1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I just caved and ordered this. I guess having three BW versions on my shelves really isn't enough after all! I'm giving Pop Culture Zone a try this time, $202.99 with a 20% deposit + shipping, so only @ $160 due when it ships. Saving my SSC rewards for Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and (hopefully) Ultimate Ultron. Plus I'm probably going to cave and order Hawkeye as well. This addiction is going to be the death of me, but what the hell! :wink1:

OK, I just caved and ordered this. I guess having three BW versions on my shelves really isn't enough after all! I'm giving Pop Culture Zone a try this time, $202.99 with a 20% deposit + shipping, so only @ $160 due when it ships. Saving my SSC rewards for Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and (hopefully) Ultimate Ultron. Plus I'm probably going to cave and order Hawkeye as well. This addiction is going to be the death of me, but what the hell! :wink1:

Scarlet Witch is still on my radar too!
AoU BW is a 100% pass :(. So for me that now just leaves a Diecast Ultron (please; please; please!) and SW (that is, so long as she doesn't have catatonic eyes like BW that is :panic:).

How do Sideshow coupon promotions and the double reward things all work? I've never ordered from there before so I don't know what any of that stuff means. Do you have to subscribe to something to get the deals?

How do Sideshow coupon promotions and the double reward things all work? I've never ordered from there before so I don't know what any of that stuff means. Do you have to subscribe to something to get the deals?

I think sideshow has you create an account to order from them. Either way, if you have an account you can collect the reward points. You don't need to get the email subscription.

Discount codes are generally released each month, tho restrictions usually apply, like I think you have to wait a couple months to use a code on new pre order items. Some codes are also specific to a certain figure, like the one for the Winter Soldier Black Widow for 20% off (WSWIDOW) but she's on waitlist right now :impatient:

I think sideshow has you create an account to order from them. Either way, if you have an account you can collect the reward points. You don't need to get the email subscription.

Discount codes are generally released each month, tho restrictions usually apply, like I think you have to wait a couple months to use a code on new pre order items. Some codes are also specific to a certain figure, like the one for the Winter Soldier Black Widow for 20% off (WSWIDOW) but she's on waitlist right now :impatient:

Thanks for all the info!! How are the discount codes usually disbursed?

Oh, and you're welcome! :) happy to help

That thread will be great for me, subscribed! Hopefully I'll be more able to build my collection now. Thanks again for all of the info on the thread and how the points work!

It is unfortunate, I think its great :dunno
I actually really like her and think she comes at a great price considering all the accessories... only thing which holds me back is I loved the look of BW from the WS, almost ordered her... then I saw her in Forbidden Planet and all interest was lost.

Now i think even from the prototype to prototype photos this looks much better but I'm not sold enough to put money down just yet... hoping she's still available when it comes to HK blogger photo time.

I still plan on buying this (even though I have both of the 2 previous figures). But not wanting to pay a kings ransom, I wont be buying directly from HT. I will wait the extra couple of week for when BW lands this side of the pond, when either Collectable Kitbash or Lair Of The Octopus have her in stock.

Glad we're finally getting a loaded Widow and I dig the jazzed up outfit, but I do wish they'd nail her likeness already. Can't call this horrible but can't call it incredible either.

Now THAT'S Scar-Jo! Whose sculpt is this?

Heh, saw this on cbr.

zhang3.jpg

It looks like a repainted hot toys head. Might be wrong. But I think people would be surprised how much difference paint makes. Unfortunately that level of detail and paint often takes days or weeks. (I'm very slow so weeks for me). Custom paint on a 12 inch statue can cost 1k or more.

Back