Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the feedback - I guess I could easily not bother and possibly have no problems for years. There again I could spend 15 bucks and make sure I have no problems...

I presume the product will be suitable for medicom-style rubber suits too which is a bit of a bonus. Wonder if it's good for rubber bodies too, ie King Leo.

Cheers for the feedback - I guess I could easily not bother and possibly have no problems for years. There again I could spend 15 bucks and make sure I have no problems...

I presume the product will be suitable for medicom-style rubber suits too which is a bit of a bonus. Wonder if it's good for rubber bodies too, ie King Leo.

I would council a bit of caution Lejuan, since spending the $15 might just create a whole raft of other problems. I don't mean to say that I know better than The Batman Professor, but as far as I'm aware we never were told exactly what type of material the suit was made from, so it's impossible to predict precisely how it will respond long term to the product. I guess I'm just saying each approach has pros and cons, so any preservation techniques come with a degree of risk attached.

Awesome score,dude. Has the figure been displayed? If so, make sure you've got some 303 Protectant on hand to keep it fresh. I treat my OC twice a year.

Do you have a link to the exact product you use? Do you use the wipes? I've been hesitant to treat my bats up until now, but if you've treated it several times in the past without issues I'm willing to give it a try :hi5:

www.303products.com

My buddy heavily coats the inside of his masks once a year.

Here's what happened with my OC that led me to use 303. For the first year, I had him posed in a Batarang throwing stance, with his elbow bent and his shoulder rotated inward. Reposing him, the crease in the shoulder stuck together, and then the crease would not disappear. Looking at this forum, other posters were singing the praises of 303. I also called my mask collecting buddy, and then went searching for a local dealer. I got both the spray and the wipes. I prefer the wipes for figure applications. When applying the spray, I use a cotton cloth rather than paper towels.

My OC now looks like he just came out of the box, the rubber is smooth and pliant.

Last edited:
I picked this stuff up to treat rubber and plastic parts in my engine bay but I have yet to get to cleaning it first.. maybe this spring... but more importantly what finish you end up with as the result?, matt, gloss?

The OC has a satin sheen when dry.

OC.jpg

Last edited:
What about Armor all ? Will that work as well ? I use it on My Keaton Bat from Shawn and they look great but I have not try on My Hot toys OC Bat

www.303-products.com

My buddy heavily coats the inside of his masks once a year.

Here's what happened with my OC that led me to use 303. For the first year, I had him posed in a Batarang throwing stance, with his elbow bent and his shoulder rotated inward. Reposing him, the crease in the shoulder stuck together, and then the crease would not disappear. Looking at this forum, other posters were singing the praises of 303. I also called my mask collecting buddy, and then went searching for a local dealer. I got both the spray and the wipes. I prefer the wipes for figure applications. When applying the spray, I use a cotton cloth rather than paper towels.

My OC now looks like he just came out of the box, the rubber is smooth and pliant.

I don't have the HT OC, but I do have the Takara. Wonder if this would be advised for that figure as well...

What about Armor all ? Will that work as well ? I use it on My Keaton Bat from Shawn and they look great but I have not try on My Hot toys OC Bat

Oh god no!!!!!! Whenever I hear or read A...all I want to jump up especially if in conjunction with TDK OC. Don't let that stuff touch your collection. Not even your car. I treated my dash on my car decades ago and it would eventually kill it. Ever since Internet, google and forums I learned not to touch petroleum based products. Now I rarely use anything and if I must I have Vinylex and someday 303. Don't even dare to think about A....all you will regret it!!!!

:borg:

It works great on the Takara, and helps with the "dust magnet" aspect.

Looking through some old photos, I came across this and thought I would share:

OC1.jpg

I am not an expert but I have not seen any deterioration on My Keaton Bat but then again, my keaton Bat does not cost $500 to replace so I am not sure I want to take a chance on my OC BAT

The Batman Professor - have just been doing some more reading on 303 - it actually doesn't sound like there's anything in there that could react negatively with the rubbe, so I'm very tempted to buy some wipes. But still, considering HT somehow managed to get one of their Batman costumes to have a negative chemical reaction with itself, you can understand why I'd be nervous!

