1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever happened to Enterbay. Still just doing Basketball player variants?

Enterbay are still around.

COLLECTION

I don't know why they are making so many Basketball players. They may be taking a cue from Hot Toys and their 90% Iron Man / 10% other figures output. I am not an expert on Enterbay, but I have their JCVD figure, and apart from it's argumentative neg plug/socket, i'm happy with it.

Someone should mold the guns and make casts..... they would make a pretty penny.

It looks like an M4 with plastic covers on it. You could pick a couple of M4s up from Toy Anxiety or Monkey Depot and throw this together in less than an hour.

Scalping?...... kinda frowned upon here :lecture

Recasting is the term you are looking for.
Scalping is where someone buys something and sells it at an inflated price.

I remember when I first joined here there was a guy with a whole collection of recasts that I think he made. He was run off here real quick.

Hot Toys rarely has the problem of failing to deliver in the end, but it does happen. And when it does, why should anyone feel bad about canceling the order? I don't get the logic.

That's like you going into a fancy restaurant and paying part of the bill when you walk in and then pay the balance of hundreds of dollars while the server hands you a brown bag with a Big mac and small fries. And you enjoying it.

Sure, if there's a big difference I can understand that.

I am talking about the people that order, and then cancel because they found another figure, or lost interest, or becuase it didn't sell out. Or those that preorder, then see another version (a proto) of the same character, or just a leak from the next film, and cancel.

I have no issue with people canceling for a legit issue. But the new shiny toy, or a dozen other issues that people have admitted to on this site are crap. If you commit to the figure them buy it. Unless there is that big issue. Which is rare. If it's rare then it's not going to be a negative factor on the company or other collectors.

I don't get how I'm getting called out becuase I think people should stick to their agreement. I'd love to see sideshow or hot toys do that. Like with asm2...everyone hated the proto photos. When it came out everyone loved it.aube they should have canceled everyone's orders and reopened it for more money. That's the same thing. No one forces anyone to preorder. They could put it up and not show anything. No proto. Just a description and a screen grab. Or movie poster.

With your analogy of food, it's like ordering something blind and then not paying because you didn't like it. Instead of taking the time to wait and see what you ordered.

Sideshow and hot toys are established companies. There's nothing new about how they do this. If you are the type of person that has to have it perfect them don't order based on the proto.

If there's really a legit issue, fine. But if you know you are picky enough that it has to be exactly like the proto, then you should wait.

Enterbay are still around.

COLLECTION

I don't know why they are making so many Basketball players. They may be taking a cue from Hot Toys and their 90% Iron Man / 10% other figures output. I am not an expert on Enterbay, but I have their JCVD figure, and apart from it's argumentative neg plug/socket, i'm happy with it.

Probably because it's the only reputable, big-time, big-name license EB can obtain ATM. :lol

I am talking about the people that order, and then cancel because they found another figure, or lost interest, or becuase it didn't sell out. Or those that preorder, then see another version (a proto) of the same character, or just a leak from the next film, and cancel.

I have no issue with people canceling for a legit issue. But the new shiny toy, or a dozen other issues that people have admitted to on this site are crap. If you commit to the figure them buy it. Unless there is that big issue. Which is rare. If it's rare then it's not going to be a negative factor on the company or other collectors.

I don't get how I'm getting called out becuase I think people should stick to their agreement. I'd love to see sideshow or hot toys do that. Like with asm2...everyone hated the proto photos. When it came out everyone loved it.aube they should have canceled everyone's orders and reopened it for more money. That's the same thing. No one forces anyone to preorder. They could put it up and not show anything. No proto. Just a description and a screen grab. Or movie poster.

With your analogy of food, it's like ordering something blind and then not paying because you didn't like it. Instead of taking the time to wait and see what you ordered.

Sideshow and hot toys are established companies. There's nothing new about how they do this. If you are the type of person that has to have it perfect them don't order based on the proto.

If there's really a legit issue, fine. But if you know you are picky enough that it has to be exactly like the proto, then you should wait.

you-need-to-relax.gif

I think it's just because you're taking it so seriously. It's like someone cancelling for whatever reason is an attack on you personally. If it was that big of an issue to the companies then they'd put NRDs on everything without question, and then collectors could either pay it or hold out for the final product. I'm sure most would be fine with it if that was how it went...NRDs never really bothered me.

On top of all that big picture stuff...it's irritating that I order a figure day one and a year later, after it sold out or waitlisted, it's now up for 35% off becuase people canceled their orders for the next figure.

Just because something is on sale a year later isn't only because others cancelled, and I'm not sure why that grinds your gears so much either way -- unless you're looking to make profit on these purchases down the road, which is probably not the smartest source of investment. If you're just irked because you want it for the sale price, then just hold out for the possible sale and don't order day one.

Probably because it's the only reputable, big-time, big-name license EB can obtain ATM. :lol

Based purely on their JCVD figure, I would like to see them pick up the Bond licence. It's been a few years since Sisedshows figures, with the standards having been raised, I say that it's time for more Bond. There would be plenty of potential figures.

Dude, I bet you're gonna get some rep for that gif. Too funny. :lol

Based purely on their JCVD figure, I would like to see them pick up the Bond licence. It's been a few years since Sisedshows figures, with the standards having been raised, I say that it's time for more Bond. There would be plenty of potential figures.

Can EB even afford the Bond license? :dunno

It's their hard earned money so they can cancel if they want or pick the figure up, that's their business. There's no binding agreement here.

Using your example, if they see a new proto from a new film then I'd put the blame on the manufacturer for crappy timing. You know the majority are going to want the newest release so that's on the them - know your clientele.

I don't get how I'm getting called out becuase I think people should stick to their agreement.

You keep quoting my comments so you don't get to complain about being called out.

I'd love to see sideshow or hot toys do that. Like with asm2...everyone hated the proto photos. When it came out everyone loved it.aube they should have canceled everyone's orders and reopened it for more money. That's the same thing. No one forces anyone to preorder. They could put it up and not show anything. No proto. Just a description and a screen grab. Or movie poster.

Yeah, sounds like a solid business plan which is why nobody is doing it. :rolleyes2

Nobody here is 'ordering blind', they order based on prototypes shown so the rest of your comment holds no water.

Sideshow and hot toys are established companies. There's nothing new about how they do this.

SSC has a pretty much brand new NRD policy, so 'yes' there is something new about how they're doing this. :lol

If you are the type of person that has to have it perfect them don't order based on the proto.

Not perfect, just not a vastly different end product.

See above.

Highly unlikely according to budget stark's info from the guy that was involved in all the AoU figures design or manufacturing. Also the release date means less time for changes. They have loads to push out. All the reused sculpts will still sell. And if it does not...

...Civil war...
...Infinity war...
...Part 1...
...Part 2...

God damn my dirty mind, I read that in such a wrong manner. XD

Let's say EB doesn't have to pay the Broccolis or the studio/s. Wouldn't it have to strike agreements with Connery/Brosnan/Craig? Very murky waters there.

I just want them to do a 1/4 Rocky. But Bill is probably bankrupt after buying so many cars and cocaine.

Back