*BEWARE SPOILERS* Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think at some point someone (the Succession guy?) says to Deadpool that Logan dies in 'your future', so I guess Deadpool used his time travel device? but then lol why not go a liiiittle less far into the future and try to just save him before the event happens. Or not time travel at all, and go find him currently.
Well Logan is going to die anyway, that version has adamantium poisoning (with the theory being that the corn is dampening his healing factor too, as that's how they suppressed the X-Gene). Doesn't seem like other Logans are suffering from the same weakened healing factor.
wait, when and why was Laura pruned and in the void anyway, did I miss that?
Well technically we don't know if its the Laura from Logan or just another Laura that went through the same events in another universe.

Well Logan is going to die anyway, that version has adamantium poisoning (with the theory being that the corn is dampening his healing factor too, as that's how they suppressed the X-Gene). Doesn't seem like other Logans are suffering from the same weakened healing factor.

Well technically we don't know if its the Laura from Logan or just another Laura that went through the same events in another universe.
Well... going to die anyway but he'd still probly be up for saving his own entire timeline in the meanwhile lol. And avoiding dying horribly and graphically in the woods. And a cure of some sort doesn't seem altogether out of the question, might be worth a shot!

Oh yeh I guess that's true about Laura. Also really there should be many variants of each character in the void cos what're the odds just one of each gets sent there out of the infinity of multiverses. We saw that with Loki. Also how does time work there because... she's older, so she came from a future time than Wade but when she went into the void she went 'back in time' or..lol. But maybe that does point to her being a different Laura; I'm sure that's the reason! ;)

It's unfortunate that the movie seems to have more holes than plot, tbh. I would've expected Reese and Wernick to sweat some of the details even just a little bit more. But I mean.. who knows what they were up against in that regard

The most unlikely criticism I have of it, that weirdly I haven't seen anyone really mention is.. Why on earth not on unmask some of the other Deadpools and/or have them do something? anything. You could remove all other Deadpools from the movie incl dogpool, and basically have it make no difference. Dogpool could've and should've had a moment where he actually does something semi-useful or cool besides just being a cute prop, Kidpool is getting a HT figure but is just...nothing, Deadpool and Wolvie finish the Deadpool Corps fight by encountering Babypool and then it just cuts, I don't think we even see what becomes of him (?) - a movie that prides itself on crazy shenanigans and giving fans what they want didn't bother to come up with a single thing for any of those Deadpools to do or even have happen to them? The hot toys figure has the babypool figure strapped to deadpool and that never happens, it made me excited to see what was coming re deadpool variants and then besides Facepool, they weren't anything at all, just seems a weird missed opportunity. I wonder what was cut (and what we might eventually see)

I'm pointing out flaws despite being super entertained by it, probly gonna see it again next weekend too, but it's flaws are not tiny

I never thought Logan took place in the main x-men continuity. It seemed like an alternate universe from the get go. It ultimately doesn’t really matter though.
yeh it doesn't, if it takes place in Deadpool's universe. Deadpool should really go stop that event that happened with Xavier prior to Logan lol. But yeh obviously none of this stuff makes sense because it's all a retcon and they don't want us to overthink it

Well... going to die anyway but he'd still probly be up for saving his own entire timeline in the meanwhile lol. And avoiding dying horribly and graphically in the woods. And a cure of some sort doesn't seem altogether out of the question, might be worth a shot!
He can't save it though, he needs to be replaced with a live Logan.

I dunno, it's all MCU multiverse BS, it's just an excuse to revive Jackman Wolverine without undoing Logan's sacrifice.
Oh yeh I guess that's true about Laura. Also really there should be many variants of each character in the void cos what're the odds just one of each gets sent there out of the infinity of multiverses. We saw that with Loki. Also how does time work there because... she's older, so she came from a future time than Wade but when she went into the void she went 'back in time' or..lol. But maybe that does point to her being a different Laura; I'm sure that's the reason! ;)
Timey whimey BS :lol

I'm just chalking it all up to the same continuity errors that the Fox universe is well known for :lol.

I dunno, it's all MCU multiverse BS, it's just an excuse to revive Jackman Wolverine without undoing Logan's sacrifice.

