1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be interested to know of those who say 220 is too much for her with all she comes with if they have DOFP Wolverine,have him on PO, or want him in the future. Him and his four hands.

$220 for single figure? What the hell? Is sideshow and hot toys really gonna keep ripping off collectors?

Kingslayer.jpg

Yes.

I'm still not sure how anyone is getting ripped off. I must have missed the memo from GOD that says everyone has to buy these. I'll go check my fax and email again.

I'm still not sure how anyone is getting ripped off. I must have missed the memo from GOD that says everyone has to buy these. I'll go check my fax and email again.

It should be there........ sometimes it gets sent via pigeon though.... there might be a delay

That's why. Lots of cats in my area. I'll go check the neighbors yard....

Sideshow and HT must have perfected their "Jedi mind trick"...

HT: "This is the exact Black Widow you've been looking for...(even if we used an old sculpt)"
SS: "...And this is the price that you are going to pay..."

P.S. I preordered already...

Serious question:

What is it to you if people cancel because they feel like it?

Are you a shareholder at SSC? HT? Howard's BFF?

Wha makes you give a flying ****?
Well, I know in my case I'd prefer everyone pay a small NRD so that the runs on these figures aren't so inflated. Someone brought up a good example with Star-Lord. The exclusive went Waitlist, waitlisters were told they had no chance of it converting and were given an offer of 10% off if they switched their purchase to the regular. Presumably a bunch did, and then tons of people cancelled their ex and now it's available. So lots of people ended-up w/a version maybe they will have to sell off to re-buy what they wanted in the first place. NRDs would put a stop to that kind of BS, IMO.

And I'll admit something else. It does bug me that this hobby is so filled with indecisive and fickle customers. Stop ordering stuff if you ultimately don't want it. ;)

In regards to Black Widow, getting a creepy Phicen vibe from her blank expression. I think they could've done better in capturing Scarlett's likeness and personality.

That's why. Lots of cats in my area. I'll go check the neighbors yard....

Sideshow and HT must have perfected their "Jedi mind trick"...

HT: "This is the exact Black Widow you've been looking for...(even if we used an old sculpt)"
SS: "...And this is the price that you are going to pay..."

P.S. I preordered already...

:rotfl :hi5: :hi5:

Well, I know in my case I'd prefer everyone pay a small NRD so that the runs on these figures aren't so inflated. Someone brought up a good example with Star-Lord. The exclusive went Waitlist, waitlisters were told they had no chance of it converting and were given an offer of 10% off if they converted the reg, presumably a bunch did, and then tons of people cancelled their ex and now it's available. So lots of people ended-up w/a version maybe they will have to sell off to re-buy what they wanted in the first place. NRDs would put a stop to that kind of BS, IMO.

In regards to Black Widow, getting a creepy Phicen vibe from her blank expression. I think they could've done better in capturing Scarlett's likeness and personality.

It's rare but I'm going to disagree with you my friend on the whole mandatory NRD thingamabobber. I don't think NRD's will have any effect on how many units HT pumps out, as they never listed ED sizes (I think) and I don't see that changing considering they are booming.

Oh and why do I care if others cancel. Becuase it's bad for the hobby. Because it's part of why figure values do not hold. And eventually one of these(or a combination of a couple) bad sales will end up killing the line or company. Oh, and I do have a but of a vested interest in sideshow as stated previous.

Most people can't think or see beyond their own nose. I've done it plenty myself. But the overall health and stability of both sideshow and hot toys, and each figure individually, is negatively effected when people commit to buying something and then cancel.

On top of all that big picture stuff...it's irritating that I order a figure day one and a year later, after it sold out or waitlisted, it's now up for 35% off becuase people canceled their orders for the next figure. That type of stuff would happen a lot less if people stuck to their commitments.

And, why do you care if I care if caring is such a bad thing?

What's bad for the hobby is production pieces being crap compared to prototypes and when that's the case everyone should cancel and not feel bad about doing it.

Let the manufacturer and distributor eat it.

It's rare but I'm going to disagree with you my friend on the whole mandatory NRD thingamabobber. I don't think NRD's will have any effect on how many units HT pumps out, as they never listed ED sizes (I think) and I don't see that changing considering they are booming.

You right it may not. No way to know. But it would (eventually) stabilize the retail orders and thus (potentially) stopping the leg warmers and deep discounts and retail losses. If you are a smaller LCB two or three figures where you offer 30% discount either in sales or rewards and you could end up canceling any future orders (a few hundred to a thousand dollar lose on just a handful of figures for a small business can be disastrous) and if it happens enough times on a large enough number it could really hurt the lines. It may not kill hot toys or sideshow but it could cause them to only do one or two figures a year, at a higher PP or something like that.

Eventually, someone is going to get tired of eating those looses. And something will change.

What's bad for the hobby is production pieces being crap compared to prototypes and when that's the case everyone should cancel and not feel bad about doing it.

Let the manufacturer and distributor eat it.

Then wait for the production piece. If it's that big an issue for you wait. If you know things are not going to be exactly like the proto then wait to order. This is why a lot of companies won't show protos. Maybe that's the route hot toys should take.

And yea let them eat it. Show them who's boss. Then go buy mego and enterbay.

Then wait for the production piece. If it's that big an issue for you wait. If you know things are not going to be exactly like the proto then wait to order. This is why a lot of companies won't show protos. Maybe that's the route hot toys should take.

And yea let them eat it. Show them who's boss. Then go buy mego and enterbay.

Hot Toys rarely has the problem of failing to deliver in the end, but it does happen. And when it does, why should anyone feel bad about canceling the order? I don't get the logic.

That's like you going into a fancy restaurant and paying part of the bill when you walk in and then pay the balance of hundreds of dollars while the server hands you a brown bag with a Big mac and small fries. And you enjoying it.

Last edited:
Back