1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I kinda want the Stormtrooper belt, but I'd rather not give Sideshow my money, kinda fed up with their mickey mouse shipping prices, but I can knock 50% off in RPs. . . ehhhhh. . .

that pic reminds me of the shocker... two in the pinky, one in the stinky...

2xA8V4A.jpg

yeah, Zakk Wylde is one of my favorites. Watching him transform from fresh faced randy rhodes replacement into what he is today has been fun! His best work to me is still Pride and Glory but BLS is most likely the most underrated band. Thats a funny thing to say because many hold Zakk in high regards, and I still think he is underrated. The only other player that inspires me more is Paul Gilbert...he is from another planet tho.

ok...back on topic...

no one is going to willfully part ways with a collectible at a lower price than they can get paid for it. i mean, this word dumping is more about the easy decision to rid oneself of an inferior product than it is to say, "I'm going to throw these away anyhow, so you can have it for a few bucks."

Agree in every way on both topics.

Have skipped on all the HT SW stuff (aside from the older ESB Luke), and this thing is just too good to pass on. PO'd! :rock

Makes you wish they'd nailed Han as good.

LOL, I did. Ahem, back to the figure itself, preordered.I planned on passing and waiting for Jedi Luke but it's just too nostalgic and a great representation. Guess I'll try to have a shelf for each episode instead. Episode IV probably being the most crowded.

Totally different looks, so I'd say yes (depends on nostalgia factor, too, I guess). In my case I'll have Farmboy and Bespin Luke but will be skipping ROTJ.

It's so weird how people differ on their preferred versions of characters. For me, when I think of Luke, I think of Farmboy. It's not him at his best, obviously, but it's definitely the most iconic (to ME!), so it's a must-have pre-order. I haven't done it yet, because I don't think it'll sell out anytime soon, and I have a few orders shipping soon that'll net me some reward points to use (or, one of those monthly coupons, whichever one goes into effect first).

Love that head on the Farmboy outfit, but it doesn't look great on the Stormtrooper outfit. Is there a good angle on the X-Wing head to put on the Stormtrooper pic.? Just curious.

Your post wasn't worth a more considerate reply. Your initial post was flame-bait and you missed the irony of my initial reply. I'm not prepared to continue down that road except to say plainly that no one will be "dumping" anything because HT is releasing product. No fire sales, no bottoms dropping out of the market that I keep seeing some people rave on about. If the past 6 months haven't already proven that, I'm not sure what else will.

when I read a post not directed toward me these days, I follow the golden rule. if you don't like the golden rule, then chances are you think its your duty to play deputy dog and open your mouth when a simple non-reply is the more mature thing to do. i am not responsible for your assumptions. my original post was in no way shape or form flame bait. and it was not directed at anyone in particular. you're arrogant response to me was both.

if you don't like my thoughts and ideas on DOLL COLLECTING, then just block me. i don't need or want your useless comments if all you're interested in doing is trying to make yourself look like a cool kid that over examines every word and nit picks it to death. ever heard of context? dumping is a term used for getting rid of something without hesitation, not for less than value.

you average 375 posts per month.....i can see you don't have much of a life. i can see internet chat rooms based on dolls is your main priority, or one of them. do me a favor and just block me so I don't need to hear from your awesome bank of nerd logic anymore.

The server I have dedicated to the task says I'm averaging only 330 posts per month, but I've been trying hard to get that up to 420. It's just been so difficult with the coupon codes thread moved into the Sandbox sub-forum.

It's so weird how people differ on their preferred versions of characters. For me, when I think of Luke, I think of Farmboy. It's not him at his best, obviously, but it's definitely the most iconic (to ME!), so it's a must-have pre-order. I haven't done it yet, because I don't think it'll sell out anytime soon, and I have a few orders shipping soon that'll net me some reward points to use (or, one of those monthly coupons, whichever one goes into effect first).

I agree this is his most iconic look, but it's still probably my least favorite costume of any main character in ANH. And even for a farmboy from Tatooine always struck me as being way too simple and basic.

Which isn't to say of course that I won't eventually break down and order this anyway. :p

So if you already have Bespin Luke is this worth it?

Great question.

I love Besbin Luke, goes great with the SSC ESB/ROTJ Vader and I'm a ESB guy.

Swore I didn't need this BUT I caved when I saw the price, too much goodness included here so for me now, if you want the absolute best representation of a FB Luke and you're getting the ANH figures, it's better to have this than not.

Plus the EX belt sealed it.

Back