*BEWARE SPOILERS* Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie was a hard one to avoid spoilers for, but mission accomplished for the most part.

I don't know anything about Deadpool other than the first 2 movies. It's just Ryan Reynolds playing the exact same role he does in everything. Just in a mask. And he does it like nobody else could.

Like most comic book movies, the overall plot doesn't really matter. It is a chance to see these characters on screen together. The buddy cop movie where you know the good guys will win.

My wife LOVED the opening credits with the nsyc dancing.

The variant Wolverines were awesome. Those little snippets. You wanted moAr! That x-men 251 recreation. Wow!

But yea, Hugh Jackman was awesome. His tone. More animal like attacks. That mask! He is the reason to see it. Whatever actor gets chosen to play the character in the future is going to have huge shoes to fill. It's like with sports that have a new coach that replaces a very successful one, never follow a legend.

I loved the wasteland aping the newer Mad Max movies. Sabretooth rolling out with the motorcycles lol. Storm getting skinned!

I would have liked to see more of Fox characters but eh, it was enough. Loved seeing Blade roll up. The OG. The man responsible for what we got.

Charles sister as the villain was good enough. Her finger head plucking was some of the best modern CGI.

I don't know what serious movie people were expecting with this . The Dark Knight? The Winter Soldier? GTFOOH.

It was fun and certainly not forgettable.

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1817604543590347103?s=46

IMG_4315.jpeg

IMG_4316.jpeg

This movie was a hard one to avoid spoilers for, but mission accomplished for the most part.

I don't know anything about Deadpool other than the first 2 movies. It's just Ryan Reynolds playing the exact same role he does in everything. Just in a mask. And he does it like nobody else could.

Like most comic book movies, the overall plot doesn't really matter. It is a chance to see these characters on screen together. The buddy cop movie where you know the good guys will win.

My wife LOVED the opening credits with the nsyc dancing.

The variant Wolverines were awesome. Those little snippets. You wanted moAr! That x-men 251 recreation. Wow!

But yea, Hugh Jackman was awesome. His tone. More animal like attacks. That mask! He is the reason to see it. Whatever actor gets chosen to play the character in the future is going to have huge shoes to fill. It's like with sports that have a new coach that replaces a very successful one, never follow a legend.

I loved the wasteland aping the newer Mad Max movies. Sabretooth rolling out with the motorcycles lol. Storm getting skinned!

I would have liked to see more of Fox characters but eh, it was enough. Loved seeing Blade roll up. The OG. The man responsible for what we got.

Charles sister as the villain was good enough. Her finger head plucking was some of the best modern CGI.

I don't know what serious movie people were expecting with this . The Dark Knight? The Winter Soldier? GTFOOH.

It was fun and certainly not forgettable.

Spot on.

Absolutely echo your comments about the CGI effects with Nova’s hands in peoples heads. That was insane.

Enjoyed the heck out of this movie. Does it make perfect sense - no. But it’s freakin’ Deadpool and freakin’ Jackman back as a character he was born to play.

Heavy on the action, heavy on the 4th wall - loved it. I thought the Liefeld’s Just Feet store billboard was genius. :ROFLMAO:

So what happens to Reynolds and Deadpool now because Marvel certainly won’t allow him to do his Deadpool shtick in the Avenger movies as it is Thor will no longer be comedic as per Hemsworth after the debacle of Love and Thunder.

Will he just be stuck in DP movies?

So what happens to Reynolds and Deadpool now because Marvel certainly won’t allow him to do his Deadpool shtick in the Avenger movies as it is Thor will no longer be comedic as per Hemsworth after the debacle of Love and Thunder.

I bet they bring him and Wolverine in. Deadpool can totally function in a PG-13 movie. DP can even say something along the lines that he has to be on his best behavior to get to hang out with the Avengers. He wouldn’t get star focus but certainly could be in the mix. I’d imagine the is will slick the wheels into getting a Deadpool 3 greenlit and X-men rebooted or whatever they’re doing with them.

