1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The payment dates may have been pushed but the figure is already released in Hong Kong so ssc is just waiting for it to arrive. It won't be in stock before the March 5 flex dates so that gets pushed.

This thread has shown me that the Ant-Man figure is worth the wait.

Quite frankly the amount of figures Hot Toys is producing makes me think some will be given priority due their popularity. Ant-Man may not be at the top of the list for Hot Toys, but at least they are producing it.

Ant-Man is pretty cool, I think when you have him in hand you will think he's worth the wait. There aren't many better looking HT figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ant-Man may not have the amount of articulation other HT figures have, but it still has the level of accuracy and the design appeal of that cool vintage suit.

This thread has shown me that the Ant-Man figure is worth the wait.

Quite frankly the amount of figures Hot Toys is producing makes me think some will be given priority due their popularity. Ant-Man may not be at the top of the list for Hot Toys, but at least they are producing it.

There seems to be confusion. The figure is both fully completed and released already. Hot toys has nothing to do with why sideshow pushed its dates. Antman was not delayed. It's already out. Been out for a bit.

What happens with sideshow and any other retailers is that they get their stock shipped after or as the home town hot toys retail outlets get theirs. Sideshow orders such large numbers that it gets shipped to them via container ship. So it actually is on a slow ship from China. So it takes 4-6 weeks to get to sideshow. But the figure was not actually delayed or bumped or anything else. It's out.

Sideshow has to pick a date to tell customers when it will arrive in stock to them. Hot toys only provides a 3-6 month window when it will release (they say it will be released in qrt 1 or q1-q2 ect..) since sideshow offers a payment plan option they have to pick a single month. And to make sure they don't get stuck with dead stock that sits forever in the warehouse Becuase customers expected it to arrive at the end of the hot toys release window (if hot toys say it will be Jan 1, 2016- April 1,2016 which is first qrt) what sideshow does is tell everyone it will be ready at the first month and then if it takes longer the customers where aware in advance to have the funds and wine it does arrive they charge...instead of say it will arrive at the end of the window and it actually arrives two months early they get stuck sitting on the figures for two months Becuase legally they can't make the customer pay early.

Anyway..the figure itself isn't delayed. It's out. The only thing to change is the expected arrival from Hong Kong to sideshow, then out to customers is later. Has nothing to do with hot toys giving more attention to anything else.

The majority of hot toys figures release within hot toys announced release window. 80-90% over 15 years.

Yeah, my final flex pay was pushed back to April 20th.

It was initially some time in April I believe, then got bumped up to March 20th for like a day (yesterday), then as of today it says April 20th.

Motux, with the rotating photos and the sheer amount of toys in the photos I'm pretty sure I just got hypnotized. Either I need to kill John Lennon or I'm going to spend all of my savings on hot toys.

Quick shot of my Ant-Man. Timcent is sending me some magnets to replace the Blu-Tack I'm currently using.

im 007.jpg

Amazing picture and figure!! The fact those tiny vials are stored in his hip side containers is a testament to Hot Toys micro details.

I like this version of the suit over the "Captain America: Civil War" from what I've seen in the trailers so far.

Amazing picture and figure!! The fact those tiny vials are stored in his hip side containers is a testament to Hot Toys micro details.

I like this version of the suit over the "Captain America: Civil War" from what I've seen in the trailers so far.

Thanks a lot! Yeah that's definitely a cool feature. I also prefer this suit, at least right now anyway. Looking forward to seeing the new one in the film, though.

So awesome :drool :drool

Thank you!

Great pic Starscream, I'm SO looking forward to receiving this figure...glad to hear someone is making good on the missing magnets.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

I'm having issues with the light in his helmet. When I first put in the batteries and turned it on, it was bright. But about a minute later it had faded until it went completely out. I took the top back off and turned the switch off and left it for a second, then turned it back on. It worked again for a second. Now it won't work but for a split second after the switch is on.

I bought new batteries today and the same thing is happening. Now, the new batteries could be questionable as they came in a multi-pack of many different size watch batteries and it was only $2.99 so maybe they are cheap crap. Would the symptoms I'm describing be a result of bad batteries or some sort of bad connection in the helmet?

Had the same issue with an Iron Man mk 42... Changed batteries, but the new ones will work for a minute only and faint... I'm talking about high quality batteries... I guess sole figures have this issue, my Whiplash on the contrary has bright light with still its factory batteries

I want to get this, but I'm afraid they will keep changing his outfit every film like Cap. Especially if they do Giant Man

Back