Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gripe is you portray coating the material like it's such a great thing to do and sadly too many people are easily influenced. With no logic whatsoever. So therefor they could be out running to get some that could waste it.

Oddly enough, I never would have thought I needed to try 303 until I read this board with all of the people worrying about the rubber deteriorating, almost to the point of stating that it was guaranteed to happen in the short term. I only have one of these. Like the Professor, I was initially hesitant and double-checked 303's usage warnings, but it made sense to try to protect it. If that was a bad call, I'll let everyone know. I honestly do not care what anyone else does with theirs. You shouldn't, either.

To your point, I offer this disclaimer for the easily influenced among us: Don't mess with your OC Bats and 303 protectant just because two dudes on a message board said they put some on theirs and it didn't dork it up...yet. Use at your own risk.

The most amusing part about this that I've seen countless times doesn't matter if it's a toy, or any type of equipment, a while on they are then beotching what's happened to it from tampering with it.

My own level of personal responsibility won't allow me to blame others to evade the consequences of the things I choose to do.

I would caution, like others, that Armor-All is just about the worst thing you could possibly put on this suit looking at it from a chemical composition standpoint. 303 is not the same as Armor-All.

Dude, thats Freddie Starr, a well established british comedian whose had a long career way before Chris Farley was about.

Anywho, not looking to get involved in other people's arguments, just found that to be a pretty dumb statement. Moving on.....

Dude, relax, just trowing a little "troll" back in his direction.

I didn't know any Brits besides that Python guy could be funny...

Oddly enough, I never would have thought I needed to try 303 until I read this board with all of the people worrying about the rubber deteriorating, almost to the point of stating that it was guaranteed to happen in the short term. I only have one of these. Like the Professor, I was initially hesitant and double-checked 303's usage warnings, but it made sense to try to protect it. If that was a bad call, I'll let everyone know. I honestly do not care what anyone else does with theirs. You shouldn't, either.

well whats done is done. redeem yourself by posting some new pictures of your 303 treated OC. ;)

hmm semiannual updates please :D

And now for something completely on topic:

OC.jpg

"Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more." - Chris Farley

Not sure if I want to go applying chemicals to my OC Bats just yet, but I have to say I like the sheen of the suit in Batman Professor's photo.

Hey BP, does the sheen stay after the 303 is absorbed, or is the suit still a bit wet from the application? Or option C, the flash is making it look shinier than it actually is? :)

Not sure if I want to go applying chemicals to my OC Bats just yet, but I have to say I like the sheen of the suit in Batman Professor's photo.

Hey BP, does the sheen stay after the 303 is absorbed, or is the suit still a bit wet from the application? Or option C, the flash is making it look shinier than it actually is? :)

I applied the 303 to this figure back in December, and it still has a nice satin sheen today. Photo was taken this weekend.

Which one is Molly Hatchet? I don't see any girls.

Congrats Tim. I'll have it one day myself, hopefully. I never thought I would get Dutch but I did!

Back