I'm just chalking it all up to the same continuity errors that the Fox universe is well known for :lol.
Yeah but he is alive, as we both just pointed out. Right? When Wade is intercepted by the TVA and told his universe is to be pruned, Wolverine will die, but currently is alive - so even by 'just don't think about it' multiverse BS, it really is quite crazy that Wade would then go 'i know, ill travel to the future after he's dead and try to dig him up, rather than go across country now and find him while he's alive and recruit him - aaand if THAT doesn't work, I'll go UNIVERSE-hopping to find another old disgruntled Logan who doesn't even have a vested interest in this timeline!' lol like... that's really somethinn else, from a 'plot' perspective

and yeh maybe it's basically impossible for them to have squared all of this stuff, but..I do feel like they coulda done a somewhat better job of it than just throwing their hands up that completely. and yeh maybe it doesn't really matter ultimately... but all other things being equal, a great movie sweats those details n figures it out, while being greatly entertaining, and a good one is just the latter.

No Way Home's screenplay quite adroitly IMO manages to wrangle all its multiverse stuff into something that feels plausibly like an actual movie; Deadpool and Wolverine doesn't even attempt it, and ig I was hoping (albeit not really expecting) that it might try to pull off something similar, because if it had that backbone to it on top of being as awesomely fun and funny and cool as it is, it'd be a top Marvel movie ever, but as it is I can't even just outright tell people that it's great without a bunch of qualifications

Oh I guess, I see what you mean he can't save it because he'll die anyway. But he COULD save it, if they just take down the TVA guy who is the rogue agent who intends to prune the universe. Edit: which ultimately is what happens, albeit indirectly... a Logan from another universe was never gonna change his mind either, anyway, cos he says as much

I never thought Logan took place in the main x-men continuity. It seemed like an alternate universe from the get go. It ultimately doesn’t really matter though.
Yea honestly I look at it as dofp (the happy version) and Logan as (the bad version). It doesn’t matter as fox screwed up the timeline hard once origins came out and it all went downhill from there.

4th highest Superhero movie opening ever only beaten by EG, IW and NWH.
Who would have thought that A list characters and the characters that made marvel what it is today would make money 🤔. Maybe this is a sign for them to stop banking on complete z listers perhaps and give fans what they want?

Also can deadpool just hop to u universes now? How did he get into mcu for that job interview with happy at the beginning ?

Yea honestly I look at it as dofp (the happy version) and Logan as (the bad version). It doesn’t matter as fox screwed up the timeline hard once origins came out and it all went downhill from there.
I wonder if this movie’s Wolverine could still actually be the Wolverine we’ve known since X1? If we treat Logan as out of that timeline it’s possible this one could be the one.
Also can deadpool just hop to u universes now? How did he get into mcu for that job interview with happy at the beginning ?
He had Cable’s time travel device on in that scene so I guess it can travel between timelines too.

I could be wrong but I don't think Lady Gaga's Harley will provide Joker with a bigger box office boost than what Jackman's Wolverine just provided for Deadpool. But hey after what Barbie did last year all bets are off lol...

Exactly.

Lady Gaga fans + comic book fans = .............big slap fights in the theater.

Exactly.

Lady Gaga fans + comic book fans = .............big slap fights in the theater.
IDK, she’s been in other movies and whoever her fans are they didn’t exactly flood into theaters. But I guess this is supposed to be some kind of bizarro musical so maybe that could make a difference. But a $200M+ domestic opening weekend difference? I just don’t see it. But then I didn’t care for the last Joker movie and it made over $1B worldwide so I’m probably not the best judge.

IDK, she’s been in other movies and whoever her fans are they didn’t exactly flood into theaters.

Shall we mention some of Hugh Jackman's bombs too then?

She's playing a comic book character. And I believe she likely has more world wide fans as a musician than actor-only Jackman.

I could care less personally, but we shall see.

Joker 2 isn’t getting nearly the buzz D&W got. The the musical aspect is still yet to be proven and the trailers aren’t leaning into it as much as I would have expected. I’ve finished each trailer with a ‘meh’ whereas D&W only built up my excitement. I think Joker 2 will do just fine but won’t be challenging D&W’s records.

See, I watched the Joker 2 trailer and got excited, but the Deadpool/Wolverine left me flat.

But here's the difference:

You'll see Deadpool... and Joker 2.

I won't see Deadpool... but I'll see Joker 2.

Off the two of us, what made more money?

After this success, look forward to... Three X-Men and a Babypool
I just want more lady Deadpool....... please sir, please som moe

Taylor Swift Deadpool GIF by Regal

IDK, she’s been in other movies and whoever her fans are they didn’t exactly flood into theaters. But I guess this is supposed to be some kind of bizarro musical so maybe that could make a difference. But a $200M+ domestic opening weekend difference? I just don’t see it. But then I didn’t care for the last Joker movie and it made over $1B worldwide so I’m probably not the best judge.

Lady Gaga is not as relevant anymore. it would be different if Harley was played by Taylor swift.

yes Gaga is big obviously, big fan base, but not as culturally relevant anymore, that's not a dig or a critique. it's just is

Back