1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the BODIES under the clothing are the same... but due to pegs and neck connection, that's why OWK Vader is noticeably taller?
A taller thinner body is used on the R1 and OWK versions. The shorter stumpier body is used only on the OT versions.
Even without the foot pegs the R1/OWK is taller. It has better articulation on the shoulders as well.

The RoTJ figure appears to have too big shoulder pauldrons, I thought they looked a bit off with the hook shape when handling the figure yesterday.

View attachment 732623

View attachment 732625

If I am not mistaken, the figure is using the ESB pauldrons.
nso_wolf_trap_1600_x_900_star_wars_empire_strikes_back.jpg
Yeah the chest armour and shoulder bells are the same over-scaled and inaccurate ones that were used on TESB version. The boots too are inaccurate.

I don't know why HT just didn't reuse the parts from the R1 and OWK Vader's, as they look a lot better and are more accurate.

The body is not the same as ESB right? I don't have ESB but it looks a lot more stubby in photos compared to ROTJ.

Yeah the chest armour and shoulder bells are the same over-scaled and inaccurate ones that were used on TESB version. The boots too are inaccurate.

I don't know why HT just didn't reuse the parts from the R1 and OWK Vader's, as they look a lot better and are more accurate.
What's wrong with the boots?

It is the same body. A poorly posed/futzed figure can look different in some photos.
Interesting! ESB always looks so stumpy in photos and I figured it was because they chose legs that were too short to compensate for the inaccurate height of the ANH/RO Vaders. It is interesting that they have different parts of the figures they use for ANH and earlier Vader appearances and then a different body, helmet basis, and chest armor for later movie appearances. You would think they would just take the best of their Vaders for all releases.

A lot of photos of ESB also make it seem as though it has no neck, but I can see that resulting from the cape bunching up. Which is how the ROTJ looked until I spent a couple seconds futzing.

All of the OT versions come with the same flat-toe boot. The R1 and OWK versions come with a more accurate round-toe boot.
The R1/OWK boots also have a higher foot peg inside them which give the figure a better height.

Interesting.

Question on chest armor: is the HT ESB the same size as the HT ROTJ, whether accurate or not...?

All of the OT versions come with the same flat-toe boot. The R1 and OWK versions come with a more accurate round-toe boot.
The R1/OWK boots also have a higher foot peg inside them which give the figure a better height.
Ah thank you. I never really noticed the difference in boots other than the ANH 1.0 not having the calf straps.

Back