Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, just want to let it be known that there are issues with the rubber suit as well, similar situation to the Appleseed figures.

I've read one report so far where a collector removed his figure from the box and the arm was "stuck" to the side of the body. Attempts to separate the arm from the body resulted in tears/holes on the suit.

Another collector said he found some oily residue right out of the box on the figure, but no issues with the suit "sticking" etc. That might be the reason for the oil, to prevent the sticking.

Good thing that the store he got it from said that they will return it to Hot Toys for an exchange if it was a manufacturing defect.

No photos. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Also, not really related to the Batman figure but it was a Hot Toys military figure. A guy got his out of the box and found a hole in the uniform/vest or something. He said there were 2 holes, one big and one small.

Some of the other guys in the forum teased and said that it could "bullet holes" or battle damage. But hell, I would be upset.

Last edited:
ht_bb_batman4.jpg

Looks great but Batman's neck is TOO LONG. Just comparing the shoulder to head length between Joker and Bats and it's pretty obvious.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with this neck For christ sake its a bloody figure ..........................:banghead:banghead:banghead........................................It is one of the most movie accurate Batman Bales that is out there and this is what is PRETTY OBVIOUS......................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes

Once again.. Winge winge winge Never happy............................................:

I cannot wait to get this OBVIOUSLEY Best ever Bale Batman at my front door.........Every thing about this fig including the NECK is perfection with a capitol C...................

Welldone for posting these pics.. you are one lucky guy to have recieved these already whilst the rest of us are still drooling with anticipation.....:lol

I cannot wait to get this OBVIOUSLEY Best ever Bale Batman at my front door.........Every thing about this fig including the NECK is perfection with a capitol C...................

Well, almost everything with the exception of the belt which isn't screen accurate. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not as detail oriented as some collectors :lol He really looks good and too me is close enough to no notice anything weird, so he'll be a worthy addition.

I got my figure on Monday and only today I managed to find some time to take some pictures. Sorry for some of the out of focus shots, and the less than ideal lighting. I am using my phone's camera and they have this tendency to focus on the wrong part of the image. It also lacks an optical zoom so close up shots can be a little distorted.

Enjoy,

DSC01613.jpg

DSC01614.jpg

DSC01615.jpg

DSC01617.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

DSC01614.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

Now that we are done with the pics, how does it compares to the Takara version? (For those who doesn't know, I was the owner of the infamous damaged rubber suit Takara Batman).

The first obvious difference is the mass of their bodies. Takara Batman is a great Batman but totally inaccurate to movie as far as body mass is concern. HT got it perfect this time with the correct body proportion.

Second will be the face sculpt. Takara has a great sculpt going on back then but HT totally surpassed Takara this time, the detail of the skin and the paint app makes this the most accurate looking Bale Batman so far. It also photograph extremely well, looking like the real thing in some of the pic.

As for the rubber suit, HT uses a thinner and not as tight fitting type of construction. There are actually gap between the suit and the body. In return, we gain a lot more poseability as the looser suit allows a higher range of movement. However, I have yet to really push the rubber suit to the extreme. Maybe someone else here will take up the challenge.

There are a few stuff I felt Takara still does better, namely the cape and the feet. Yes, the cape of the Takara is actually inferior in terms of material and tailoring but it hangs so well and naturally, and actually feels like there is weight to the cape.

The HT version while superior in material and tailoring, just doesn't hangs as well as the Takara cape. The HT cape is also shorter than the Takara cape. Takara got the length of the cape right and its just weird that HT came out with one that's way shorter than their first effort.

The HT feet are like most 12' feet out there, they need a stand to really hold a pose. Batman can stand straight fine without a stand but a shake of your cabinet or a strong wind and Batman will be freefalling to the ground. More extreme pose can be really tricky to hold without the help of a stand.

The Takara can really hold a pose and doesn't need a stand due to the design of the feet. I wish more company will be using their design, it really helps eliminate the need for a stand, even for the more extreme pose.

Talking about the stand, this new stand by HT is just plain crap. Give me medicom's excellent stand anyday.

I also do not like how the batarang doesn't fit tightly on the utility belt. Same with the grappling gun.

The Bruce head is a great addition, looks exactly like Bale, my only complain is that they went a little heavy on the colour of the skin. A little too tan. Bale is a male Caucasian and his skin tone is more like Jack Sparrow.

All in all, this is a fantastic Batman and despite the few small shortcomings, it's a must if you love TDK.

Great pics :clap

This figure is so much more dynamic looking than their first release... increased poseability and the more focused expression really help a lot :rock

Great pictures noisetrigger!

So, can the HT cape be traded out for Takara's? If I get an HT Bats my Tak will be displayed as the thug headed Bruce so I won't be using the cape.

Great pictures noisetrigger!

So, can the HT cape be traded out for Takara's? If I get an HT Bats my Tak will be displayed as the thug headed Bruce so I won't be using the cape.

You could, but you will need to first removed the cape from the triangle thingy on the suit. Not sure if there is any way of removing it without damaging the suit.

Based on images, the triangular attachments for the cape are on the HT cape so if you remove that, you lose that, if that'd bother ya as far as appearance, they should have molded them to the cowl like Takara.

As for the figure overall, the suit looks like it retains a nice overall look in dynamic poses.

For those bothered by the bunching or whatever with the suit, watch Begins carefully, some poses Bale does actually do the same with the film suit, which kills the notion that it's made of kevlar and all that, it screams rubber suit, if you pay attention for details like that, casually watching the movie is fine.

You could, but you will need to first removed the cape from the triangle thingy on the suit. Not sure if there is any way of removing it without damaging the suit.

I dont' know. I see some detached HT capes on ebay so I'm thinking you can remove it without damage.

Based on images, the triangular attachments for the cape are on the HT cape so if you remove that, you lose that, if that'd bother ya as far as appearance, they should have molded them to the cowl like Takara.

As for the figure overall, the suit looks like it retains a nice overall look in dynamic poses.

For those bothered by the bunching or whatever with the suit, watch Begins carefully, some poses Bale does actually do the same with the film suit, which kills the notion that it's made of kevlar and all that, it screams rubber suit, if you pay attention for details like that, casually watching the movie is fine.
Those triangle thingy are what's pinning the cape to the suit.

I dont' know. I see some detached HT capes on ebay so I'm thinking you can remove it without damage.
I've been checking mine and those triangle thingy feels like it's actually all the way under the suit so it's very unlikely that we can remove it without damaging the suit. As for those on ebay, maybe they really did damaged the suit to remove the kit.

I've been checking mine and those triangle thingy feels like it's actually all the way under the suit so it's very unlikely that we can remove it without damaging the suit. As for those on ebay, maybe they really did damaged the suit to remove the kit.

Too bad they went that route. If they'd used a subtle piece of plastic to do what it seems they did to keep the cape on or used Takara's method and then had the triangles attached to the cowl as they should be, this figure would probably be flawless.

Back