1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On which picture do u guys see exactly that it is the ESB saber?

Really any image where the bottom of the hilt is visible... the tell is the screws and indentation on the black grips. On the ANH it was a solid piece, for ESB there were screws added and a notch of the grip (where the screw was added) is missing.

It's clear in this image:
11351487_10152843670182344_5001400675353983006_n.jpg

Speculation on when SSC will put this up for PO?
I say not until they acknowledge that HT has shown this on their Facebook page.
Monday maybe,do they do weekend PO's?

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up today... but could be as late as Monday.

Okay, I'm impressed.

This will be my first and only Star Wars Hot Toys figure. If there's one character/figure that represents the Original Trilogy, it's Farmboy Luke. This one blows the Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi and Vader releases away. I love how he comes with everything from the film (besides Stormtrooper armor, the pilot gear and Ceremonial duds from the end of the film of course).

My only gripe is the hair. It needs to be lighter. This is way too dark. Other than that, I really dig him. These two are my favorite shots,

image.jpg
image.jpg

Newbie question, is SS the only real place to order these (EXs especially) in the US. I suppose BBTS and other retailer sell the regs as well but without reward points.

Newbie question, is SS the only real place to order these (EXs especially) in the US. I suppose BBTS and other retailer sell the regs as well but without reward points.

Yep, generally as long as you don't live in California; Sideshow is your best bet if you are going to pre-order. Even with the cost at full retail, with the shipping cost and RP it tends to come out a bit in favor of Sideshow. And if you want the exclusive, really the only option.

Really any image where the bottom of the hilt is visible... the tell is the screws and indentation on the black grips. On the ANH it was a solid piece, for ESB there were screws added and a notch of the grip (where the screw was added) is missing.

It's clear in this image:
11351487_10152843670182344_5001400675353983006_n.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up today... but could be as late as Monday.

thanks .. u are right .. havent seen the screws

His hair color changes a bit based on lighting:

So does his skin tone, but HT aren't going to paint him so we confuse him with Lando... ;) Make him blonde and the sculpt's hair will still look different under different lighting. Give him super dark hair and it's always going to look super dark.

I'm chalking it up to what others have said - it's just a lot more difficult to pull off good blonde paint. And then lastly the "we just don't care" attitude that also affects some of the other items in this and other releases.

Welcome to the forum, nice way to make an entrance.

Obviously just to get on your nerves. Everything everyone is posting here today is about you and for your enjoyment.

Are you this hostile to people in real life? What do you do with your teeth when they're knocked out?

I'm a bit late to post on this one but I have to say this is an incredible figure. I'm not going to get into collecting Stat Wars figures as there's no stopping once you've started with SW but I can still really appreciate how awesome this reveal is for those that are lucky enough to get it. Simply superb.

Never knew there was a difference between the Star Wars and Empire Luke saber. Now that I know this . . . I don't really care. It'll look good hanging off his belt, that's all I care about. I doubt I display him with his lightsaber lit, in hand. Luke was all about blasters in the first film.

I really expected the final two 200 slots to be taken up with AoU figures, so this is a complete surprise.

Luke looks fantastic! Only complaint I have is the hair being too dark, but other than that, I can't see anything else wrong it. I noticed the SSC Luke also has darker hair than what we see on screen, so neither of them are getting the hair light enough.

Price wise I am expecting to be similar to SSC Luke. It is a shame they have had to price theirs so high because it comes with so little accessories, whereas this figure will give you more bang for your buck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back