1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She graduated cum loudly.

giphy.gif

Haven't been in here in a while, so forgive me if I hit too many points that've been covered many times on this one....

Okay. I ordered it.

This offering made me chuckle a bit....reminding me of Hasbro's "100th figure" version of this from their "Action Collection" all those years ago...now that set was a fun bang for the buck at the time....

Even though I've ordered it, I'm not 100% won over by this new HT version. Hair WAY too dark, costume is too perfect and pretty...can't they scuff it up a little?...as it looks now, he's more ready for the Tatooine Ballet with those tight leggings than he is to work around that farm. So clean and (too) tightly tailored. Wish he featured a sand-themed base rather than the (already common) floor grating one.

Portrait looks like most HT...really well-rendered, finely detailed, good paint apps....but "off" somehow...and, as usual, too "stern" an expression. No sense of wonder on that face....

It'll be a well-crafted figure....and it's the central character in the saga. Try as I might, this ole' SW collector couldn't resist.

The final thing that pushed me over was...this thing is coming with more stuff, and is CHEAPER than Sideshow's Red Five version. WTF?
I want to see Sideshow pull the ears off that gundark and really deliver on that figure...they've .got to , considering that price. I really like their recent Echo Base Luke....this one's got to reach that level at least....hopefully even a little more.

A little Sideshow flashback....I'm sure I'll get a little jeering for this, but I still like my Sideshow version of Farmboy Luke....

Better. I'm not concerned in the least about the hair color, this is an easy adjustment -- plus, those of us with the Besbin Luke know the hair has sparkly gold-ish highlights that really show in the right light so they can easily repeat that process.

JB, good to hear from you! Agree on the base and they did try to weather the tunic a tiny bit but that is also pretty easy to dirty up to your liking. I may just crumple mine up, throw it in the dirt, step on it and voila, weathered tunic.

Ordered, definite buy as the likeness is pretty much there. Unlike the Han portrait which looks like they didn't even attempt to sculpt Ford.

Edit: Guess this is an adjusted version from JC Hong's page...

11113785_10206752243103344_8494433831300202442_n.jpg

I guess JC Hong doesn't actually LOOK at the movie, he just thinks a lighter shade of brown will do the trick. Hamill had sun bleached blonde highlights in ANH. Try drybrushing in some lighter blonde highlights and he'll nail it.

Tempting... but going to wait for VI Luke.

I am going to convince myself I only need the Lukes' that fought Vader.

Back