1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man those new videos/pics showcasing him look amazing. Accurate or not, the guy looks awesome to me.
The one main downside is that darn pleather. That was the main reason I sold my ESB Vader. You'd think HT would have changed the material by now.

My R1 Vader very recently started disintegrating so I'm rethinking getting another pleather release. I might cancel and wait for a nylon version. That may be a long while, but there are plenty of other figures to keep me entertained. I'm really into this one, love the head sculpt and the lightning helmet gimmick, but the idea of paying another 300 bucks for another Vader that will start falling apart in a couple years... I dunno. Especially now that they've removed the inner helmet detail, which was a big selling point for me.

Removed..? It was inaccurate, so they updated it and now it’s not.
There may be an appearance I'm unaware of but as far as I am currently aware, episode 3 is the singular canonical source for what the inside of the helmet looks like. I don't recall any shots during RotJ that display the internals with any amount of discernible clarity. So in the absence of contradiction, would the ep3 depiction not remain valid? You imply it's more accurate now, so what's the source for these alternative internal details? I already asked once before what this new version is supposedly more accurate to, and received no reply. Where do these new/alternative details appear on screen? What did I miss?

Secured him!! Really excited 😄 love that new helmet mold.

Now, to find a TESB chest box.
If I remember correctly, the HT ESB chest box is attached to the vest with it's own battery controlled box that sits at the back of belt. Just something to keep in mind if you weren't already aware

If I remember correctly, the HT ESB chest box is attached to the vest with it's own battery controlled box that sits at the back of belt. Just something to keep in mind if you weren't already aware
Thanks Gipetto, I realized that after looking on eBay. I ended up purchasing the entire vest piece w/ chest box. If my ANH Vader is any indication, the vests can be replaced, so I hope I’m able to once I get the figure in hand!

Thanks Gipetto, I realized that after looking on eBay. I ended up purchasing the entire vest piece w/ chest box. If my ANH Vader is any indication, the vests can be replaced, so I hope I’m able to once I get the figure in hand!
Why are you replacing the chestbox that this fig comes with?

Are there any options for ANH vader replacement boots? Noticed the pleather starting to chip off. Would prefer something with a soft plastic over that mess any day

There may be an appearance I'm unaware of but as far as I am currently aware, episode 3 is the singular canonical source for what the inside of the helmet looks like. I don't recall any shots during RotJ that display the internals with any amount of discernible clarity. So in the absence of contradiction, would the ep3 depiction not remain valid? You imply it's more accurate now, so what's the source for these alternative internal details? I already asked once before what this new version is supposedly more accurate to, and received no reply. Where do these new/alternative details appear on screen? What did I miss?
We might get the tiniest glimpse as Luke takes off his mask but it would be very brief as he pulls it down out of shot. I'd doubt the inside of the mask was very detailed.
I don't want to watch ROTJ to check.
I suppose, even though its not ROTJ screen accurate, people were excited about it.

Hot Toys just need to stop using pleather completely. Or I just need to stop worrying about it and actually pose my expensive figures lol 😂

Is it actually the pleather itself? Or is it just the quality of pleather that HT uses to keep the price down?

The original 1/6 ANH Vader released by Sideshow is pleather, no? That figure came out in 2009 I believe. 15 years ago. And mine still looks as good as the day I got it and opened it.

Back