1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1728484645126.png

I have a tiny air bubble in the black paint on the left diagonal part of the "mouth". It's not really that noticeable....., but it is to me.
Yeah I have one similar as well. Also there is a rough edge on the helmet. Sucks but not super noticeable.

Any tips on preserving the pleather on this figure?

It's probably my most favourite HT ever and I want to keep him fresh as long as possible.

I read applying 303 to the suit every now and then would prove beneficial. No tips on advanced pleather removal and replacement please, etc as I am a casual collector and don't want to ruin my figures in the process :D

Many thanks.

I’ve wanted a good Vader (don’t care about minutia detail… good enough) at the $300- $400 price range…. WITHOUT

…the melting pleather or cost/ complexity of such thin leather.

Seems we are still far from this point.

Working in the SE Asia material world I find it hard to believe this is NOT possible.

These brands are either not capable or….

Either way dissatisfied and not dropping my cash on yet another iteration of The Dark Lord.

Better to get it and then get a custom/replacement suit. This is one good figure. And the pleather thing is 100% cheapskating, there are lots of materials that will look good and not fall apart. Like the new nylon suits coming next year.

Back