1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also hope it’s got different proportions b/c the TESB proportions are hella stocky and the new one looks to be the same too.

A8A99FEE-C063-4D66-9952-B4F27AC1C875.jpeg

Helmet is too big and the gloved hands are too small.
All HT Vader helmets are about 10-15% too large.

This new one is another in the "two steps forward, one step back" progress we've made over the years with HT Vaders, though at times it has felt like one step forward, two steps back.

It's sad that none of the HT Vader helmets including this one get to that 90+% accuracy of HT's best, like for example the HT snowie sculpt. It would just be mind-blowing to see HT reveal an all-new sculpt that just nailed ANH or ESB/ROTJ Vader to that snowie degree. But then they've never nailed OT Boba Fett helmet or OT stormie helmet either.

All HT Vader helmets are about 10-15% too large.

This new one is another in the "two steps forward, one step back" progress we've made over the years with HT Vaders, though at times it has felt like one step forward, two steps back.

It's sad that none of the HT Vader helmets including this one get to that 90+% accuracy of HT's best, like for example the HT snowie sculpt. It would just be mind-blowing to see HT reveal an all-new sculpt that just nailed ANH or ESB/ROTJ Vader to that snowie degree. But then they've never nailed OT Boba Fett helmet or OT stormie helmet either.
Agreed. Even HT's best Vader effort, their 1:4, suffers from too much symmetry and over-corrections. I wonder if we will ever find out whether that's a LFL mandate, or these companies simply don't know or care about the wonkiness and asymmetry.

Having said that, this ROTJ does seem to be a pretty good out of the box Vader, especially once people get him in hand who know how to futz him. Smoothing out that shoulder line and getting his "traps" looking right is essential for the right look.

So, they changed the interior of the helmet from the prototype pictures; I guess to match the 1/4 scale Darth Vader? That's too bad. I really liked the prototype interior of the mask more.

HelmetInterior-Small.jpg

I was absolutely floored by this figures announcement, not enough to bite but was impressed. After skimming a few pages on this post it seems like there's some pretty disappointing issues and changes.

That's unfortunate as I think as a total package, this release is pretty special. Such is life, I suppose. I still prefer this release to the OWK Vader, personally.

But R1 still holds the top spot for a Vader to me.

wait, this figure doesnt even have the ep3 mask internal details anymore? why not? that's one of the biggest selling points of the figure to me, and it's featured in like three product photos! how could they just delete it?

wait, this figure doesnt even have the ep3 mask internal details anymore? why not? that's one of the biggest selling points of the figure to me, and it's featured in like three product photos! how could they just delete it?
Saving it for the Revenge of the Sith Anakin Dark Side/Darth Vader release for the 20th Anniversary.

Hot Toys: Reasons.

Tell Me More To Do List GIF by Disney Channel

Back