Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prometheus and Robin Hood weren't crap. They weren't great but they aren't crap like The Counselor.

The Dark Knight Rises was an absolute turd. Regardless of how you personally view the script, the technical issues are everywhere. Continuity, poor acting, mixing problems. That's got nothing to do with a poorly received script or story that isn't appealing. That's bad directing.

Saw it once, and I absolutely refuse to ever watch it again. Much like this film. Shame really, since I looked forward to both.

The way I see it now is : I prefer to just stop watching after TDK and let him driving off into the night be the end of that Batman's story. But every once in a while if you want closure TDKR is there. And I mean once in a great, great while. It's still a better option than Forever continuing the Burton stories but only by a little.

Prometheus and Robin Hood weren't crap. They weren't great but they aren't crap.

The Dark Knight Rises was an absolute turd. Regardless of how you personally view the script, the technical issues are everywhere. Continuity, poor acting, mixing problems.

I'll have to agree to disagree, but you're in the minority there, of course not here on SSF but pretty much everywhere other respectable movie site has TDKR rated a lot higher than both films you've mentioned from the critics and general movie goers.

Prometheus was terrible in my opinion but I can at least understand why some people enjoyed it, Robin Hood on the other hand, that's one I don't get.

I'll have to agree to disagree, but you're in the minority there, of course not here on SSF but pretty much everywhere other respectable movie site has TDKR rated a lot higher than both films you've mentioned from the critics and general movie goers.

There is no such thing. :lol

IMDB? Take 10 seconds to browse any movie's comments, unless you're feeling homicidal. It's like a Youtube video's comments that's been viewed by Reddit.

RT? Had to disable comments over TDKR fanboys threatening critics.

The way I see it now is : I prefer to just stop watching after TDK and let him driving off into the night be the end of that Batman's story. But every once in a while if you want closure TDKR is there. And I mean once in a great, great while. It's still a better option than Forever continuing the Burton stories but only by a little.

Well, the proposed story of Burton's Batman 3 sounded just as bad or worse than Forever :lol

A Wayan's brother as Robin? :lol At least Robin Williams was a great choice for the Riddler, but instead we got hack Carrey.

Bane was the only thing I like about TDKR at least until he was revealed to be subservient to Talia.

I like my version of the TDKR better. Where Wayne is a sexual deviant virgin who stalks women who refuse to have sex with him and gets off to banging fugitives and ****ing up the city. :lol At least if you view it in that way, it makes sense.

There is no such thing. :lol

IMDB? Take 10 seconds to browse any movies comments, unless you're feeling homicidal.
RT? Had to disable comments over TDKR fanboys threatening critics.

Unfortunately that's the only way we can really gauge the overall success of these movies aside from our own opinions.

Well, the proposed story of Burton's Batman 3 sounded just as bad or worse than Forever :lol

A Wayan's brother as Robin? :lol At least Robin Williams was a great choice for the Riddler, but instead we got hack Carrey.

Thank god that never happened, I love the characters and atmosphere of of BR but it suffers from one of the worst scripts of all time.

The Wayans thing probably had to do with tying him into Two-Face. At the time, Two-Face would have also been black(Billy Dee).

Still Robin Williams Riddler and Billy Dee Two-Face is something I'd have liked to see, just for the spectacle of it.

Thank god that never happened, I love the characters and atmosphere of of BR but it suffers from one of the worst scripts of all time.

And the worst casted Batman there ever will be :yuck

The Wayans thing probably had to do with tying him into Two-Face. At the time, Two-Face would have also been black(Billy Dee).

Still Robin Williams Riddler and Billy Dee Two-Face is something I'd have liked to see, just for the spectacle of it.

I'd like to see where it went too. I'm sure Williams' Riddler would of been darker instead of the clown we ended up getting, and Billy Dee wouldn't be the over the top purple ****** bag.

And the worst casted Batman there ever will be :yuck

I'd like to see where it went too. I'm sure Williams' Riddler would of been darker instead of the clown we ended up getting, and Billy Dee wouldn't be the over the top purple ****** bag.

I don't think Robin Williams had really gone into his 'dark' phase by that point so quite possibly his Riddler wouldn't have been much different from Jim Carrey's.

Maybe not dark, but he did have more serious roles under his belt compared to Carrey. Awakenings, Dead Poet Society, Good Morning Vietnam...

Insomnia is a great example of how he could have been The Riddler. He is messing with a cop who can't reveal either of their secrets, dark and twisted but not completely psychotic.

I actually agree with that. :lol

Yet to see Interstellar.. :monkey3

Back