Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been checking mine and those triangle thingy feels like it's actually all the way under the suit so it's very unlikely that we can remove it without damaging the suit. As for those on ebay, maybe they really did damaged the suit to remove the kit.

They are. The photo on ebay shows them still attached to the suit that the cape was removed from. The picture of the cape doesn't allow you to see the clasp holes clearly so I shot the seller a question about it.

Medicom Stands are nice in that they are very unobtrusive... but, they are not real versatile and the rings tend to break and can even scuff/scratch surfaces.

The best stands I've ever seen are the articulated DID, they seem to have the quality of Sideshow and Hot Toys stands combined with pose versatility.

The best stands I've ever seen are the articulated DID, they seem to have the quality of Sideshow and Hot Toys stands combined with pose versatility.

Yeah, bummer for me is I never got a figure that actually came with one of those :( Either no stand, or an odd environment base.

I'm more eager to get this figure than ever now that these in hand shots are showing off the versatility. Aesthetically it's looked great from day 1, but there's been a little concern in the back of my head based on comments about the HT BB v1's poseability, if this would be a nice looking but functionally useless figure. Now that I know it's not the case, showtime :)

There are a few stuff I felt Takara still does better, namely the cape and the feet. Yes, the cape of the Takara is actually inferior in terms of material and tailoring but it hangs so well and naturally, and actually feels like there is weight to the cape.

The HT version while superior in material and tailoring, just doesn't hangs as well as the Takara cape. The HT cape is also shorter than the Takara cape. Takara got the length of the cape right and its just weird that HT came out with one that's way shorter than their first effort.

can't you switch capes and put the takara cape on your hot toys...???

can't you switch capes and put the takara cape on your hot toys...???

See the below posts for answer.

Great pictures noisetrigger!

So, can the HT cape be traded out for Takara's? If I get an HT Bats my Tak will be displayed as the thug headed Bruce so I won't be using the cape.

You could, but you will need to first removed the cape from the triangle thingy on the suit. Not sure if there is any way of removing it without damaging the suit.

Based on images, the triangular attachments for the cape are on the HT cape so if you remove that, you lose that, if that'd bother ya as far as appearance, they should have molded them to the cowl like Takara.

As for the figure overall, the suit looks like it retains a nice overall look in dynamic poses.

For those bothered by the bunching or whatever with the suit, watch Begins carefully, some poses Bale does actually do the same with the film suit, which kills the notion that it's made of kevlar and all that, it screams rubber suit, if you pay attention for details like that, casually watching the movie is fine.

Those triangle thingy are what's pinning the cape to the suit.

I've been checking mine and those triangle thingy feels like it's actually all the way under the suit so it's very unlikely that we can remove it without damaging the suit. As for those on ebay, maybe they really did damaged the suit to remove the kit.

They are. The photo on ebay shows them still attached to the suit that the cape was removed from. The picture of the cape doesn't allow you to see the clasp holes clearly so I shot the seller a question about it.

do you have pictures of that figure on ebay with the cape removed??

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

Now that we are done with the pics, how does it compares to the Takara version? (For those who doesn't know, I was the owner of the infamous damaged rubber suit Takara Batman).

The first obvious difference is the mass of their bodies. Takara Batman is a great Batman but totally inaccurate to movie as far as body mass is concern. HT got it perfect this time with the correct body proportion.

Second will be the face sculpt. Takara has a great sculpt going on back then but HT totally surpassed Takara this time, the detail of the skin and the paint app makes this the most accurate looking Bale Batman so far. It also photograph extremely well, looking like the real thing in some of the pic.

As for the rubber suit, HT uses a thinner and not as tight fitting type of construction. There are actually gap between the suit and the body. In return, we gain a lot more poseability as the looser suit allows a higher range of movement. However, I have yet to really push the rubber suit to the extreme. Maybe someone else here will take up the challenge.

There are a few stuff I felt Takara still does better, namely the cape and the feet. Yes, the cape of the Takara is actually inferior in terms of material and tailoring but it hangs so well and naturally, and actually feels like there is weight to the cape.

The HT version while superior in material and tailoring, just doesn't hangs as well as the Takara cape. The HT cape is also shorter than the Takara cape. Takara got the length of the cape right and its just weird that HT came out with one that's way shorter than their first effort.

The HT feet are like most 12' feet out there, they need a stand to really hold a pose. Batman can stand straight fine without a stand but a shake of your cabinet or a strong wind and Batman will be freefalling to the ground. More extreme pose can be really tricky to hold without the help of a stand.

The Takara can really hold a pose and doesn't need a stand due to the design of the feet. I wish more company will be using their design, it really helps eliminate the need for a stand, even for the more extreme pose.

Talking about the stand, this new stand by HT is just plain crap. Give me medicom's excellent stand anyday.

I also do not like how the batarang doesn't fit tightly on the utility belt. Same with the grappling gun.

The Bruce head is a great addition, looks exactly like Bale, my only complain is that they went a little heavy on the colour of the skin. A little too tan. Bale is a male Caucasian and his skin tone is more like Jack Sparrow.

All in all, this is a fantastic Batman and despite the few small shortcomings, it's a must if you love TDK.

Great pictures!

Would it be possible for you to post some images showing how mobile the Batman cowled head is? I'd like to know how much the head can turn, and look up or down etc.

Regarding the tanned look of the Bale head....I think most if not all recent Hot toys figures have heads cast in a vinyl that's just a little to dark. The M-65 Rambo, POTC Elizabeth, and Superman re-release all suffer from a very dark skin tone.

BOBBY

I found the perfect suit for an extra Bruce figure!1:6 SATURDAY TOYS MEN'S SUIT SET 01A

I've already bought one. It also comes with a body and a head sculpt of the guy from Prison Break and the opening scene of TDK.

Nosetrigger, those are amazing pictures! I really wish I have ordered one, now.:monkey2

This is a good suit for the TDK version because in the scene when Lucius tells Bruce about Lau's functions he is wearing a navy suit with light blue suit. Its not exact but close enough for display.

thx for the link with pictures
IMG_4022.jpg

meanwhile I found this:
spa0204ef2.jpg

I asked the owner if you can put the cape-holder back on place aftherwards, and I am awaiting his answer, but I guess you can so no harm done :)
So I would buy a Hot Toys batman :)

I'm guessing it's easy to pop the cape off if that's how it's done.

However, looking at how it's done, my suggestion to fellow collectors is that you make a decision and stick with it. If you want to use the Takara cape, try it out, see if you like the look and commit to it, or stick with the HT cape, but I wouldn't change it out to often. You remove and reinsert that tab enough times it'll loosen the holes and then the cape won't want to stay on.

Back