1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$430 with shipping? That's the lowest I've ever heard! And to think Sideshow was only offering like $50 or $75 off for people with major problems.

No, $430 without shipping. Mine totaled $513 with shipping, so still amazing compared to original retail plus shipping.

I might have paid the lowest price for a non-"damaged" one. Mine was brand new, $260 with shipping.

But I'm in Japan and amazon japan has had these thing priced to move since this spring. I guess it's a slow seller here cause people don't really have a lot of room for a 3 foot long plastic car. I don't either, but I'm kinda stuck with it now!

(just checked...with the current crappy exchange rate for the weak yen, they are still listed brand new at $270 shipped. It's a damn shame it's only in Japan. if there were any way to logisitcally buy these and sell them to overseas collectors I would, but the shipping from here must be astronomical.)

I might have paid the lowest price for a non-"damaged" one. Mine was brand new, $260 with shipping.

But I'm in Japan and amazon japan has had these thing priced to move since this spring. I guess it's a slow seller here cause people don't really have a lot of room for a 3 foot long plastic car. I don't either, but I'm kinda stuck with it now!

(just checked...with the current crappy exchange rate for the weak yen, they are still listed brand new at $270 shipped. It's a damn shame it's only in Japan. if there were any way to logisitcally buy these and sell them to overseas collectors I would, but the shipping from here must be astronomical.)

I wish Amazon Japan shipped to the States. :lol

I just checked out Amazon Japan, they're selling it for 37k YEN which is $311.67 USD, still a very cheap price, just goes to show you the markup on these things are insane.... You can get both the 89 Batmobile and Tumbler together for $608 USD :slap

I just checked out Amazon Japan, they're selling it for 37k YEN which is $311.67 USD, still a very cheap price, just goes to show you the markup on these things are insane.... You can get both the 89 Batmobile and Tumbler together for $608 USD :slap

And I'd love to have both! :gah:

I read somewhere that demand for these larger vehicles isn't that high in Japan because of the dearth of space, but I couldn't say one way or the other.

Ha ha, I did that! I would love to know how much the shipping is to the UK...

Looks like the "scratch and dents" are sold out on BBTS. Mine came in the other day. My first reaction: Oh God, what have I done. The box is hugemungous.

Opening it up, it's absolutely amazing. A museum quality piece. Really completes DX09. Mine has an almost unnoticeable scuff on the front right fender, and a small ding on the left rear quarter panel. I could see why it's marked down, because it's not perfect, but I don't think I'd really care even if I paid full price.

It's really well protected in the box, so I'm not sure why it even has that damage, must be because of sloppiness in the factory.

Here's a quick shot I took, still haven't figured out what to do with it:
lX8P6Gu.jpg

Yeah, when it first arrives it really is a "holy ****" moment. As far as collectibles are concerned, I haven't experienced anything like it yet.

I wish Amazon Japan shipped to the States. :lol

Ha ha, I did that! I would love to know how much the shipping is to the UK...

Batman 1989: I bought it in Japan - YouTube

The yen is super devaluated, right now it is a good chance to buy anything from japana

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

I wouldnt dare import this to the uk with 20% additional vat to pay to customs. But its interesting how cheap these could be sold for.

I thought this batmobile is the Grail piece for hottoys?? Why price drop like that? Not even tumbler like that.....

It's exactly like the Toy Biz one. Flimsy, plastic jello mold flimsy.

Finally opened mine a couple weeks ago. I ordered and received it from sideshow January 2014. Why I waited I do not know. Opened her up and zero scratches or flaws. Have around 200 figures now and started collecting December 2013. Waiting till we buy our new house before unpacking and displaying. Will need 3rd living room for my collection.

Back