1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to get this, but I'm afraid they will keep changing his outfit every film like Cap. Especially if they do Giant Man

Just a a heads up, lol.
THEY WILL.
EVERY MOVIE.
Perhaps even a few times per movie. How else would they keep selling new figures??
i am assuming he will start with the old costume and Hank will make him a new one.
And you are guaranteed that the same thing will happen each movie.

I want to get this, but I'm afraid they will keep changing his outfit every film like Cap. Especially if they do Giant Man

I really enjoyed the film because it was fun, didn't take itself too seriously. Reminded me a bit of movies in the '80s. As for this figure...what I dig the most is the retro styling. Not a fan of what I've seen so far of the CW suit, and in truth I start to get a little tired of the sleek lines and gratuitous panels and straps of "modern and gritty" superhero gear across the board.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it bores me, all personal taste in the end, but I could probably do this first-appearance suit and be happy.

As an aside -- I'm not really a packaging guy, but I love the box art. Beautiful, stylish design and it really pops. Pretty impressed overall.

See... this is an issue for me only if I like the costume/design better than the one I have.

But, quality continues to improve on figures. Compare Thor 1 to AOU Thor... and it's insane.

With that said, I have one of each character. No exceptions. Unless Thor 3 Hulk is wearing gladiator armor.

The earliest I would contemplate possibly adding another Ant-Man figure would be AM2, but even then it would be a big maybe.

I'd be perfectly fine just having this figure and nothing more.

See... this is an issue for me only if I like the costume/design better than the one I have.

But, quality continues to improve on figures. Compare Thor 1 to AOU Thor... and it's insane.

With that said, I have one of each character. No exceptions. Unless Thor 3 Hulk is wearing gladiator armor.

I've only bought 2 different Iron Man figures from Hot Toys so far, but I'm so tempted by some of the versions with evolved (better manufacturing upgrades) out there. It remains to be seen if Ant-Man will be as popular to keep getting new figures. Falcon seems to be getting new Hot Toys figures so maybe Ant-Man will too.

I like the vintage flavor of this suit over what has been shown on the early trailers for Capt. America:Civil War, so this is the one I'm getting. I'll get Yellow Jacket when it gets released too.

You can always add bits that you like from newer figures. I put the Avengers Cap red boots, gauntlets, and belt on my AoU Cap to make a "definitive" version.

I really enjoyed the film because it was fun, didn't take itself too seriously. Reminded me a bit of movies in the '80s. As for this figure...what I dig the most is the retro styling. Not a fan of what I've seen so far of the CW suit, and in truth I start to get a little tired of the sleek lines and gratuitous panels and straps of "modern and gritty" superhero gear across the board.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it bores me, all personal taste in the end, but I could probably do this first-appearance suit and be happy.

As an aside -- I'm not really a packaging guy, but I love the box art. Beautiful, stylish design and it really pops. Pretty impressed overall.

Sometimes, rarely, but sometimes you read a comment and agree 100%. I liked the film, the 80's feel is spot on. But the box art... man, I think this is the most beautiful box art from HT yet.

So I saw this in a mag today. I liked it initially in the promo images but now I'm not sure.

View attachment 250856

Attachments

• WP_20160306_14_59_30_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160306_14_59_30_Rich.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 273
I really enjoyed the film because it was fun, didn't take itself too seriously. Reminded me a bit of movies in the '80s.

Yeah, the film was a nice break, as was GotG. Both were lighthearted and fun.

Since A1, as far as the Avengers are concerned, their films have been a little more gritty, darker in tone and politically based. TDW, TWS, AoU and now CW. And that's not a bad thing, because all aforementioned films I enjoyed immensely. However, I think Marvel threw GotG and Ant-Man into the MCU mix just at the right times to break it up a bit.

I'm still not sold on the new helmet but it looks better at this angle than in the other pic we've been seeing.

Hi,

I'm interested in this figure... but I want to know if the waist articulation works well. If possible to pose the figure like this picture for example? I like to make "poses" with my figures... Thanks.

902448-ant-man-04.jpg

Check the ClipperKing's review further up the page (post#2153), I'm sure he covers it.

Back