back