Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm finally done. The triangles that I broke off because apparently mine were held on by a freak of nature glue are now attached to the bottom of the cowl via two small plastic pegs I rigged up. One end I superglued to the underside of the cowl, and the other end has the triangle superglued to it. Movie accurate and awesome. My goal was to make him look awesome with the cape draped over his shoulders, and after about a day of messing with him, I'm finally happy. First, a refresher as to what he looked like with the cape he came with.

htbats5.jpg

And now, the Takara cape after all my mods.

fyeah1-1.jpg

fyeah2-1.jpg

fyeah3-1.jpg

fyeah4-1.jpg

fyeah5-1.jpg

"Theres a BATMAN!" Thats awesome. Thats the look I want, too bad I don't have the Takara cape. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

fyeah1-1.jpg

Wow, I'm loving your HT Bats and Takara cape modification, and your Takara "pre-Batman" Bruce with the HT sculpt looks great.

Love that cape, I'm gonna do the same to my HT Batman.

Hi guys,

I'm new here - not just to the forum, but 1/6th collectibles as well.
I must admit that it was because of the photos and discussion on this thread that I ended up purchasing my first 1/6 scale HT figure - the TDK Original Suit Bats. Anyway, the piece just arrived, and here are some photos:

Image037.jpg

Image041.jpg

Image024.jpg

Tdk1.jpg

Image020.jpg

I've got some newbie questions too:

1.) How do remove the ball-joints to connect the interchangeable hands? Are you supposed to just snap them out of the original sockets? Mine seems pretty tightly fixed.

2.) How durable is the rubber suit? I'd like to get the figure into certain poses but fear that the suit might tear. A pose like this would be cool:

dcd111204batmanposter.jpg

Appreciate any insight given, thanks!

I wouldn't suggest extreme posing for fear of the suit but I think that pose can be done.. the ball joints are supposed to stay on.. only the hand is supposed to be exchanged.

the suit isn't going to tear, i've done alot with it and people have posed him CROUCHING...you can do that pose from the cover no problem.

Guys,

Thanks for the advise; will be experimenting with new poses now!

Just make sure you are very careful and slow when posing it. Don't just yank and pull the limbs and joints into position. Something like that probably would tear the suit.

Also, don't leave it in an extreme pose for an extended period of time. It's best to have a neutral pose when displayed long-term.

Thanks for the caution Sith Lord; I find that Bats looks best in a sombre, neutral pose anyway!

Toughest thing I'm facing with the fig are the tightly-wound ball joints; I can't seem to separate them from the fists. I might have to soak them in hot water; damn!

Thanks for the caution Sith Lord; I find that Bats looks best in a sombre, neutral pose anyway!

Toughest thing I'm facing with the fig are the tightly-wound ball joints; I can't seem to separate them from the fists. I might have to soak them in hot water; damn!

someone here recommended using pliers to do this ( sorry cant remember who ), i did and had no problems, although you have to be extremely careful no to damage the peg but it works.

By which year do you think they will have the technology to make these figures fully poseable without tearing or damage?

Ok, I'm finally done. The triangles that I broke off because apparently mine were held on by a freak of nature glue are now attached to the bottom of the cowl via two small plastic pegs I rigged up. One end I superglued to the underside of the cowl, and the other end has the triangle superglued to it. Movie accurate and awesome. My goal was to make him look awesome with the cape draped over his shoulders, and after about a day of messing with him, I'm finally happy.

And now, the Takara cape after all my mods.

fyeah1-1.jpg
very very nicely done mate! it looks awsome!
2 questions though:
1) can you take a picture with the cape going backwards so you can see his shoulder, is that possible?

2) can you take pictures of those "plastic pegs" I would like to know what excactly you are talking about, I would do the same thing. I seems to be a good solution to make it as accurate as possible, rather than just putting the trangles back to there original position.

First off, I must say that this is a fantastic looking figure. The Batman figure is great, the Bale likeness is great.

But I do have a few observations about the figure:

- The TAKARA is slightly taller than the Hot Toys version as seen in the pics below

- Love the new Hot Toys headsculpt. The old one was horrible, that's why I went for TAKARA as it was the best one at that time and the TAKARA Bale sculpt was pretty good for its time. Hot Toys wins hands down this time.

The Batman facesculpt has lines, which adds character to it. The TAKARA one now looks like its as smooth as a baby's bottom :p

- Someone mentioned he was top heavy. He is, I think I might have to use the stand as the ankles seem to be a little loose. Either that or I don't have them plugged in properly. I didn't realize that his boots were removable, thought they were like the TAKARA ie. foot/ankle sealed inside the boots

- I thought there was an error with my belt because there's a cylinder thinggie just next to the Batarang holders. Because of that, the Batarang can't be held in place properly as the cylinder is in the way. But I just checked the photos and the cylinder IS there in the pics

I think the problem is that the HT Batarangs are a little too big, therefore the cylinder on the utility belt gets in the way. If the Batarangs were slightly smaller like the TAKARA ones, I think there wouldn't be a problem

- Found that the Hot Toys gauntlets are a little loose. Maybe it was intentionally done

- I've always thought that the Hot Toys hands didn't look natural. It seemed that way when I was posing it for some quick shots with the TAKARA. It just didn't seem right. Don't know if anyone remembers the V1 Begins, with the "karate chop action" hand. It was just straight and flat, just didn't look right.

In this case, the fists he comes with just doesn't look as natural as the TAKARA ones

- I think Hot Toys have changed the cape. It's still dual layered (or 1 piece folded and stitched to make it thicker). If I remember correctly, the V1 had some sort of satin/silk lining. I could be wrong though

But as I mentioned, fantastic and I love it. I think its better than the TAKARA version that I have. Here's some pics:

HTandTAK01.jpg

HTandTAK03.jpg

HTandTAKCloseup.jpg

BruceWayneandBatman03.jpg

BruceWayneandBatman02.jpg

A guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues :p

The owner of the store said that The Joker should arrive next week! Can't wait!

Try flipping your Batarangs around so the completely flat side is facing the belt and they should go in fine.

I have no idea what I'm getting tomorrow :lol Tracking was synchronized for Joker and Batman's numbers up until customs, then just one number has proceeded, don't know if maybe they're two packages bound together or something or if I'm really getting just one box only tomorrow and the other's still waiting. So I may have this guy tomorrow or may not, makes it fun having a surprise I guess hehe.

I have no idea what I'm getting tomorrow :lol Tracking was synchronized for Joker and Batman's numbers up until customs, then just one number has proceeded, don't know if maybe they're two packages bound together or something or if I'm really getting just one box only tomorrow and the other's still waiting. So I may have this guy tomorrow or may not, makes it fun having a surprise I guess hehe.
What method did they ship? Cos I know Fedex will give you two tracking numbers if you mail 2 boxes to the same place, but either tracking number will track BOTH packages.

What method did they ship? Cos I know Fedex will give you two tracking numbers if you mail 2 boxes to the same place, but either tracking number will track BOTH packages.

It was UPS, I've never had 2 things ship at the same time like this so I'm not used to how they work. I figure there's a chance after it got to the U.S. things changed, we'll see I guess.

Back