1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're really nice, its quite a lot to include... I feel like we got lucky getting those guns :rock

Right..."Guns"...right...

I am beginning to wonder what is going to happen to the Civil War Widow? With this Widow being this busy with so much accessories (finally), if the Civil War Widow goes back to just 2 Glocks...Who's going to buy that?

I am beginning to wonder what is going to happen to the Civil War Widow? With this Widow being this busy with so much accessories (finally), if the Civil War Widow goes back to just 2 Glocks...Who's going to buy that?

vjdmUA7.gif

It looks like a repainted hot toys head. Might be wrong. But I think people would be surprised how much difference paint makes. Unfortunately that level of detail and paint often takes days or weeks. (I'm very slow so weeks for me). Custom paint on a 12 inch statue can cost 1k or more.

The paint job definitely makes a difference in the end. A blank sculpt can look just like someone, and the paint can change it one way or the other. I think Hot Toys did a great job with this paint job still, it's more or less just the hair that's throwing me this time out. It just looks so...ah, it's just not sitting well with me. It looks rough up close in all the shots I've seen so far, so it's the main factor in holding off until Civil War.

I think it's more or less what she uses in the movies. These two giant guns she comes with will get used during AoU, as will the batons, I'm sure. She'll probably also shock some peeps! I can't remember off the top of my head if she used anything else in Winter Soldier, but I believe she was pretty...hands on in that one! If she uses a few more weapons in Civil War, then we'll likely see them as accessories; I just don't see them throwing in a few random rifles and knives that don't fit anywhere in the movie just to add more to the package.

Of course, it's also doubtful the price would go back down from where it is now, so here's hoping she has a variety of weapons in that movie too! :)

How easy would it be to switch the hair from this to the TWS Widow, assuming this one's face doesn't come out super well?

In the latest trailer, there is a scene where Widow fights with Cap's shield...

Do you think HT will add the magnets needed in her arm for that?

She's to small...and if she doesn't come with it (which they would mention) why add stuff?

Will the body be the same size as TA BW? I might just buy the new outfit and change her clothing...

Did you see the pics posted in the Cap thread? She looks a little curvier doesn't she? Anyway, I like TWS headsculpt but I think I want the costume on this figure. I don't want to buy this and then the TWS headsculpt. It's going for ridiculous prices on ebay.

I think I'll wait for Spook to get her, I'm perfectly happy with my WS Widow but I can't get ALL the other Avengers of this line and not her :lol

Back