1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's a great dio to include, right there. Hire this man. HT needs more forward thinkers.

Just like how they gave Robocop his chair. It could totally work.
Isn’t it pretty obvious that’s what they should do for Episode III Vader? Haha.

86713FA7-9582-4460-85CB-26158C293093.jpeg

But now it’s accurate to ROTJ. Why would it have been preferable with the ROTS design?
I dont recall ever seeing the detailed interior of Vader's helmet during RotJ, so wouldn't the ep3 interior remain the canon internal appearance until established otherwise?
Is there a shot I'm missing? How is this accurate to RotJ?

Yeah I noticed that about the interior of the facemask too. Wonder why they changed it?

Probably just proves that they indeed just took the 1/4 scale figure's helmet and scaled it down. Thus the redesigned interior. Otherwise they would've had to completely remake the face mask. Too bad. HT always likes to take the cheapest way forward.

I also hope it’s got different proportions b/c the TESB proportions are hella stocky and the new one looks to be the same too.

View attachment 720519

I just want that picture on the left in 1/6 scale. That sleek silhouette, the long legs….is that so hard, Hot Toys?

I had a waitlist convert on this ROTJ deluxe but I let it pass. Frumpy Vader is not my cup of tea.

Can someone conclude on whether this is the ESB HT Vader helmet or has it been improved to resemble ROTJ film Vader more (I know the ESB HT helmet has been highly criticised to being not fully accurate to the film).

Is this one accurate to ROTJ?

Can someone conclude on whether this is the ESB HT Vader helmet or has it been improved to resemble ROTJ film Vader more (I know the ESB HT helmet has been highly criticised to being not fully accurate to the film).

Is this one accurate to ROTJ?

Read back the last 5 pages. That’s pretty much all that has been discussed.

I just want that picture on the left in 1/6 scale. That sleek silhouette, the long legs….is that so hard, Hot Toys?

I had a waitlist convert on this ROTJ deluxe but I let it pass. Frumpy Vader is not my cup of tea.
Me too, man.

But I will say, with some futzing and redressing, the proportions can be remedied a bit. I redressed my ANH Vader and positioned the chest box and belt higher to help with the illusion of having a shorter torso w/ longer legs. It helped some, so I’m hoping I’m able to work something out with this one.

You won't see me on the Star Wars boards very much these days. I've sold all but 2 of my Star Wars figures and I've pretty much quit Star Wars. Figures and shows/movies.
ROTJ Vader is the only Star Wars PO I haven't cancelled.
However, it seems this is a pleather suit. Looks like I'll be cancelling this PO too.

Would this new helmet fit on the ESB Vader?

Are there any comparison shots of this helmet and the 'clean' helmet we get with Kenobi Vader?

Back