I bet they bring him and Wolverine in. Deadpool can totally function in a PG-13 movie. DP can even say something along the lines that he has to be on his best behavior to get to hang out with the Avengers. He wouldn’t get star focus but certainly could be in the mix. I’d imagine the is will slick the wheels into getting a Deadpool 3 greenlit and X-men rebooted or whatever they’re doing with them.

it would actually be amazing if he showed up normal,
no 4th wall breaking, no jokes, ( well a few jokes) he's still charming and goofy,

but imagine avengers movie and he's just there to help and fight. like ant man. he's there like Starlord
he would be fighting and talking to everyone but without the meta stuff.

would it work? could it work?
I think so.
does Deadpool have to be a wild clown all the time? every time?
why? why can't we have one serious Deadpool ( serious but like Starlord or ant man) or spider man
can we have ONE movie where he's normal?

Lord I just relaxed deadpool desecrated Logan’s corpse horribly 😂. Can you watch the movie the same knowing his bones will be used to be jammed in some guys happy place? 😂

I know snikt from back then must be livid

Lord I just relaxed deadpool desecrated Logan’s corpse horribly 😂. Can you watch the movie the same knowing his bones will be used to be jammed in some guys happy place? 😂

I know snikt from back then must be livid
the part that made me laugh was when the Tailor bearded guy kept spanking Deadpool and grabbing him front because then Deadpool says he's a predator but Deadpool loves it.. I didn't expect it

the part that made me laugh was when the Tailor bearded guy kept spanking Deadpool and grabbing him front because then Deadpool says he's a predator but Deadpool loves it.. I didn't expect it
That made me laugh to. It’s funny cause he kept grabbing him and spanking him numerous times

It'd be funny if Deadpool was in an Avengers movie and while he's in the background of shots, he's looking the wrong way and talking to himself inaudibly.

Honestly I don't think DP will ever be in any other Marvel movies. He's too big. He's bigger than (whatever sad gaggle of C-listers is currently) MCU's Avengers.

Other than perhaps a cameo, any further DP appearances will be in his own movies. Maybe number 4 will be "Deadpool and the Avengers."

It'd be funny if Deadpool was in an Avengers movie and while he's in the background of shots, he's looking the wrong way and talking to himself inaudibly.

Honestly I don't think DP will ever be in any other Marvel movies. He's too big. He's bigger than (whatever sad gaggle of C-listers is currently) MCU's Avengers.

Other than perhaps a cameo, any further DP appearances will be in his own movies. Maybe number 4 will be "Deadpool and the Avengers."
YES, yes. yeah like a nervous tic. where you can't even hear what he says at all,
all the other characters just sees him talking alone and looking at the distance and everyone just thinks he's weird. or he's trolling.
have someone say " he is just trolling " ( use the word trolling)

Last edited:
I watched it today after managing to not see any spoilers.

I laughed quite a lot, some really entertaining moments in this movie.

My only disappointment was the lack of Fox X-Men characters appearing, I expected Jean to at least show up. Most of the other rumours were true; Cavill Wolverine, Blade, Elektra, Johnny Storm, X23 and Channing Tatum Gambit. They were interesting to see, but not overly surprising. I was surprised to see Pyro though, hadn't heard that rumour.

I liked what I saw of Cassandra Nova, it's too bad she is a one and done villian.

I didn't overly care for all the Deadpool's, the fighting looked good, but the ending was a bit lacklustre when Peter showed up.

Best thing about the movie is certainly Jackman as Wolverine. Surely we won't see him in the role again, which is a shame because he's still got it. He was always my favourite in the X-Men movies and I still love those films.

I was a bit flabbergasted by Deadpool digging up Logan's body. I was laughing at his actions, but afterwards thought about poor Fox X-men Logan we followed since 2000 having his body dug up and torn apart like that 😲 Can you ever watch Logan again and not think at the end....oh and later Deadpool digs him up and uses his bones to kill a dozen TVA agents??

Anyway, the movie was pretty fun. I expected Deadpool to enter into the MCU timeline, but it seems he will remain in the Fox X-Men timeline for now.

Last edited:
Back