My question to you is you said your buddy sprays the inside of his masks every year - why not the outside? Is there some question about how it might react with painted surfaces? (Do you even wipe the head sculpt or just the suit?)

I am not an expert but I have not seen any deterioration on My Keaton Bat but then again, my keaton Bat does not cost $500 to replace so I am not sure I want to take a chance on my OC BAT

The deterioration is not immediate and takes time, I am surprised A...all still even exists and did not get sued but then I guess by the time the damage sets in most sold their cars. I started noticing the black dash turning grey and cracking maybe after 3-4yrs of applying it every month or so. Bare in mind the dash was hard plastic so applied on rubber it will likely act out faster

The Batman Professor - have just been doing some more reading on 303 - it actually doesn't sound like there's anything in there that could react negatively with the rubbe, so I'm very tempted to buy some wipes. But still, considering HT somehow managed to get one of their Batman costumes to have a negative chemical reaction with itself, you can understand why I'd be nervous!

My question to you is you said your buddy sprays the inside of his masks every year - why not the outside? Is there some question about how it might react with painted surfaces? (Do you even wipe the head sculpt or just the suit?)

He only dusts the exterior of his masks, as he doesn't want to cause paint release. The 303 is absorbed into the rubber from the inside, and he says it keeps them soft. Dryrot is the issue with rubber.

The OC head is vinyl, as are the hands, gauntlets, and accessories; therefore they shouldn't deteriorate under normal circumstances.

I am very concerned about this material. I hope it stands the test of time, but as we've seen with Medicom and HT on previous releases, they don't seem to give much thought to the longevity of one's collection.

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is it. How do you know the long term effects with 303 and these rubber figure suits?

21NYiwaoblL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Bonds into vinyl surfaces to block UV rays
  • Protects against cracking and fading
  • Also great for: rubber, fiberglass, tyres, plastic, leather and dash-boards
  • 16oz trigger spray bottle
  • Recommended for hot tub covers and MSPA inflatable hot tubs

303 protectant has been developed from the aerospace industry. This product contains NO silicone oils that usually leave the vinyl surface greasy and attractive to dirt. 303 bonds into vinyl surfaces to block the suns UV rays and guard against cracking and fading. It is also great for other products including rubber, fiberglass, tyres, plastic, leather and dash-boards. Spray on and wipe completely dry. Apply every 3-5 weeks for maximum UV protection. Store and use above freezing.

I'm not putting that stuff on my OC Batman figure. Too risky.

We'll notice when it starts to deteriorate. If I notice things that aren't to my liking I'll sell it off before it ever gets this bad,

IMG_0054.jpg

I've been worried about it since the beginning but seeing as though I don't leave it out on display and I rarely pose it, it should be fine. Mine isn't extremely glossy like some of the others I've seen, but certainly isn't as gray as the one above.

Here's mine currently (old pics, but it hasn't really changed),

080.jpg

Picture214.jpg

I'm not putting that stuff on my OC Batman figure. Too risky.

I agree. This discussion has came up many times. I've still not put anything on the figures. Hot Toys seems to work with weird processes to their rubbers. Who knows what odd effects it could have, long term. Or it starts things that never took place to begin with. Usually when things start to go wrong after it's been on years, they start to go in a weird softly way.

I think as long as you don't man handle it a lot your figure will be just fine.

Amazing how much care one have to put into our toys :)

These figures are now moving south of $600+!!!' so you really got to preserve them . I make sure sun never hits my rubber bats

That should help but even the old Keaton are starting to wear very quickly now !

There has been a bit of discussion about this already on this thread, but I'd like to get some updates on how many folks are bothering with this.

Hands up who uses 303 or some other product to maintain their Bats?

And who maintains that sensible figure maintenance (ie clean hands, clean display etc) is fine in keeping him in good condition?

303 user here, no issues. Then again, I have been using 303 to preserve rubber/vinyl for years, so it was a natural choice for OC.

You can find it at any good auto detailer or Marine supply shop.

For those that are freaking out and saying that they would never put anything on the OC rubber, more power to you.

Back