1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200w.gif

What does shipping soon mean? I ordered this for the first time using sideshow. Is it ship tomorrow, in a month? Just want to make sure my finances are on point.

I've had mine for a few days now. The Shaw head sculpt is the real stand out, with some of the sharpest detailing i've ever seen, really nice. The eyes are a tad loose on mine, as in the slightest touch and they move.

The most disappointing part is the cape. It's doesn't drape very well, and there's some awful stitching on the shoulders, which makes it bunch up. It's a step backwards from the nicer capes that came with the R1 and TESB versions.

Despite the issues though, he looks beautiful on the shelf:love::vader

DSC_0089.JPG
DSC_0090.JPG
DSC_0093.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG

I know people like usbs...I hate all those wires.

I think..THINK I ordered this from sideshow...the exclusive version, I assume the one with the Emperor's wrath head.

Financially everything is coming at once.

Something that came as a nice surprise was that both the lower neck braces that plug into the body are the same. So you can easily swap out the Shaw head or the mask without yanking the whole of the head off every time.

There's a separate adapter that needs to be used when displaying with the mask. It basically works in the same way as the 1/4 scale version.

DSC_0037.JPGDSC_0038.JPG

Matrix, how does the helmet compare in-hand with your modified R1 helmet?

Matrix, how does the helmet compare in-hand with your modified R1 helmet?
I prefer the eye shape on this new one. Despite the small nose and no visible scars/bents underneath the eyes, it looks great, and way better than TESB effort.

It's just a pity they didn't go the whole hog and re-work the lower neck brace as well, as it's the same mould that was used on the Empire version, with the tusks facing ever so slightly downwards.

Can you use the ESB cape on this ROTJ figure?
Thankfully yes.

Back